• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Backyard Bullion Buys

Gruff

6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I thought I'd start this thread as I wasn't sure where to post this. 

Over the last couple weeks a fair number of people on this forum have either received for the first time a BYB/TSF round or piece and have become instant fans of this style/type of silver. 

I first found this forum through @BackyardBullion's YouTube channel and promptly became a member.  I think I was lucky enough to get some of the TSF 100g bars and that was enough to get me hooked. 

68018319_BYBGoodness.thumb.jpg.f07fdf49db616b87d6d3377ca715acfc.jpg

Over the last 15 months or so I've been accumulating pieces for myself and my other half (I need to keep her sweet), so when I have the opportunity to get the 100g bars or 1oz bars I tend to double up. Keeps me safe from the dog house :lol:

But I just thought that I'd share what I have of his/TSF's collaborations as I know there are many others that are really appreciative.

Very very nice collection 👍

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

@James32 - the collection is getting there, I'd like a few more years of consecutive numbers in the different rounds/bars to make the collection feel that is has oomph behind it :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Gruff said:

@James32 - the collection is getting there, I'd like a few more years of consecutive numbers in the different rounds/bars to make the collection feel that is has oomph behind it :D 

It's sure getting there but considering some of the size of those pieces in the back, in 5 years your going to get caught up in a very awkward conversation with the wife ( trying to justify why you need an extension on the house) 😅

1 minute ago, James32 said:

It's sure getting there but considering some of the size of those pieces in the back, in 5 years your going to get caught up in a very awkward conversation with the wife ( trying to justify why you need an extension on the house) 😅

And to reinforce the floor :lol:

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

19 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I thought I'd start this thread as I wasn't sure where to post this. 

Over the last couple weeks a fair number of people on this forum have either received for the first time a BYB/TSF round or piece and have become instant fans of this style/type of silver. 

I first found this forum through @BackyardBullion's YouTube channel and promptly became a member.  I think I was lucky enough to get some of the TSF 100g bars and that was enough to get me hooked. 

68018319_BYBGoodness.thumb.jpg.f07fdf49db616b87d6d3377ca715acfc.jpg

Over the last 15 months or so I've been accumulating pieces for myself and my other half (I need to keep her sweet), so when I have the opportunity to get the 100g bars or 1oz bars I tend to double up. Keeps me safe from the dog house :lol:

But I just thought that I'd share what I have of his/TSF's collaborations as I know there are many others that are really appreciative.

That is quite the wonderful showcase of your collection!

The big rolos are by far and away my favourite of the bunch!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That is quite the wonderful showcase of your collection!

The big rolos are by far and away my favourite of the bunch!

I have to admit they're mine too. That 40oz is simply remarkable. It sits on my desk and I often pick it up and still marvel at just how heavy it feels in the hand. Something innately comforting in holding a weighty piece. I'm forever grateful that you mentioned in your first Rolo video that you'd love to make a 40 oz to complete the set :)  

I like the ripple pieces very much but there's something more appealing to me personally about the hammered selection ( might be to do with the fact I use tools for a living and can appreciate the extra work)

Overall though the whole poured silver thing although cost prohibitive at times seems more appealing and enjoyable ( dont get me wrong I love coins and minted bars but.....I cant even look at them the wrong bleeding way or they develop diseases on the spot😅

15 minutes ago, James32 said:

I like the ripple pieces very much but there's something more appealing to me personally about the hammered selection ( might be to do with the fact I use tools for a living and can appreciate the extra work)

Overall though the whole poured silver thing although cost prohibitive at times seems more appealing and enjoyable ( dont get me wrong I love coins and minted bars but.....I cant even look at them the wrong bleeding way or they develop diseases on the spot😅

Indeed, the hammered pieces are amazing. 
These are for me a collection. 

Brit rounds and the like are something that could be liquidated if I was ever in a pinch and needed to get FIAT currency for whatever reason.

I think your philanthropy supporting BYB is awesome. So I believe you should extend that further by sending me the 40oz rolo!

Feel free to Dm me for postage details 😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

For sure, they really are eye catchers the hammered rolo rounds. For me they honestly would be the last to be sold if I ever found myself in that position.

1 minute ago, dicker said:

I have recently received a hammered sphere which is the size of a gold ball.  An absolutely beautiful object.

Nothing wrong with hammering ya balls as the female croquet player said to the bishop! Im sure his were black n blue after the game!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

23 minutes ago, Gruff said:

For sure, they really are eye catchers the hammered rolo rounds. For me they honestly would be the last to be sold if I ever found myself in that position.

The same here, I had the chance to buy poured silver from Silver Dragons here in a LCS in Belgium for spott + 10%, best silver investing I did ever.

They look just beautiful and are so much more worth on the second hand market.

Last silver pieces I would ever sell.

1 minute ago, Centauri167 said:

The same here, I had the chance to buy poured silver from Silver Dragons here in a LCS in Belgium for spott + 10%, best silver investing I did ever.

They look just beautiful and are so much more worth on the second hand market.

Last silver pieces I would ever sell.

Nice! Sounds like you bagged a bargain. 

I think that when silver is poured by small individual businesses, it adds to the appeal. Something akin to communities from the ages.

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Nice! Sounds like you bagged a bargain. 

I think that when silver is poured by small individual businesses, it adds to the appeal. Something akin to communities from the ages.

Correct, it are pieces of art !

And the creations of Silver Dragons are just beautiful, he also has a big Youtube channel, he is from the US.

( BYB products are also beautiful btw )

18 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Best way to get that sorted is to buy 40oz of milk spotted/toned 1oz coins on this here forum and then have a chat to @BackyardBullion, send it to him with a handful of paper monies and in a period you'll have yourself one sweet looking rolo round. I did that exactly and all in all I ended up with about 14 grams more than 40oz. So even 1oz rounds from the mints are ever so slightly over :D 

Its amazing how much free silver you get from 1 oz gov minted rounds.

The best i have seen so far are the austrian philharmonics. I had 100 of them and had nearly a whole extra oz of silver! 29 grams from memory.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

17 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Best way to get that sorted is to buy 40oz of milk spotted/toned 1oz coins on this here forum and then have a chat to @BackyardBullion, send it to him with a handful of paper monies and in a period you'll have yourself one sweet looking rolo round. I did that exactly and all in all I ended up with about 14 grams more than 40oz. So even 1oz rounds from the mints are ever so slightly over :D 

How Santa does the deal doesn’t matter to me

10 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Its amazing how much free silver you get from 1 oz gov minted rounds.

The best i have seen so far are the austrian philharmonics. I had 100 of them and had nearly a whole extra oz of silver! 29 grams from memory.

Extra free silver and free milkspotting as an other extra, the mints are giving just to much to their customers ... 😇 🤣

2 minutes ago, Centauri167 said:

Extra free silver and free milkspotting as an other extra, the mints are giving just to much to their customers ... 😇 🤣

I no longer have any milk spotting on those rounds :D 🤣