• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

DigiGold vs a Fistful of Sovereigns

DrDave

As a pure investment, is one better than the other?

We have an amount of Digi with RM which i've made a few pounds on during the sort time i've had it. And my wife is happy because she can see a real value,

I've bought a few sovereigns recently and i'm considereing converting some or all of our digi into physical. Although most of my pictures and posts are of modern silver proof coins, i really like Victoria Sovereigns. Are they a better proposition as a numismatic investment? Some of the young heads are worth much more than spot.

I have a weekend job in a touring theatre show, and we've agreed that all of this will go into gold purchase, so my stack/collection will slowly grow anyway, but would you draw some or all out of digigold and buy physical, and bullion or numimatics? I'm thinking 10-15 full sovs depending on the age etc

Please excuse me if this seems a naive question.

Thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, DrDave said:

We have an amount of Digi with RM which i've made a few pounds on during the sort time i've had it. And my wife is happy because she can see a real value,

I've bought a few sovereigns recently and i'm considereing converting some or all of our digi into physical. Although most of my pictures and posts are of modern silver proof coins, i really like Victoria Sovereigns. Are they a better proposition as a numismatic investment? Some of the young heads are worth much more than spot.

I have a weekend job in a touring theatre show, and we've agreed that all of this will go into gold purchase, so my stack/collection will slowly grow anyway, but would you draw some or all out of digigold and buy physical, and bullion or numimatics? I'm thinking 10-15 full sovs depending on the age etc

Thanks in advance

This is just my own opinion, physical gold is better to me as whilst I'm hoping for an increase in price down the line ( I'm talking 5-10 years) it gives me pleasure to look at/feel/and learn about certain coins. This has become as much of a hobbie as it is an investment. 

Digital gold is just numbers on a screen ( when the screen is working, I've seen a few glitches with rm servers recently) 

And I've seen your photos, great work by the way.. physical coins will also give you extra material to work on.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

This is just my own opinion, physical gold is better to me as whilst I'm hoping for an increase in price down the line ( I'm talking 5-10 years) it gives me pleasure to look at/feel/and learn about certain coins. This has become as much of a hobbie as it is an investment. 

Digital gold is just numbers on a screen ( when the screen is working, I've seen a few glitches with rm servers recently) 

And I've seen your photos, great work by the way.. physical coins will also give you extra material to work on.

Yes, this started as somewhere to move some money to, and gold seemed like a sound idea (which it is, plus Mrs is fully onboard)

But collecting the coins and maintaining my wealth (as they say) seems like an ideal plan.

Plus, some of the Victoria coin images that i've shot have already sold (win:win)

2 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Yes, this started as somewhere to move some money to, and gold seemed like a sound idea (which it is, plus Mrs is fully onboard)

But collecting the coins and maintaining my wealth (as they say) seems like an ideal plan.

Plus, some of the Victoria coin images that i've shot have already sold (win:win)

I view it as getting retail therapy for free ( spot price dependent of course)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

40 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Thanks in advance

There is probably not much between physical versus digital, although...

If it's from the Royal Mint, it is unlikely to be the best deal (just don't tell them I said so).

If you are going to pay very high premiums, do so primarily for the joy of owning them, although you could also be lucky.

Is your "touring theatre show" likely to come anywhere near Blackpool?

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

It would be good to meet you.

You might also like to see our photographic studio.

Not many people get conducted tours!

😎

Indeed it would, although i'm at the other end of the country. But i'll see what i can sort out. i've never been to Blackpool. I'll drop some subtle hints to Mrs tomorrow 🤫

3 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Indeed it would, although i'm at the other end of the country. But i'll see what i can sort out. i've never been to Blackpool. I'll drop some subtle hints to Mrs tomorrow 🤫

I used to go to Essex once a month.

It was a long time ago, and to visit Coin Monthly Magazine, to do our adverts.

Oh, and I used to drive there, do a day's work, then drive back, same day, originally in a (British Leyland) Mini. I must have been mad!

CM no longer exists.

Chards

1 hour ago, James32 said:

This comes from a man who uses 50 quid notes to wipe his bottom on the lav and has more gold fittings than Basra palace in Iraq! And is in contention with Chinas gold holdings!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

Not for this year. I think bristol is our most northly! Maybe next year. I'll pop in to see you, bank card in hand.

I can confirm they have electricity and running water up there.....just.....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I can confirm they have electricity and running water up there.....just.....

Thats good to hear. I've had all of my vaccinations and a fresh passport so should be safe to travel North!

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

It would be good to meet you.

You might also like to see our photographic studio.

Not many people get conducted tours!

😎

Never offered me that tour, just pointed to the Chippy which I already knew about 🙂 😉 

9 minutes ago, Chandler365 said:

You show me yours first 😉

There are thousands of them out there already, and not all of them on our websites:

18732diefullcurlgoldgradedfullsovereignvictoriayoungheadreverse.thumb.jpg.e95053efc95796969091df6b8c1df185.jpg

Others sites:

https://www.goldcopyright.co.uk/copyright-abuse/look-whos-stolen-our-images-now-royal-mint-using-our-copied-images/

There are some more of ours here:

https://www.royalmint.com/stories/collect/top-10-circulating-sovereign-coins-with-the-lowest-mintages/

Can you work out how many, and which?

😎

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

There are thousands of them out there already, and not all of them on our websites:

18732diefullcurlgoldgradedfullsovereignvictoriayoungheadreverse.thumb.jpg.e95053efc95796969091df6b8c1df185.jpg

Others sites:

https://www.goldcopyright.co.uk/copyright-abuse/look-whos-stolen-our-images-now-royal-mint-using-our-copied-images/

There are some more of ours here:

https://www.royalmint.com/stories/collect/top-10-circulating-sovereign-coins-with-the-lowest-mintages/

Can you work out how many, and which?

😎

Was thinking more along these lines 🐟 👍 always a pleasure 

chippy.jpg

9 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

OI! you pinching my Phrases now...? 😡 - You want some...?

🤣 🤣 🤣

JnbjfR.gif

Lol. Off topic but that’s the Wealdstone warrior.  Non league football legend.  I’ve seen him first hand a few times  at canvey and billericay .