• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Investing gold or Silver

harry12

On 27/01/2023 at 14:48, Mobius said:

We aren't making fun of you Harry, just the fact that numbers in a username aren't necessarily someones age!

Personally, I wish I had had the foresight to start stacking when I was 13!

Yep.

I can bet @James32 was born in 1932 judging the number from his nickname and the size of his stack. 

Recently started stacking silver. Definitely don't see it as a hedge against inflation. If you use a metric of M2 money supply/silver, Silver is down and I think gold is flat. I'm using silver as a way of taking custody of my some assets and not relying on a 3rd party. similar to holding private keys for BTC.

Something I did a few weeks ago was sell a few old electronic, games consoles, take the cash and buy silver.

28 minutes ago, DiegoMartin said:

Recently started stacking silver. Definitely don't see it as a hedge against inflation. If you use a metric of M2 money supply/silver, Silver is down and I think gold is flat. I'm using silver as a way of taking custody of my some assets and not relying on a 3rd party. similar to holding private keys for BTC.

Something I did a few weeks ago was sell a few old electronic, games consoles, take the cash and buy silver.

Welcome. Have a good look round the forum to make sure the silver you are buying is easily sold on. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2023 at 09:23, BriEarl said:

hello harry I'm new to the silver forum but I've just recently swapped most my silver bullion for gold mainly sovereigns both halves and full  happy stacking buddy 

Im silver heavy & am not a fan of the coins due to deterioration, milksops and space for storage/postage. 

Im hoping silver goes up and gold goes down - it could happen - especially the high demand going forward with technology. 

Edited by Stacktastic

On 30/01/2023 at 18:57, DiegoMartin said:

I don't think you can go too wrong selling off deprecating possessions and using the funds generated to buy pms. Just be careful it doesn't turn into an obsession. It'd be no fun having a stack of gold and silver in a vault and bare floorboards and a candle at home.