• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Spotting the dip (HOW?)

As per title really. Been stacking for 7 or 8 months now. Ive paid high and ive paid low. I understand spread throughout the year so will be digging the calculator out at the end of the year.

But if you are looking for a dip and checking the graphs do you look at daily, weekly or monthly?

Also, political decisions affect it. What makes you raise an eyebrow (with gold/silver in mind) when watching the news?

Cheers Rich 

46 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

How do you spot a dip? Look at graphs for daily,weekly,monthly,hourly?

30 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

As per title really. Been stacking for 7 or 8 months now. Ive paid high and ive paid low. I understand spread throughout the year so will be digging the calculator out at the end of the year.

But if you are looking for a dip and checking the graphs do you look at daily, weekly or monthly?

Also, political decisions affect it. What makes you raise an eyebrow (with gold/silver in mind) when watching the news?

Cheers Rich 

As I responded on a different thread:

But it was a good idea to repeat the same question as a topic of it own, as here!

😎

Chards

As a general rule I find, if you've just bought something, the dip will be tomorrow, If you're still holding on to make your purchase, the dip was yesterday.

Edited by Thelonerangershorse

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Whomever said silver and gold will help you better yourself is a first class unsigned moron! The only people that make money from coins are "me" and the royal mail!

😎

At least you're honest Lawrence. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, James32 said:

The only people that make money from coins are "me" and the royal mail!

At least you're honest Lawrence. 

Don't Royal Mail offer "free postage"?

And surely "Freepost" contravenes the Trade Descriptions Act and the Advertising Standards Authority code?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 25/10/2022 at 11:14, AaaGee said:

Cheers Rich 

I am no expert at all but:  

Personally I wait for a certain historical price & have not been let down, especially with silver. 
As other members have said stack regularly until you have enough. 

As per buying a dip - I only use bullion by post chart, but I could use much more detailed technical analysis. 
Just look for pull back points & dont try and time a bottom but accumulate as it potentially gets there. 
If it smashes support (like gold did in the US the other month) then look towards the next level. 
Support is a number of times its hit that and bounced. 

i have learnt a lot about markets and human nature this year and have got the bottom 3 times now with 2-3 KG silver each time.. 

This is my main buying times (approx) since I started (although I have made smaller purchases)
I have bought zero gold since last year and I bought next to no silver until this year. 
The blue circle was when i sold a few sets of Brits in the silver squeeze. 
i bought most my silver as it started to gain in price, I was nit in it when it hit £10. :( 

Prices I think will be a lot higher so limiting it to a certain price can leave you behind. 
I still think if tons of paper contracts get sold on the markets (in a collapse scenario)
we could see much lower prices temporarily so its always worth having a decent amount saved. 

Hoping for a lower gold price by year end if the Fed pivots/stops tightening & bonds & the dollar go down. 
i know i will be shot for this but £1250 gold & £14 silver is not out of the realms of fantasy. ;) 

GOLD.png

SILVER.png

Edited by Stacktastic

I check the spot price regularly using the bullion by post app which I find very handy as you can also set alerts on it when the spot price moves to where you want it. 

I don’t buy regularly as some people have suggested what I do is wait till the spot price drops then I buy but if the spot priced doesn’t drop to a level I’m happy with then I put the money in the bank and wait till it does.