• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello forum members

Hi forum members. I've had an interest in numismatic coins and precious metals (mainly antique silver) for many years. Buying from jumbles, car boot sales, junk shops when i could, then from ebay when it came along. 

I have been into bullion stacking since about 2014 because I liked the idea of owning some of the .999 silver content Britannia's ready for a "sure thing" mega return after the horrendous price plummet of the time (having been unaware of their existence in 2013).

Still stacking So filling some of my time with some like minded people, and perhaps doing some trade or deals sometime in the future.

Take a quick look at this new 2022 Brit. that escaped R.M. quality control. Great detailed strike but Its so off center struck it has completely ruined the milled edge. I know that its only bullion but Its practically an error/reject. If I didn't know what I was looking at I would think it to be a bit iffy. Hope they get their act together soon.

Thank you for letting me join,

Much love, F.

042.JPG

Hello! Welcome to the forum 🤗

An interesting error coin. Not one I've seen before. The QC obviously was asleep on the job. 😂

In 2014, there were quite a few 'mule' Britannias minted. A wrong die was used and the coins were released onto the market. They were for a while sought after with added premium. But not sure if yours will attract the same attention though 😅

Edited by Happypanda88

5 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Hello! Welcome to the forum 🤗

An interesting error coin. Not one I've seen before. The QC obviously was asleep on the job. 😂

In 2014, there were quite a few 'mule' Britannias minted. A wrong die was used and the coins were released onto the market. They were for a while sought after with added premium. But not sure if yours will attract the same attention though 😅

Thank you Happypanda88.

I have a whole tube of the same, so they really could have been asleep ha ha. The only other thing I can think of is that a lower quality or incorrect blank has been used due to the apparent Royal mint shortage reported a few weeks ago.

I don't think they will have a premium either, other than the one that I already paid on them. It makes me wonder how the premiums are actually justified on these.

Yes shame they are not mule Britannia's I would be over the moon. I'm not that lucky 😁

On 04/11/2021 at 03:27, frugalman said:

Hi forum members. I've had an interest in numismatic coins and precious metals (mainly antique silver) for many years. Buying from jumbles, car boot sales, junk shops when i could, then from ebay when it came along. 

I have been into bullion stacking since about 2014 because I liked the idea of owning some of the .999 silver content Britannia's ready for a "sure thing" mega return after the horrendous price plummet of the time (having been unaware of their existence in 2013).

Still stacking So filling some of my time with some like minded people, and perhaps doing some trade or deals sometime in the future.

Take a quick look at this new 2022 Brit. that escaped R.M. quality control. Great detailed strike but Its so off center struck it has completely ruined the milled edge. I know that its only bullion but Its practically an error/reject. If I didn't know what I was looking at I would think it to be a bit iffy. Hope they get their act together soon.

Thank you for letting me join,

Much love, F.

042.JPG

Welcome to the forum! And interesting error for sure!!

1 minute ago, Jvw said:

Welcome to the forum! And interesting error for sure!!

Thanks Jvw I'ts a great place and I'm slowly finding my way around.

We could have sent theBrits back but decided to keep them for the novelty. There a bit crazy looking but from a reliable source lol. I have 25, be interesting to hear of any others out there. Correct size and weight. with a slight oval of less than a mil showing up on my calipers.  

2 minutes ago, frugalman said:

Thanks Jvw I'ts a great place and I'm slowly finding my way around.

We could have sent theBrits back but decided to keep them for the novelty. There a bit crazy looking but from a reliable source lol. I have 25, be interesting to hear of any others out there. Correct size and weight. with a slight oval of less than a mil showing up on my calipers.  

I haven't seen any, but haven't been paying attention either ;) 

5 minutes ago, Jvw said:

I haven't seen any, but haven't been paying attention either ;) 

I noticed less than a second after opening the tube. you cant really miss them. the edges look ugly.

Edited by frugalman

7 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Could be rough handling post production has caused some of it but iffy QC during production is definitely a culprit here.

I opened the seal myself.  Can you see the beading between the grooves? I cant think of another 1oz blank with beading between the grooves apart from last years gold Brit had dots. Totally the wrong size for this of coarse.

Edited by frugalman

I can see what you mean, maybe it is a production error on all of them. As far as rough handling goes though a sealed tube from the mint doesn't mean they weren't knocked about before going into the tubes. As long as they come out at weight and have been struck it seems that's all the RM care about with most bullion. I imagine they're shimmied, shuffled and bounced about into their runners 🤪

Just now, Liam84 said:

I can see what you mean, maybe it is a production error on all of them. As far as rough handling goes though a sealed tube from the mint doesn't mean they weren't knocked about before going into the tubes. As long as they come out at weight and have been struck it seems that's all the RM care about with most bullion. I imagine they're shimmied, shuffled and bounced about into their runners 🤪

They are all off center in the same place the beading starts and finishes in the same place and i can tell they were produced in exact order. Unfortunately I may have moved a few out of place. so it will take me hours to put them back in order. hindsight isa lovely thing lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Welcome aboard The Silver Forum!

Thanks mate. Can you sell your own collection as a non business on here? or do you need some kind of a UK selling licence. confused about signingup to premium.

Edited by frugalman

On 07/11/2021 at 17:46, Liam84 said:

Could be rough handling post production has caused some of it but iffy QC during production is definitely a culprit here.

Such a waste as the detail is like fantastic. look at her face.

13 hours ago, frugalman said:

Thanks mate. Can you sell your own collection as a non business on here? or do you need some kind of a UK selling licence. confused about signingup to premium.

Forum members may buy and sell in the Buy & Sell section, no UK selling license needed, as far as I’m aware, as I’m in U.S.

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/115-united-kingdom/

Getting a premium membership will help with buying from the Forum as you will have visibility to sales days before non-members. And the membership will pay for itself many times over from the competitive pricing with members… @ChrisSilver can assist you with premium memberships if you have any questions.

9 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

no UK selling license needed, as far as I’m aware

Thanks, been away from selling for eons, especially online. All platforms are different and I have trouble deciphering T&cs at the best of times.

looks quite good value to gain access to the inner sanctum. I will inform my great uncle frugal who is considering joining up :) 

Thank you.