• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Treasure Hunters!!!!

CollectorNo1

12 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I would like to try this, although my expectations wouldn't be much higher than Coke cans and bottle tops...

You never know a friend of mine found a few years back a couple of Tudor silver coins and a 1764 Gold Guinea on the Thames foreshore of which he sold for a alot of money... and yes hundreds of Coke tops..😆

That’s awesome, I live just outside of St Albans which is a Roman settlement town with a load of history so have always wanted to run the Greenland and churned up fields with a metal detector, it doesn’t help that I watch Aussie goldhunters 5 nights a week. 

15 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

That’s awesome, I live just outside of St Albans which is a Roman settlement town with a load of history so have always wanted to run the Greenland and churned up fields with a metal detector, it doesn’t help that I watch Aussie goldhunters 5 nights a week. 

Ditto...I'm addicted to that show..everytime I watch it I want to book a ticket and fly out there....but that heat puts me off..🌞🌞🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

48 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

That’s awesome, I live just outside of St Albans which is a Roman settlement town with a load of history so have always wanted to run the Greenland and churned up fields with a metal detector, it doesn’t help that I watch Aussie goldhunters 

Yeah lots of Red tape from a purely antiquity point of view I've always been interested in WW1 and WWII..its always  been my goal to go to the Fields in France to detect the fields of Ypres,Somme,Pashendale,flanders but its not possible unless you belong to a professional organisation that has the permission to explore French fields.. their lands...Not related in anyway to PM's but just another one of my passions and interests..

7 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

Hahaha atleast I’m not the only one, I love the way all of them weigh it with there hand and guesstimate how much the nugget weighs, and all there phrases cor she’s a ripper etc. 

Yeah I love the Aussie  terminology it doesn't look so hard when you watch it....(So edited for TV)  to pick up Gold Nuggets...and as you know we have seen some stonkers come out of the ground...but if it was that easy we would all be heading over there...but with permits..paper work..poachers..government permits.....obtaining leases.. blow dryers wet washers.. not to mention all the other machinery you need..well its a  bit out of my price range to say the least.. to obtain all the equipment haha...but doesn't stop me wanting to go and try my luck....

I have thought about it many times. Five minutes from where I live, a first time detectorist found a Roman hoard within half hour. 

https://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/10464772.spectacular-roman-treasure-found-in-sandridge-was-discovered-by-first-time-metal-detector/ 

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I have thought about it many times. Five minutes from where I live, a first time detectorist found a Roman hoard within half hour. 

https://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/10464772.spectacular-roman-treasure-found-in-sandridge-was-discovered-by-first-time-metal-detector/ 

I’m from the same area, this is what I’ve visualised finding maybe not on my first run! 
I’ll find more than a measly 159 gold coins though.

1 hour ago, Scaffstacker said:

I’m from the same area, this is what I’ve visualised finding maybe not on my first run! 
I’ll find more than a measly 159 gold coins though.

Last year they put a load of football pitches at a local college. I debated getting a detector and hopping the fence when they were digging it up. 

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

Last year they put a load of football pitches at a local college. I debated getting a detector and hopping the fence when they were digging it up. 

I don’t blame you I am going to look into it, the Greenland from London colney to park street takes my eye miles of untouched fields and the odd churned up one, surprisingly the big hauls or impressive coins end up being only 7 inches or so underground.

7 minutes ago, Scaffstacker said:

I don’t blame you I am going to look into it, the Greenland from London colney to park street takes my eye miles of untouched fields and the odd churned up one, surprisingly the big hauls or impressive coins end up being only 7 inches or so underground.

There is always finds being sold on the local Facebook group. I would love to have a go, not sure if I have the room for another hobby tho. 

I'd love to have a go at metal detecting - I used to have a child's one (red and black) just for fun.

I have a biscuit tin sized hole in my garden and I have always wondered if there was once buried treasure there.  I'm reminded of it everytime I cut the lawn and step in the whole - I haven't filled it in yet, as I'm wondering whether it'll come in handy when the big gold reset and or the next black Swan event happens! 😀

Found a stunning gold Quarter Laurel in paddock not far from a church dug loads of modern trash on the same day then "gold in the hole " 😅

Here is a picture of some silver medieval hammered coins all from the same nearby fields.

There is a couple of Norman King of England " Stephen 1135 - 1154 " in the picture both very rare finds ( coins 2 & 3 second row down ) 

-44435745118675__456x810-RGB_565717836854.jpg

Edited by Midasfrog