• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin from Europabullion.com

Slivernoob

I just bought some of my first sliver coins from europabullion.com 

The coins are uncirculated, and i read thats a good thing because they keep the premium, but i am worried about the quality. Can someone with more experience, please tell me if this is normal ? 
Thanks 

6DDAE236-3E29-4F09-B5EE-ED5D98083018.jpeg

They are bullion so marks Whilst not nice can/are to be expected but that goes Beyond that parameter in my opinion. 

Did it state pre owned by any chance ? Did you buy one or a tube? How was it packed?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

They are bullion so marks Whilst not nice can/are to be expected but that goes Beyond that parameter in my opinion. 

Did it state pre owned by any chance ? Did you buy one or a tube? How was it packed?

Lastly reach out to Europa and see their response ( they are on here and I've found their customer service to be very polite and efficient)

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Lastly reach out to Europa and see their response ( they are on here and I've found their customer service to be very polite and efficient)

That look like someone has been playing heads or tales over a cobbled street

How much more would that coin be worth without the small dinks on the rim, maybe 50p? Not ideal but its a billion coin, no finger prints, not wear etc, no milk spots yet. Not ideal but I would say it's perfectly acceptable as silver bullion.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

39 minutes ago, James32 said:

Did it state pre owned by any chance ? Did you buy one or a tube? How was it packed? it was packed in  Single coin capsule, shouldnt be preowned 

3FC1555A-27E9-438D-80DE-83E22F65489D.png

1 hour ago, Slivernoob said:

Thanks for the answer. I just sent them a email. Glad im not the only one thinking this is not normal. 

If you purchased a full tube and only have one with a defect I'd consider it very acceptable as bullion. 

But if you only purchased a single coin then I completely understand why your upset and I'd expect Europa to offer a satisfactory response ( can only speak from personal experience but I've found them to be excellent )

Good morning Silvernoob,

All the coins we sell come either directly from the mint or from a respected wholesalers. All the coins labeled "Uncirculated" are exactly that - uncirculated. The scratches you see on the edges occur during the packing process in the mint or during transportation - as the coins bang against each other in the tube. 

If you were to sell this particular coin on the picture back to us we would pay exactly what we pay for a coin with no marks. 

However, since you seem to be a new customer we can offer you a replacement of the coin. We can only do that one time, we cannot guarantee that there will be no minor marks or scratches on the coins you order in the future. 

We have also sent you an e-mail response to your inquiry

Kind regards,

EuropaBullion Team

Stephen

Europa Bullion

57 minutes ago, EuropaBullion said:

However, since you seem to be a new customer we can offer you a replacement of the coin.

I had high hopes of a positive response and Europa certainly didn't disappoint.

Keep up the great work. 

11 minutes ago, sjhdesmond said:

As an onlooker I'm seriously impressed at their response. And I am now much more inclined to buy from them. Just goes to show that providing good customer service pays for itself.

Million percent, they are a well run outfit

I can confirm that the service from them is really good. They currently also have an option for deferred shipping so you can make (i think it's up to 5) orders in a 3 month period to be packed and shipped together in order to save on shipping. Not sure if they offer that for UK clients as well but worth to check out.

This is such a grey area in bullion trading. The coin is uncirculated (what does this even mean if a coin is not meant to circulate at all?), yet clearly damaged. Strictly speaking, the damage even caused the coin to lose part of its original weight.

I understand that bullion-grade should not be purchased for its appearance but strictly weight, but marketing around it conveys the message of only perfect shiny coins, because let's be honest, that's exactly what customers expect to get.

I wish dealers would be more assertive in their feedback to mints and tell them that supplying damaged goods is not acceptable, rather than turning a blind eye and passing the problem on to their customers...

Anyway, glad to hear that the OP gets to receive the undamaged coin, as he deserves.

35 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

The coin is uncirculated (what does this even mean if a coin is not meant to circulate at all?), yet clearly damaged. Strictly speaking, the damage even caused the coin to lose part of its original weight.

Uncirculated means it hasn't been in circulation like the coins in your pocket. The coin pictured would not have lost any weight from a minor ding on the rim, Silver is a relatively soft metal.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

I know one thing, if you try to sell a coin like that, ( both to a dealer as to a private person ) you will never get the same value as with the same type of coin that is in a 100% good condition. Or you must sell it in full tubes and they don't look to it.

For me the answer of the dealer is not a good answer ! Why ? Because it is a "noob" they will replace the coin for ONE time ! So if you or me buy one we are screwed ? Bad quality must always be replaced or offered a small discount in return.

I had problems like that in the past with some coins ( both golden as silver ) here in Belgium and every time I could trade the coin in against an other, without a problem, that is service !

6 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

I know one thing, if you try to sell a coin like that, ( both to a dealer as to a private person ) you will never get the same value as with the same type of coin that is in a 100% good condition. Or you must sell it in full tubes and they don't look to it.

For me the answer of the dealer is not a good answer ! Why ? Because it is a "noob" they will replace the coin for ONE time ! So if you or me buy one we are screwed ? Bad quality must always be replaced or offered a small discount in return.

I had problems like that in the past with some coins ( both golden as silver ) here in Belgium and every time I could trade the coin in against an other, without a problem, that is service !

Yeah but you put mayonnaise on your chips so...