• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Dealer questions: shipping to Ireland

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Interesting, I have never bought from Chards.

But I did buy from Bairds an age ago( before Brexit ). I believe I just sent a bank transfer to a euro account in London, so was no fees.

Correct. If Chards have an euro account, you would probably be able to do the same. The question is, what conversion rate the dealer can offer. 

The spot price of gold is converted from one currency to another using ideal mid-market rate. Is the dealer offering conversion at this ideal rate? If not, the premium in the other currency will go up.

But I am now trying to explain something @LawrenceChard would be the most competent to comment on so let's see if he confirms how it really works. 

Edited by CollectForFun
edit for additional info

5 hours ago, CollectForFun said:

Correct. If Chards have an euro account, you would probably be able to do the same. The question is, what conversion rate the dealer can offer. 

The spot price of gold is converted from one currency to another using ideal mid-market rate. Is the dealer offering conversion at this ideal rate? If not, the premium in the other currency will go up.

But I am now trying to explain something @LawrenceChard would be the most competent to comment on so let's see if he confirms how it really works. 

We do have accounts in USD, EUR, and a few other major currencies, but there are some extra bank costs and charges involved, and also with foreign exchange cross rates, but we should still be competitive. As mentioned earlier, there appears to be a glitch somewhere affecting the page under discussion. I won't find out before Monday.

Postage to Ireland will be slightly more than UK, and involve more Customs paperwork, but we do ship stuff overseas on a daily basis.

It sounds like there aren't any competitive bullion dealers in Ireland!

😎

Chards

22 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We do have accounts in USD, EUR, and a few other major currencies, but there are some extra bank costs and charges involved, and also with foreign exchange cross rates, but we should still be competitive. As mentioned earlier, there appears to be a glitch somewhere affecting the page under discussion. I won't find out before Monday.

Postage to Ireland will be slightly more than UK, and involve more Customs paperwork, but we do ship stuff overseas on a daily basis.

It sounds like there aren't any competitive bullion dealers in Ireland!

😎

Can confirm. No competitive dealers here.

@Nero sorry for maybe stating the obvious but is it not just easier to buy internally from an Ireland based dealer 

Saves your hassles of exchange/international delivery etc

The safe deposit box firm i use in the UK have an Irish gold bullion dealership called merriongold.ie based in Dublin  

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Dealer questions: shipping to Ireland
56 minutes ago, Paul said:

@Nero sorry for maybe stating the obvious but is it not just easier to buy internally from an Ireland based dealer 

The safe deposit box firm i use in the UK have an Irish gold bullion dealership called merriongold.ie based in Dublin  

I would have great reservations about any business promoting itself professionally, who could not spell the name of one on its major products:

Merrion Gold - Kruggerands

659466047_KruggerandsMerriongoldYoutube.thumb.jpg.f6155e4294768631a58b6e7f95465725.jpg

That video is dated 2014, you would have thought that they may have notice the spelling error, and corrected it by now.

This post is bound to spawn many posts highlighting some of my many typo's!

Chards

• Founder & Administrator

I’ve edited your topic title so that it’s more relevant to buying from Ireland. It may get more visibility that way :) feel free to edit it however should you wish.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Thanks for suggestion. 

I actually hold some Gold\Silver in third party storage already. Again, company is outside Ireland. Now, wanting to store some myself.

I think I did look at MerrionGold at the time, but didnt bother with them as their website lists POA for prices🙄. Cant be bothered dealing with a company with that kind of lack of transparency. May not be true, but Id guess they are not very completive in terms of cost per oz or storage costs....Ireland tends to be non competitive with everything. They probably make their money from people wanting to "stay local"...and people not knowing better.

Edited by Nero

4 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

I’ve edited your topic title so that it’s more relevant to buying from Ireland. It may get more visibility that way :) feel free to edit it however should you wish.

@Nero's original title was "Dealer questions: shipping to Ireland", obviousy because he is an Irish resident, and he had seen some non-Irish bullion dealer sites.

Presumably, Google would have showed him "local" sites first, so it's my guess he had looked at them and failed to be impressed.

It will be interesting to see if any Irish dealers do offer much in the way of physical bullion.

It's a little known fact that when my cousin Robert Alan Chard was living in Cork some years ago, we set up a company called "Anglo Irish Gold", with the intention of providing a "Chard" branch office. It attracted very liitle business, and when he moved from Cork, we closed the business.

😎

Chards

Hi Nero, Dublin based myself and I have used a few different dealers over the last few years, I can recommend https://auragentum.de/ as has already been mentioned and also very happy with https://kraatz-edelmetalle.de/ 

I wouldn't be buying huge amounts at a time and so they are also very well priced for delivery in comparison with Europa and the European mint. 

• Founder & Administrator
8 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

@Nero's original title was "Dealer questions: shipping to Ireland", obviousy because he is an Irish resident, and he had seen some non-Irish bullion dealer sites.

The original title was just “Dealer questions” Lawrence.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

26 minutes ago, Nero said:

@LawrenceChard, Chards now listing 1 oz Secondary market as €1,884. Which means premium has got higher again.

Any word from devs?

We are still working on it.

I will copy @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in as before.

There are a number of different factors affecting our € pricing, so it is not as simple as fixing one specific point, which is why it will take some time.

Obviously, I don't know how quickly you need any answers, or how much you are looking to invest. 

Chards

44 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We are still working on it.

I will copy @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in as before.

There are a number of different factors affecting our € pricing, so it is not as simple as fixing one specific point, which is why it will take some time.

Obviously, I don't know how quickly you need any answers, or how much you are looking to invest. 

No worries and no rush at all. Just highlighting issue is still there, was thinking maybe it was just weekend.

Seems to be across the site, the prices are way over the premium that is listed in the tables. e.g. 2022 Britannia's below.

image.png.9551b87aec1c36f26b008b4f62160657.png

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

No worries and no rush at all. Just highlighting issue is still there, was thinking maybe it was just weekend.

Seems to be across the site, the prices are way over the premium that is listed in the tables. e.g. 2022 Britannia's below.

image.png.9551b87aec1c36f26b008b4f62160657.png

10.8 percent premium instead of 3.8 for example.