• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How are you positioned after this massive upswing in PMs ?

Paul

How are you positioned after this massive upswing in PMs ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In the light of the seismic shifts in spot prices as a result of Brexit, Interested to hear what folk have done with their PM positions?

• Sold your entire stack lock stock and barrel ?
    • Took a little profits and still hold some precious metals ?
    • Sitting pretty, have not bought or sold anything and waiting to see what happens ?
    • Have bought more precious metals ?
    • Have backed up the truck and filled your boots with PMs, as precious metals go to 'da moon ?

I'm holding right now but do plan to continue buying after the price levels out in a month are so. I have never sold are swapped anything in my stack and this is a long hold for me. I stacking silver to swap into gold when i think its right. 

Having been a stacker from the end of 2013, i have really only seen the price drop which has always been nice when buying but now the price has jumped, i am happy that my stack is worth more but £17 for a brittannia from Germany when i was getting them for £12 a few months back seems to make me wish the price would drop again, lmao.

I stack as an investment but don't want the price to go up until i feel i have enough (and how much is that.....?) :P That's greed at its peak right there.

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

On 7/2/2016 at 11:17, BaldyBob said:

I will be moving back into gold when prices drop considerably, which I think they will. This break out is too early, the world isn't about to go bust just yet.

I'm not sure you are quite right there, (although time will tell of course), but Brexit will leave a massive hole in the EU budget, especially countries that have been getting handouts paid for by ourselves, add the possibility of Trump winning, and after Brexit, you may find his supporters may come out in more numbers than ever to vote. Only 58% of the US electorate voted in the 2012 election, so a big turnout of Trump supporters, (like the oldies turning out for brexit), may carry him over the line.

All in all, both scenarios would freak out the money men, and PM's could hit silly money. (well that's what I'm banking on)

:)

22 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I'm not sure you are quite right there, (although time will tell of course), but Brexit will leave a massive hole in the EU budget, especially countries that have been getting handouts paid for by ourselves, add the possibility of Trump winning, and after Brexit, you may find his supporters may come out in more numbers than ever to vote. Only 58% of the US electorate voted in the 2012 election, so a big turnout of Trump supporters, (like the oldies turning out for brexit), may carry him over the line.

All in all, both scenarios would freak out the money men, and PM's could hit silly money. (well that's what I'm banking on)

:)

Brexit is already doing a very good job of exposing that the world is skint.  I have to say that I am VERY concerned that Carnage felt it necessary to say that he would be slashing rates and printing more money and Heseltine let it slip that savers would be screwed.  They are all getting tangled in the old school ties.  Politics is indeed a very dark art.  I don't think that we are very far away from massive civil unrest and continuing move away from the political classes - they have really exposed themselves this time.

Un charted waters in generational terms...........My opinion follow your instincts and what your emotions will allow..........also believe silver and gold are both set for much higher highs,long term,5years + with major breakouts and pullbacks to come.

Silver prices in my view will be much more volatile than gold over the 2-3 years ahead.Truth is nobody knows all depends on Central Banks Policies but I'm pretty convinced they have few if any ideas left of how to solve the problem that their financial experiments have mostly created.

Strap in,buckle up and enjoy,or not, the unprecedented times ahead................and constantly keep asking yourselves would you rather hold tangible assets or lots of scrap, and eventually worthless I O Us' called fiat currency other than when of course you have bills to pay.

I dont feel there are too many right and wrong options open to any of us here other than just what we feel happy with on a purely individual basis..............Enjoy and Good Luck with all of your decisions and strategies whatever they may be .................

5 hours ago, whitesands1 said:

Brexit is already doing a very good job of exposing that the world is skint.

Here's radical; at some point in the future, all the countries of the world, who all owe each other trillions upon trillions just agree to write it all off and start again, problem solved, everyone wins!:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

11 hours ago, whitesands1 said:

Brexit is already doing a very good job of exposing that the world is skint.  I have to say that I am VERY concerned that Carnage felt it necessary to say that he would be slashing rates and printing more money and Heseltine let it slip that savers would be screwed.  They are all getting tangled in the old school ties.  Politics is indeed a very dark art.  I don't think that we are very far away from massive civil unrest and continuing move away from the political classes - they have really exposed themselves this time.

