• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why the bad reviews for Coin cabinet all of a sudden

pricha

3 minutes ago, matt1r said:

I’ve found they are slow to reply to emails, I’ve had to phone them in the past any they’ve been very helpful and knowledgable (at least in my experience). I’d be inclined to give them a bell. 👍

OK thanks il do just that tomorrow, I figured an email would be better to show them the coin I want to enter, but yes will call them and chase it up 

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

have bought from them quite a few times and seen both sides. 

1,  paid  then dispatched next working day.  This is the best you get

2 Paid dispatched a few days later.  This is usual. 

3 Paid, payment gets 'lost in system'  even though my bank gives me all the details that payment is siting in there bank.  The CC state non payment they will get debt collectors 'bailiffs'  to collect debts, well if they cannot sort out payments that sits in there own bank accounts its very bad that they contact a debt recovery company quickly.

I have bought from many auction houses and the CC are the only auction house that i know that pursue's bidders like this.

One other thing i have noticed.  The CC are a small outfit,  When another aution house was having an aution you could not get in touch with them , IMO they are watching /buyers at other auction houses .  Please note this is not a complaint of the CC all busnesses can operate how ever they like within the law.   

Looks like they've just updated their website but I can't login to my account anymore. I've emailed them without reply. I've tried resetting my password but it doesn't recognise my email address.

Anyone else having problems accessing TCC account?

33 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

Looks like they've just updated their website but I can't login to my account anymore. I've emailed them without reply. I've tried resetting my password but it doesn't recognise my email address.

No problems for me logging in.

8 hours ago, Booky586 said:

I had to re-register for a "new" account with the same email I had previously used, too.  

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 10/12/2021 at 06:48, jultorsk said:

I had to re-register for a "new" account with the same email I had previously used, too.  

Thanks for the tip. Like yourself I registered with the same email and it associated it to my "old" account with all my previous purchases etc.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, marston59 said:

News Update

In addition to our new tailored auctions, we are also introducing a 6% Buyer’s Premium at our European sale on April 10th. This will be the first auction with the new buyer’s premium, which will then be continued with all sales starting in May.

Yeah, bad news for consignors... Although it's called buyer's premium, buyers basically don't care - they will simply bid as much less...

On 24/09/2021 at 16:15, pricha said:

I purchased a few sovereigns on Sunday which haven't arrived yet . I'm not too worried about that , whilst they are normally very quick to post i understand this won't always be possible. I was just casually looking at google reviews and noticed 5 one star bad reviews in the last week. To be honest they look like the same disgruntled person using different names. Not a single explanation either for the one star.  An annoying thing is i can't find my invoice anywhere in my emails. It's disappeared.  I'm probably getting a touch paranoid. 😳 Whilst i'm not a big fish , i always found them respectful and diligent. 

My 1/4 proof sovereign that I bought Sunday arrived this afternoon. Great coin in original mint box and condition. Postage is a pain, to me is expensive, however if you have just sold a couple of hundred coins you want someone to pick them up rather than lug to the local post office!

3 hours ago, marston59 said:

News Update

In addition to our new tailored auctions, we are also introducing a 6% Buyer’s Premium at our European sale on April 10th. This will be the first auction with the new buyer’s premium, which will then be continued with all sales starting in May.

Very odd, removing the exact thing that originally built their popularity. I presume the sellers commission fee of 9 or 10% will be remaining also. Hopefully this isn’t tantamount to business suicide for them.

Can’t say that I’ve ever bought from them, but I have used them a few times for submitting coins to PCGS for grading and i have always been more than happy with their service. 

Edited by Shep

3 hours ago, marston59 said:

News Update

What a strange pivot from TCC. They started off as the "radical underdog" disrupting the coin auction scene, and everyone loved the new kid on the block.

Now it's buyer's commission, 'Head of Creative' and Invaluable/Saleroom, much as everyone else.

"We understand that this is a big change. We hope that you continue to use our services as the new rate is still one of the lowest in numismatic auctions, and we will still provide our clients with our stellar customer service throughout the auction process."

🤐

Also no mention of their grading service (only offered to those who consign the coin - prior to knowing the grade!), or the Marketplace that was announced a while ago. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by jultorsk
Added link to video.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

5 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Also no mention of their grading service (only offered to those who consign the coin - prior to knowing the grade!

I have to say on that point that I’ve never consigned a coin with them either. I just emailed asking them if they would submit my coins to PCGS and they said yes 🤷‍♂️.

I do agree though they don’t advertise it and perhaps things have changed since I used them around 18 months ago.

Edited by Shep

2 minutes ago, Shep said:

I have to say on that point that I’ve never consigned a coin with them either. I just emailed asking them if they would submit my coins to PCGS and they said yes 🤷‍♂️.

I do agree though they don’t advertise it and perhaps things have changed since I used them around 18 months ago.

I know, I was just looking at their grading offering option and the page now says:

"For those wishing to enhance their collection or submit their coins for grading before auction consignment, The Coin Cabinet offers a grading service through the PCGS and NGC. "

This is different from the terms they offered earlier, when they first started offering grading.

https://thecoincabinet.com/about/faqs/

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Very odd, removing the exact thing that originally built their popularity. I presume the sellers commission fee of 9 or 10% will be remaining also. Hopefully this isn’t tantamount to business suicide for them.

Definitely an opportunity for a certain North West coin and bullion dealer😎

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon