• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Long Awaited Privateer Series Display Case

Junior

2 hours ago, Junior said:

I did, but not by hand. I used a laser engraver. Lit a couple boxes on fire before I got the settings just right. For the record, bamboo boxes go up in flames real fast 😆 

A few years ago I had a little side hustle going to add to my pm's. I have a 80w co2 but ran the tube with no water. It cracked the tube and it's £1000 for a new one so shelved it at the mo. Hoping to get it up and running soon tho. Great little hobby. 

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

A few years ago I had a little side hustle going to add to my pm's. I have a 80w co2 but ran the tube with no water. It cracked the tube and it's £1000 for a new one so shelved it at the mo. Hoping to get it up and running soon tho. Great little hobby. 

I borrowed a friend's engraver who owed me a favour. Thank God the engraver is not a cheap metal thing or else it may have melted from the first two boxes that caught fire.

3 minutes ago, Centauri167 said:

The box looks great, the inlay could be better I think, maybe higher and other material. 

Yeah, the inlay is only half as thick as the coin. It’s a 2oz, ultra high relief plus the capsule. Got to be close to 10mm thick overall.

2 minutes ago, Junior said:

An employee down at the precious metals store where I buy coins suggested putting a pirate map in the lid when it opens up. Might be something worth considering. Give it more of a ‘wow’ factor.

That could give an extra special touch indeed, worth trying I guess.

• 4 months later...

Hey I have been looking to buy this series EVERYWHERE with no luck. The only seller on eBay refuses to ship to Canada. If anyone can point me in right direction please let me know!

Mod Edit - email address moved for privacy.  Please use the PM function

• Founder & Administrator

@Choicey Feel free to list a wanted ad in the trade section. :) 

Please just make sure you have read the applicable Quickstart guide to trading first, as it contains useful and important information. 

UK QuickStart Guide
EU QuickStart Guide
USA & Canada QuickStart Guide

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

14 hours ago, Choicey said:

Hey I have been looking to buy this series EVERYWHERE with no luck. The only seller on eBay refuses to ship to Canada. If anyone can point me in right direction please let me know!

Mod Edit - email address moved for privacy.  Please use the PM function

Are you hinting that you want me to sell? LOL

@Choicey

I know the Privateer Series is hard to come by. Of the 7 coins in the series, they only ever released official mintage data for the first 4 coins. I posted over a year ago some sales data that I was able to get a hold of and I "extracted" data for the last coin in the series to make an unofficial mintage list of the series. See here:

All in all, there wasn't a single coin in the series that was minted above 100,000 and the lowest mintage coin may have been The White Whale (6th in the series) with approximately 25,000 minted. Creating a set or finding a complete set will be a daunting task.