Looking at the demonstrations in London this weekend and in the past, I find it quite confusing that the left wing aggitators that are likely to cause any unrest are also the ones that want to be shackled to the failed European project that is run by the so called elite's.  Strange world.:rolleyes:

If we continue to climb - is anyone thinking of bailing out and selling up at all time high of £1150-£1160 ?

It reached it in September 2011, if history repeats again, this is not too far away, just a couple of months away

My initial reaction to the brexit vote was to take profit on a few of my mining shares, but gold and silver are both still looking very strong, so I've bought back in. Once the US elections are over and the awful truth of how bad the economies of the developed world stand, gold and silver will likely rise further.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

If we continue to climb - is anyone thinking of bailing out and selling up at all time high of £1150-£1160 ?

It reached it in September 2011, if history repeats again, this is not too far away, just a couple of months away

Thinking about it all the time, at these prices.  All the commentators are saying that markets have recovered but yet, Gold getting closer to £ highs,  £ is at a 31 year low and the big investment funds can't pay out cash!  We are sleepwalking into a big problem.  The only question for me is how quickly........

6 hours ago, Paul said:

It reached £1164 on 5th Sept 2011 or $1864 at the then exchange rae of 1.60.

As gold is primarily traded in USD, at the current exchange rate of 1.30, gold at £1164 would only equate to $1513, nowhere near it's high.

If it did go back to $1864, that would mean £1433 in GBP.:)

8 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

If it did go back to $1864, that would mean £1433 in GBP.:)

Oooooooohhhhh :) I hardly considered $/to £ Steve, that's getting into nearly ' double your money' territory, both scary and nice in equal measure

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Oooooooohhhhh :) I hardly considered $/to £ Steve, that's getting into nearly ' double your money' territory, both scary and nice in equal measure

as @sovereignsteve said, gold is traded in dollars. meaning shorts and

timed buys and sells are all denominated in dollars. consider changing

your timings based on the dollar charts? for example there is said to be

a possible buy in/short squeeze combination between $1400-$1450.

this could push gold into full swing bull mode to eventually arrive ~$1800+.

this would easily take out golds old £ high of £1160. it is a very realistic

possibility as technical analysts put their weight in favour of bull should

gold past $1450. your sell price in £ could mean smaller profits? I'm

just saying that anyone who time gold(£) should consider the benefits of

timing it by using the dollar charts?

HH

On 01/07/2016 at 17:44, KDave said:

I am still buying a tiny amount of collectable stuff and there are a couple of reasons that stop me from selling. 

1. Mark Carnage is likely going to start up the printing press/reduce rates using Brexit as the excuse (should be doing the opposite to save the £ but he wants to keep the bubble alive).

2. Precious metals may well be in a genuine bull market and Brexit is not the reason for the moves in the dollar price of gold. Sterling fair enough. Still not sure. 

3. What else do you do with the soon to be devalued Sterling? House prices are still crazy high (double digit % higher than a year ago and rising), PM Miners that I wanted/already hold are now up too much, Non PM stocks, mostly oil related are also up too much. It all looks good on the spread sheet but I am at a loss at what to do next with my saved income.

Everything is on the table, precious metals included. Just need to figure out what offers the most opportunity.

Sometimes in life a little of each is prudent, pm cash and and what you like in your favorite collection. But I'm not a business man so probably a little bit cautious, but I do like to gamble a little, mainly because I'm just human and it's fun. Let's have a laugh while we still can. HAPPY DAY'S. And good to all and pass on the good tips Cheers. ?

2 minutes ago, Element47 said:

Ta is right about 60% of the time.

that means it's wrong 40% of the time

Is that for TA in general or just gold?

Still, you can make good money with a 60% system.

On 04/07/2016 at 03:54, sovereignsteve said:

Here's radical; at some point in the future, all the countries of the world, who all owe each other trillions upon trillions just agree to write it all off and start again, problem solved, everyone wins!:D

This!

And Steve Keen has also pointed out that a debt jubilee can/should be followed by a sort of quantitative easing for the people:

https://www.rt.com/shows/keiser-report/247345-episode-741-max-keiser/

Archived