• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Guess the Silver Content - 1839 Proof Britannia Groat (Fourpence)- Sorry No Prizes!

2 hours ago, James32 said:

My guess is .800 

Reason being...its neither .999 .925 .958 and .900 is usually a gold percentage ( or American silver ) that's as far as I got really 😅

Shirley it has to be .925 or better  🤷‍♂️

we need a clue

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

22 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

we need a clue

I'm beginning to think bronze 

23 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

we need a clue

Never straightforward with @LawrenceChard I'm going with bronze

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Having had the chance to look at the photo with a magnifying glass I’m going to stick my neck out and confirm this is in fact  93.2% Silver.

Or could be 0%

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

6 hours ago, James32 said:

My guess is .800 

Reason being...its neither .999 .925 .958 and .900 is usually a gold percentage ( or American silver ) that's as far as I got really 😅

2 hours ago, dicker said:

.800 silver

No!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, SidS said:

.500 silver

Or 100%

Or maybe it was made in Switzerland and balances out at .935

This is getting to be fun! 

Not 935!

😎

1 hour ago, SidS said:

Don't call me Shirley...

I just want you to know, we're all counting on you.

Like my old mate Abe Acus?

😎

Chards

If it's not Sterling silver which I thought these were... I'll try this as a guess then; it was issued as Sterling but the mint had a bad day, so it's only just off the defined amount of 92.5%...94%? 🤣 I don't blinking know. I wrote my answer out on a £50 note as requested but the ballpoint went straight through so I had to throw it out, sorry!

1 hour ago, Arganto said:

If it's not Sterling silver which I thought these were... I'll try this as a guess then; it was issued as Sterling but the mint had a bad day, so it's only just off the defined amount of 92.5%...94%? 🤣 I don't blinking know. I wrote my answer out on a £50 note as requested but the ballpoint went straight through so I had to throw it out, sorry!

How about retrieving the note from the bin, photographing it, and posting (the photo) it here?

😎

28 minutes ago, stefffana said:

My guess is .9167.

A new worker tried 22ct silver.😜😁🤪

Interesting thought!

😎

Chards