• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Making my own Silver Domino Set

DrDave

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

To get some much needed practice with the silver sand casting, i thought i'd treat myself to my very own set of 999 dominoes.

I'm a fan of the rustic, hammered look, which is a result because it hides a whole multitude of sins!!

This one is 35 grams, so the complete set will be just short of a kilo, so i'll be reserving a space in the safe.

1 down, 27 to go

IMG_2229.jpg

I'm disappointed to see you are only planning a Double 6 set, the least I would have expected was a Triple 9 set (999 silver)!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

I'm a fan of the rustic, hammered look, which is a result because it hides a whole multitude of sins!!

Do you play music while working?

Could I suggest "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel, so relaxing, especially compared with... 

Yevgeny Prigozhin's favourite version of the Sledgehammer Suite by Wagner!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Do you play music while working?

Could I suggest "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel, so relaxing, especially compared with... 

Yevgeny Prigozhin's favourite version of the Sledgehammer Suite by Wagner!

😎

It was Hammer to Fall actually! Followed by Layla.............

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

Thank you.

Its good practice in finishing and finessing i hope. I should be 'adequate' by the time i've finished the set!

Looks great, could get away with half an ounce per domino? Slightly thinner but would look great, probably easy to sell 🤔

1 minute ago, Petra said:

Looks great, could get away with half an ounce per domino? Slightly thinner but would look great, probably easy to sell 🤔

Certainly as a set.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

44 minutes ago, Petra said:

If you got them hallmarked I think you’re onto a winner, people may want to buy just one or even a set. 👍😁

I’ve started the process of registering a hall mark just in case they turn out well! 😊

56 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Possibly, but they would be pretty dinky. I’ll try one this week

If they are really small then you may need to do a full set to sell, larger ones people may like just a oner (initially?), however, old small domino in a set look great. Whichever way you go, looks like you have a winner😁

Edited by Petra
Addition

24 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Looks great!  How good would these be for domino toppling?  Are they stable enough when stood on their ends?  Imagine the sound they would make when toppling loads of them!

Yes they can stand on end. I imaging a whole line of them would make quite a loud chime!