• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

With the drop in spot looking to pick up CGT free silver

Silverman2U

19 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

At £16.8 spot fir an ounce anyone interested in selling 25% over spot PM me.

Looking for 0.999 silver coins.

Many thanks.  

@Agaumac has maples at £22 an oz and I'd hazard a guess to say you wont find much cheaper as most will just hold tight.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Agaumac has maples at £22 an oz and I'd hazard a guess to say you wont find much cheaper as most will just hold tight.

i think it needs to be CGT free  😜

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Contraversy opinion:

If you are on this forum you don't need to worry about CGT. If you were so rich CGT mattered you would be taking advice from your money manager. The fact that brits / valiants / QBs etc are CGT free is a red herring.

1 minute ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

Contraversy opinion:

If you are on this forum you don't need to worry about CGT. If you were so rich CGT mattered you would be taking advice from your money manager. The fact that brits / valiants / QBs etc are CGT free is a red herring.

Always thought similar to be fair....if I ever get into enough profit to have to worry about cgt then that's a good day indeed.

15 minutes ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

Contraversy opinion:

Observation, you have obviously never realised more than 24k profit in one year, assuming you are married.

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Always thought similar to be fair....if I ever get into enough profit to have to worry about cgt then that's a good day indeed.

I used to be bothered but then I ran the numbers. I can't remember what it was but it was some crazy apocalypse mad max jump in silver price before I even need to pay it, but by then government has collapsed and people bartering their wedding rings for cat food 

3 minutes ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

I used to be bothered but then I ran the numbers. I can't remember what it was but it was some crazy apocalypse mad max jump in silver price before I even need to pay it, but by then government has collapsed and people bartering their wedding rings for cat food 

One reaction didn't seem appropriate 😭😭😭

6 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Observation, you have obviously never realised more than 24k profit in one year, assuming you are married.

I've never realised more than £2400 in a calendar year ( everytime I make a purchase) the price absails down a mountain 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, GoldStandardPartyUK said:

Contraversy opinion:

True, but SOME people have rental properties, crypto etc

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

+ postage?🤔

No, I'm not the greedy type...free 5th class unsigned for and quite possibly never delivered postage included as standard.

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Can we get back to the topic on hand😁 who's going to be the first to sell £21 or less silver ??

Wait a minute I bought 32oz of silver from @stefffanafor £20.90 PTO yesterday, albeit in a nice big non CGT exempt homogeneous lump.

thinking about it i would like to bid £21.20 for CGT free silver bullion coins pls

8 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Wait a minute I bought 32oz of silver from @stefffanafor £20.90 PTO yesterday, albeit in a nice big non CGT exempt homogeneous lump.

thinking about it i would like to bid £21.20 for CGT free silver bullion coins pls

😅😅

2 hours ago, Bars said:

True, but SOME people have rental properties, crypto etc

That's the answer. If you have more than one asset it could get out of control. Best to buy British and not worry about it.