• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

As many on here know, I'm not a fan of coloured coins in any shape or form. In fact I think them tacky at best.

BUT................there is a coin out there because of the subject matter, I've had my eye since I first saw it about a year ago. I was never going to pay a lot for it and if it came up for a price I was happy with, i'd buy it. Just because I want it. (Curse you forum coin collector clique for reawakening by destructive collector gene)

And last night I spotted an overnight auction and I'm glad to say I woke up this morning to be the new owner of it.

It wont be to everyone's taste, but I love old engravings and pictures of animals, especially of newly discovered animals, with all the pictures flaws and inaccuracies. (It's the reason I will definitely be getting the 2013 RAM kangaroo, with the image based on the George Stubbs painting, at some time)

So here it is the Cook Island 2013 silver coin with Albrecht Dürer's wood engraving of an Indian Rhino

10055_eecaf4f7.jpg

The Kookaburras again - all 1 oz bullion. 1991, 2008 and 2011. Ranging from $30 to $60. From US and UK sellers, picking my way through the auctions. Not good for the cost/oz average, but what the heck....

You must be close now buddy?

Stacker since 2013

You must be close now buddy?

Getting there Danny! Took care of another batch since then - 1990, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013. All same US seller. 1990 inaugural was most expensive, no surprise there. Needed over £44 to get that one on board.

Still over 10 to get, if I can "do the math" as they say. No rest until it's completed!! Not sure what I will do once it is - find a box or a case I guess for them...

Getting there Danny! Took care of another batch since then - 1990, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013. All same US seller. 1990 inaugural was most expensive, no surprise there. Needed over £44 to get that one on board.

Still over 10 to get, if I can "do the math" as they say. No rest until it's completed!! Not sure what I will do once it is - find a box or a case I guess for them...

A case is easily done unless you have square caps.

All my first 10 are square cap, and there isn't a decent case to fit them.

Stacker since 2013

Yeah. I don't have many of them in hand yet, but some are indeed in the squares. Is it a crime to drag them out of those and drop them into caps? Would that really impact their value down the line? Depends if I am ever going to sell them I guess. Not really planning to sell these to be honest, that is what tubes of Eagles and Maples are for !! Sorry - going off topic..

Any sites for cases Danny?

Today I bought a 1904 sovereign, my first sovereign and largest gold coin so far.

Can't wait to get it through the post. It'll be a nice change to have some metal I can actually touch!!!

I have been at home all day today and see this coin i wish i had the money i would of had it,well done Dan.

Today I bought a 1904 sovereign, my first sovereign and largest gold coin so far.

Can't wait to get it through the post. It'll be a nice change to have some metal I can actually touch!!!

Brilliant - welcome to the sovereign club Danny! Now - did you already get into the Mintmark business? Is your 1904 a London or from another mint? Part of the sovereign joys....

Sorry to be predictable - but a few more of the 1 oz Kookaburras - the 93, 2000, 2003, 2004.

Still eight to get - might ask for some swaps to close out the last ones! I will need that case soon...

Then I am wondering like. Cully to start on the 2 oz run!!!

Of those 1 oz picks today - I like the 2000 design the best.

Edited by Lindeman

Brilliant - welcome to the sovereign club Danny! Now - did you already get into the Mintmark business? Is your 1904 a London or from another mint? Part of the sovereign joys....

Thanks buddy.

Not a clue on mint, but if it wasn't London then I think the seller would have mentioned it.

We shall see.

Stacker since 2013

Bought a 1oz 2015 domed cricket coin for my brother, will be holding on to it for a while, but he loves cricket and I think he will appreciate it when his birthday comes. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Couple of this weeks buys but I won't see one of them for 3 weeks as they will be delivered in the USA.

a7833ea6ed17c9d859aa64483053b5f2.jpg

43dbb60b4df1bac839b28d2b2bebf8c3.jpg

2008-w 1/10 age burnished and only 12000 mintage so rare by age standards

9920a84f0960a3b5dbc60d8525dc1f5e.jpg

067ce16b721fc5fe2e34f6492ff62ffe.jpg

Not a rare coin and I paid a premium as the condition looks to be great.