• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

2 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

Maybe so, but does that mean you will be the one selling them on ebay? Chards, atkinsons are not selling them I have searched other bullion dealers and can't find them and the mint confirmed they are not going to be selling them, so unless you are buying from BBP and selling them on to other people, they won't be anywhere else and that seems pretty final to me. I have seen Canadian coins with the queen's head with Charles cypher available lots of places, but this coin just at BBP. I will upload a screenshot of the email, but they went on general sale to the public today before it was pre-orders and BBP already had them in stock for a few days and haven't been able to dispatch until today after I spoke to them yesterday asking about this. 

I just mean it would be typical lol

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

I’m now confused whether this is an exclusive or if the RM is selling to all wholesale customers. But seeing as the people that have the ‘exclusive’ do t know anything about and can’t get any info about it speaks of a failure to organise a p!ss up in a brewery. 

Aaaahhh😉

11 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I’m now confused whether this is an exclusive or if the RM is selling to all wholesale customers. But seeing as the people that have the ‘exclusive’ do t know anything about and can’t get any info about it speaks of a failure to organise a p!ss up in a brewery. 

That I just found out is because they won't get the information. It's not being made public by the mint. All we know is BBP got 450 in from their initial first delivery, beyond this on how much more they get well someone needs to keep checking the site and see how many are available to work out how much there was sold once they become unavailable. 

It's isn't supposed to be BBP exclusive, it's just ended up as one currently. Either Royal Mint forgot to offer it to other people because they weren't selling it themselves, but BBP got lucky and their contact offered it - or other dealers like Chards, Atkinsons etc were offered it, but perhaps decided against it. RM may have demanded a minimum quantity purchase or premium that those dealers didn't want to accept, but that BBP were happy too.

We'll likely never know unfortunately, but I expect if Chards etc did want this coin they would have it by now. Even if they missed the original offer, with another week since seeing it listed on BBP they could have easily contacted RM and placed an order if they wanted them.

5 minutes ago, ak74 said:

One of the German "private" dealers has them. And as I understand cheaper than BPP ;)

https://ps-coins.com/de/1-10-oz-gold1/1-4-oz-gold-royal-mint-coronation-of-charles-iii-6-may-2023

Nice find, well done I don't know many of the German dealers though the queen's Beasts are very popular in Germany, sovereigns tend not to be so I don't know how these will do either. 

51 minutes ago, ak74 said:

One of the German "private" dealers has them. And as I understand cheaper than BPP ;)

https://ps-coins.com/de/1-10-oz-gold1/1-4-oz-gold-royal-mint-coronation-of-charles-iii-6-may-2023

Ah but how much would the customs charge be? I know they shouldn't. But they bloody will.

Also if you get a munter how hard is it to arrange return and replacement

2 minutes ago, dvl said:

23 available on german’s website

So not all places have equal amounts available, I was expecting that if one place gets 450 so would the other locations. 

13 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

So not all places have equal amounts available, I was expecting that if one place gets 450 so would the other locations. 

I think most places will have them over the next few days now they are officially released. but if not it'll be worth getting some.. holding off for now. See how it goes

1 hour ago, Upsidedown said:

Ah but how much would the customs charge be? I know they shouldn't. But they bloody will.

Also if you get a munter how hard is it to arrange return and replacement

I wouldn't "suggest" anyone in the UK to order from this German site, and by the way they have direct delivery only to Germany. As I am currently located in Austria and looks like @tpcob303 in Germany, these particular dealer is more of reference for us. And indeed, when I ordered some gold from the RM, local Austrian customs charged once the VAT on top, so I prefer to avoid such orders in future. Unfortunately, seems like Coronation (as well as Memorial) Double Sovereigns is the RM exclusive for sale. I am virtually sure some of the UK dealers will sell 1/4Oz Coronation coins.

18 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I wouldn't "suggest" anyone in the UK to order from this German site, and by the way they have direct delivery only to Germany. As I am currently located in Austria and looks like @tpcob303 in Germany, these particular dealer is more of reference for us. And indeed, when I ordered some gold from the RM, local Austrian customs charged once the VAT on top, so I prefer to avoid such orders in future. Unfortunately, seems like Coronation (as well as Memorial) Double Sovereigns is the RM exclusive for sale. I am virtually sure some of the UK dealers will sell 1/4Oz Coronation coins.

I have ordered from the Royal Mint bullion area. The sales are processed separately from the regular collectibles.

That said, I have had delivery to Germany from like atkinsons or other coin dealers (except BPP) I have found they charge import duty on import, that is except when purchasing bullion direct from the Royal Mint into Germany. 

Bullionbypost.eu is better for us in some regards even though the premiums are higher they have distribution from a location in France so it means we avoid import duty. Same goes for the USA they have a BPP distributor in the USA to avoid import taxes but I expect they will have some sort of local sales tax system setup there to meet USA requirements. So as you are in Austria it should be safe to order from BPP.eu to avoid the fee or the RM bullion section which will of course require you to apply with your passport details. 

Though I have no idea why the German site is only for delivery in Germany. A bit harsh, but that's Germany for you, its nothing like Austria, where I will be end of August as my partner works there and commutes every other week from NRW and this effectively funds our bullion buying. 

5 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

It's isn't supposed to be BBP exclusive, it's just ended up as one currently. Either Royal Mint forgot to offer it to other people because they weren't selling it themselves, but BBP got lucky and their contact offered it - or other dealers like Chards, Atkinsons etc were offered it, but perhaps decided against it. RM may have demanded a minimum quantity purchase or premium that those dealers didn't want to accept, but that BBP were happy too.

We'll likely never know unfortunately, but I expect if Chards etc did want this coin they would have it by now. Even if they missed the original offer, with another week since seeing it listed on BBP they could have easily contacted RM and placed an order if they wanted them.

like many things, it doesnt make sense the way RM have done this.  I think the best way to proceed is to not try and work out why they are doing what they are doing, it will just hurt your head 🤪

A someone else mentioned earlier, if for some reason the mintage is low, the 1/4 will be a nice sweet spot of original price ( not much more than a sov ) and collectabiility with the design.  So yeh, i pulled the trigger with BPP, least I get clubcard points with my credit card.  it will pay for my baked beans and toast i will have to eat for the rest of the month 🤣

If anyone sees me replying on a sales post for july, remind me of this post please  😝

5 minutes ago, bluffer said:

like many things, it doesnt make sense the way RM have done this.  I think the best way to proceed is to not try and work out why they are doing what they are doing, it will just hurt your head 🤪

A someone else mentioned earlier, if for some reason the mintage is low, the 1/4 will be a nice sweet spot of original price ( not much more than a sov ) and collectabiility with the design.  So yeh, i pulled the trigger with BPP, least I get clubcard points with my credit card.  it will pay for my baked beans and toast i will have to eat for the rest of the month 🤣

If anyone sees me replying on a sales post for july, remind me of this post please  😝

Will we ever know the mintage?  I thought, for "confidentiality" reasons, the RM did not release the mintage of bullion coins?