• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Charles III Cypher

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

And:

812066557_CharlesIIICypherbw.jpg.f6bc161dd62c159b6d040d1a25c541c0.jpg

😎

That’s the Scottish cypher as I’m sure you know.

The English Charles III cypher wouldn’t look too bad as the 2023 reverse of the sovereign as a one off.

I think it’d be a good reverse design for 2023.

Imagine the good old days of the monotonous St George and the dragon reverses.

No I can’t imagine that either. 😬

The cypher is lovely and harks back to the interleaved alphabets that we didn’t see for 70 years, since Queen Elizabeth used the simple E II R.

As for using it on a coin, the Royal Mint had released a similar design with the initials of QE II and those in the immediate line of succession.

image.png.3c170256d95819f73e4a53a49a6f4d76.png

Personally, I don’t see the RM using the new KC III cypher on the 2023 Sovereign, but I could totally see them releasing a complete range of BU, silver, and gold coins with it, maybe as part of the 2023 annual set, or around the Coronation.

4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

The English Charles III cypher wouldn’t look too bad as the 2023 reverse of the sovereign as a one off.

I can't see the cypher on a sovereign It will be likely we will have a new "shield-back"  I know someone will correct me for calling it a "shield-back" but I'm down with the kids ok!......KCIII being a male the Royal the coat/shield of arms will be from his father line not QEII so the 2022 is the last sovereign we will see a house of Windsor coat of arms.  

3 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I can't see the cypher on a sovereign It will be likely we will have a new "shield-back"  I know someone will correct me for calling it a "shield-back" but I'm down with the kids ok!......KCIII being a male the Royal the coat/shield of arms will be from his father line not QEII so the 2022 is the last sovereign we will see a house of Windsor coat of arms.  

Several of the recent SOTD sovereigns carried old cyphers as Privy Marks.

A Coronation SOTD sovereign with CRIII cypher privy mark?

It's lucky he's not King Charles 7th, or there'd be trademark issues with a certain footballer.

1 minute ago, Shinus73 said:

Several of the recent SOTD sovereigns carried old cyphers as Privy Marks.

A Coronation SOTD sovereign with CRIII cypher privy mark?

It's lucky he's not King Charles 7th, or there'd be trademark issues with a certain footballer.

Can’t see it……..strangely enough that what I say about all the sovereigns with privy tattoos.

It’s  a new monarch we will see something more befitting to the occasion than a microscopic royal cypher 

It is a good sign that they managed to get the Royal cypher out pretty quickly, proves the bureaucracy at Buckingham palace can't be too bad, so they should get the new effigy of Charlie boy out sooner than I was originally thinking.

I still see post boxes with the cypher of Edward VII around so I'd imagine a post box with his cypher on will be rare as hens teeth!

9 hours ago, Foster88 said:

No, I was not aware it was the Scottish one, but I am now. Does that make me a fast learner?

I am sure we will see the new Royal Cypher on coins before too long.

Is G&D more popular than G&T?

😎

Chards