• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

IGNORE

muneeb

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

... and it does not matter to the other person you are trying to screw over?

Your comment also carries the clear implication that the other person does not matter either.

Perhaps you should have used a noun instead of a verb as your thread title. 🙂

The other person does matter, of course he does. I don’t treat people rudely and my parents have always taught me to respect others.

Also I did let him know it was up-to him if he wanted to return the extra money as it was a mistake from my side and he was kind enough to return that money. 

7 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Haha, why’s that🤨

It's because you mentioned the importance of £10 to your side of the deal and perhaps accidentally implied that you weren't considering the importance of £10 to the seller.

I can see your main point to the topic is that you accidentally raised your offer when a lower price was already agreed. Kind of like a Trigger moment off Only Fools And Horses 😂

Lesson learned either way. Always stick to a deal. The seller was kind enough to let you off, although they didn't have to because it was your mistake.

14 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

If £10 matters then wait for the right deal to come up.

It was the right deal, hence why I got that £10 back and we agreed on the purchase. Just waiting for the goods to be sent out.

22 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

It's because you mentioned the importance of £10 to your side of the deal and perhaps accidentally implied that you weren't considering the importance of £10 to the seller.

I can see your main point to the topic is that you accidentally raised your offer when a lower price was already agreed. Kind of like a Trigger moment off Only Fools And Horses 😂

Lesson learned either way. Always stick to a deal. The seller was kind enough to let you off, although they didn't have to because it was your mistake.

Yeah made a silly mistake🥴, yes. Thank you:)

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

... and it does not matter to the other person you are trying to screw over?

Your comment also carries the clear implication that the other person does not matter either.

Perhaps you should have used a noun instead of a verb as your thread title. 🙂

It seems like you were trying a similar plan with multiple sellers, shopping around for the best deal, yep i get it, fair enough, the reason I chose not to work with you on a deal is the way you went about trying to get a deal as I explained in pm at the time, also I didn't feel comfortable as a seller.

Whilst I offered some friendly advice on using the forum, it seems like this incident must have gone on since then. 
It might be worth making some smaller purchases and building up some feedback and reputation within the community, check out some of the articles available on bullion dealers websites or videos or discussions about the pros and cons of different gold coins vs bars etc. 
There's a lot of knowledge within the forum to draw upon and contribute to 
Happy stacking mate  :)

13 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

It seems like you were trying a similar plan with multiple sellers, shopping around for the best deal, yep i get it, fair enough, the reason I chose not to work with you on a deal is the way you went about trying to get a deal as I explained in pm at the time, also I didn't feel comfortable as a seller.

Whilst I offered some friendly advice on using the forum, it seems like this incident must have gone on since then. 
It might be worth making some smaller purchases and building up some feedback and reputation within the community, check out some of the articles available on bullion dealers websites or videos or discussions about the pros and cons of different gold coins vs bars etc. 
There's a lot of knowledge within the forum to draw upon and contribute to 
Happy stacking mate  :)

I think you were meaning @muneeb, rather than me. 🙂

Chards

• trp locked this topic