• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Britannia Platinum proof 1oz coin, does it exist?

I noticed on the Royal Mint website that there was a page for a 2021 Britannia Platinum proof 1 oz coin, but was sold out.

I contacted the Royal Mint to see  if there was any possibility that they still had some.

I was told that this coin was only issued in 1/4oz Platinum proof NOT 1oz. 

This is the link to the web page:

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/the-britannia-2021-uk-one-ounce-platinum-proof-coin/

Has anyone purchased this coin?

Does it exist?

8 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

I noticed on the Royal Mint website that there was a page for a 2021 Britannia Platinum proof 1 oz coin, but was sold out.

I contacted the Royal Mint to see  if there was any possibility that they still had some.

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/the-britannia-2021-uk-one-ounce-platinum-proof-coin/

Does it exist?

I think one of the problems is that the Royal Mint is producing so many coins, and so its staff do not really know what there is.  I suggest you log into this page every day (9am?) and see if there are any updates.

44 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I think one of the problems is that the Royal Mint is producing so many coins, and so its staff do not really know what there is.  I suggest you log into this page every day (9am?) and see if there are any updates.

Yes good advice, will do that next week

Looks like there were some platinum proof 1oz available through mint marque. Very covert launch if one could call it that. Seems like many royal mint sales staff weren’t aware of it. 
one thing I’m interested in is where did the rest go. I very much doubt they were sold in the Uk as I’d have expected more gossip. Other than @goldhunteri hadn’t heard a jot until late last evening. I managed to get one this morning 🥳
So if anyone knows where they sold (rather than speculating) I’d be very interested.

TIA

Jaconet

On 14/08/2021 at 20:49, goldhunter said:

Does it exist?

You just can't believe a word the RM tell you! 🙂

Chards

On 14/08/2021 at 20:49, goldhunter said:

Does it exist?

It definitely exists. I saw it say around 2 weeks ago and contemplated. I think it sold out within 24 hours.

• 7 months later...