• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 bullion sovereign

Chris99a

hi, I was just wondering if there was any news on the 2022 bullion sovereign. from what I'v hear the proof sovereign will be issued next year and feature the royal arms but what about the bullion one? will ot also have the arms, or the standard design maybe with a privy mark. or does anyone thing a bullion sovereign may not be issued at all to ensure highest levels of sales from the more expensive proof versions?

9 minutes ago, Chris99a said:

hi, I was just wondering if there was any news on the 2022 bullion sovereign. from what I'v hear the proof sovereign will be issued next year and feature the royal arms but what about the bullion one? will ot also have the arms, or the standard design maybe with a privy mark. or does anyone thing a bullion sovereign may not be issued at all to ensure highest levels of sales from the more expensive proof versions?

I would guess that the Royal Mint would view the proof coins and the bullion coins as aimed at separate markets, and therefore produce both of them.  I think this happened in 2002, 2005 and 2012 but not in 2017 (when a privy mark was used on the non-proof version). 

^^^ As above.  Consider the proof version if you like proof sovereigns and/or the investment angle, but if (like me) you stack or collect bullion, I would expect that the bullion version will carry the same reverse as the proof.

The 2017 sovereign is the only recent exception to this rule but given what happened in 2002 and 2012, I cannot see them doing this for the 2022 Platinum Jubilee commemoration.

They will most likely have the same reverse in both the proof and the bullion version.As was done in 2002 and 2012. 

The 2017 sovereign was the 200th anniversary of the ‘modern’ sovereign and not to commemorate accession to the throne.

I may be wrong but I’d be surprised if both the proof and bullion 2022 reverses didn’t feature the new, one year only design.

thanks I was thinking similar things 

1989, 2016, 2017- proof only but non jubillee issues 

2002, 2012 jubliee issues in bullion.

the only oddity is 2004 issued in bullion but non jubilee based. 

my only concern was that with 2 special issues in a row being non bullion I was just wondering if the mint may have unofficaly sneeked it in that one year types would only be proif but I think theres a higher chance if this being bullion than other issues in all honesty. I hope so as I dont buy proof

On 05/10/2021 at 13:46, Chris99a said:

its looking like bullion by post are taking pre orders for the bullion sovereign so seems like a bulliin grade will be issued. hoping it will be the arms version

Screenshot_20211005-134418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211005-134315_Chrome.jpg

I like the text "Notify me when back in stock".

Does that mean they have already had them in stock and sold out?

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer are slow off the mark here! 😎

I have already commented on TSF elsewhere about the design, and whether the bullion version would share the same Platinum Jubilee design, or the familiar definitive St George and Dragon.

I have also voiced my guess as to the likely release dates of proof and bullion versions. I also recently helped create a 2022 Royal Coat of Arms Gold Sovereign information / blog page.

Rather than re-write or copy and paste from it, at the risk of being accused or suspected of self-promotion 😎, I will add a link to it here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/2022-royal-arms-sovereign/1025

If anyone thinks I should avoid linking to Chards pages, you can always let me know. This invitation includes fellow dealers.

Chards