• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

@Numistacker Did you get them from a US coin store?

They came from a guy in the USA who was selling them from a YouTube movie. For sale only to someone in the USA ))) as luck would have it today I'm in Texas and in three days will be in Florida where they can be sent to ...

a pre owned 10 oz sunshine mint bar from atkinsons  it was only a fiver more for a new one but spoke to paul atkinson and he said it was as new in original pakaging which they sold to the original customer    hope hes telling the truth  anyway £15.30 per oz   knowing my luck they,ll be £145 tommorow on the friday smackdown 

ohh  almost forgot   saw some you tube stuff on the realist news guy in the car on you tube

his new video claims that jp morgan have been buying 1000s of physical tons of silver and taking delivery  ......would anyone know why they would do that  :rolleyes:

the reason i ask is , i thought jp morgan just bought paper silver

Edited by craig12

Splashing the cash a bit lately SP

You must be almost at the 100 now?

Nice purchase buddy.

I go through phases of buying,sometimes i just get the urge to add to the stack.

I am at 92 oz silver and i have got a birthday coming up in may so hopefully my family will help me nudge close to that 100 oz i have been chipping away at.

I plan to stop at 100 oz silver but who knows damn addictive stuff this,

I do like the sovereigns i have been getting and plan to collect these.  

a pre owned 10 oz sunshine mint bar from atkinsons it was only a fiver more for a new one but spoke to paul atkinson and he said it was as new in original pakaging which they sold to the original customer hope hes telling the truth anyway £15.30 per oz knowing my luck they,ll be £145 tommorow on the friday smackdown

ohh almost forgot saw some you tube stuff on the realist news guy in the car on you tube

his new video claims that jp morgan have been buying 1000s of physical tons of silver and taking delivery ......would anyone know why they would do that :rolleyes:

the reason i ask is , i thought jp morgan just bought paper silver

There was something a while ago I read which stated that JP Morgan were the only ones long silver whilst everyone else was short. They could be the largest holders of physical but who knows. @craig12

Edited by HelpingHands

Today I bought ten 1oz Philharmonics from Silver to go......

First silver since November :)

Out of interest (I'm new), would it not make more sense to buy say a 10oz lunar/kook which would cost less than £0.30 more an ounce and have some potential premium when you come to sell it further down the line? 

Realise I may be talking nonsense, just trying to get my head around it all!

Out of interest (I'm new), would it not make more sense to buy say a 10oz lunar/kook which would cost less than £0.30 more an ounce and have some potential premium when you come to sell it further down the line? 

Depends why you are buying silver.

Stackers are only interested in piling on maximum Oz per £ spent.

If you are a collector you'll want all the fancy high premium stuff.

'Investors' might try and find well priced semi-numi coins which will appreciate well, which can be a bit hit and miss. Or it can work out well for you if you have a good eye.

What about your exit strategy? If SHTF and silver hits £100 an ounce (In mt dreams!! lol) Then I'd like to have a lot a little hundred quid coins to liquidate.

What makes sense to one person might be nonsense to another, and vice versa!

It's a good point, but I kind of like having lots of smaller coins rather than one 1ozer. It helps my stack look bigger lol :)

I believe the core market of stackers/collectors go for 1oz coins. Aside from a few 2oz coins i have picked up here and there i have nothing larger.  

Just look at the mintages and sales and it is nearly always the 1oz coin that sells out first. 

Also a 1oz coin is a proper coin sized ..........errrrr..........'coin'. 

Im sorry, but the 5oz and bigger gets a little silly in size in my opinion, a coin certainly shouldn't cover more than the size of your palm and i cant personally class them as coins.  

A 10kg silver coin is just a near £5,000 ultra fast window exiting device in event of a fire with a fancy emblazoned design on it

maxresdefault.jpg

Rember it is all well and good buying these fancy sizes but always consider your exit strategy when you come to sell