• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Just shelled out £171.90 for 10 x RM Lunar Horses from The Bullion Centre. I know its a couple of quid more than Bairds, but I can't be arsed with the antiquated payment rigmarole they put you through at Bairds. (part payment by card, part by bank transfer). If they can't be bothered to move into the 21st century, and allow full payment either by card OR by bank transfer, then I'm not going to give them any of my business.

Any way rant over. I think these lunars are going to steadily rise in price, so I'm going to pick them up wherever I can. I've now got 22 of them, and will get more next time I have a bit of cash.

It's a strange world where buying a silver coin in the UK works out 25% cheaper than buying from STG. Usually it's the other way round.......... :D  

They sure are stunning looking coins and I have a feeling they may become some of my favs when I receive them, Bet the set of 16 looks amazing!! :)

the ones I bought were the emus, the frilled neck lizard, festival of the dreaming and a sea of change.

The frilled necked lizard along with the roo & platypus seem to make the most at auction.When you get them lets have a photo. :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

The frilled necked lizard along with the roo & platypus seem to make the most at auction.When you get them lets have a photo. :)

Will do :) I gave the guy special packing instructions and paid an extra couple of quid to get them sent in a box not a padded envelope lol, 

Just shelled out £171.90 for 10 x RM Lunar Horses from The Bullion Centre. I know its a couple of quid more than Bairds, but I can't be arsed with the antiquated payment rigmarole they put you through at Bairds. (part payment by card, part by bank transfer). If they can't be bothered to move into the 21st century, and allow full payment either by card OR by bank transfer, then I'm not going to give them any of my business.

Any way rant over. I think these lunars are going to steadily rise in price, so I'm going to pick them up wherever I can. I've now got 22 of them, and will get more next time I have a bit of cash.

It's a strange world where buying a silver coin in the UK works out 25% cheaper than buying from STG. Usually it's the other way round.......... :D  

I have one of these and I am now wishing I had purchased more. They are already starting to gain a little now they are no longer being minted. Good purchase. I think we found something else to agree on! lol ;)

I got itchy fingers this morning  and made a purchase of some SBSS products  having  bought two each of the : 

1 oz 2014 Don't Tread on Me Silver Proof-like

1 oz 2014 Standing Freedom Silver Proof-like

1 oz 2014 Liberty or Death Silver Proof-like Round

1 oz 2013 Sic Semper Tyrannis Silver Proof-like Round (Mintage 3250)

1 oz 2013 Argyraspides Silver Proof-like Round (Mintage 2850)

I realize that they made go the way of the various "Art Rounds" in the future, in terms of losing their current numismatic premium, but I like them.

I don't like many of their other rounds (ie Bankster) which appear cartoonish to me.

In any event, silver only needs to go to $44/oz CDN for me to "break-even" on the all-in cost (S+H and Paypal fees), and I am certain that I will be keeping at least one of each of the two , for the  longterm .

By the way, I came across this video by Chris Duane this a.m.

Note: Video is essentially a sales pitch for his products, but it seems to have worked on me.. 

Cheers, Luker

post-207-0-28483100-1412915720.jpg

post-207-0-99158500-1412915761.jpg

post-207-0-58463800-1412915810.jpg

post-207-0-80558500-1412915832.png

post-207-0-40940700-1412915855.jpg

Edited by Luker2

2014 NIUE (New Zealand Mint) 1 oz Silver Proof Black Rhinocerous  (Mintage 2000) from SilverTowne.

Pretty stoked myself to receive  after having come across an  unboxing video, the link to which I am unable to post today for some reason.( Just type into GOOGLE: black rhinocerous unboxing, and it should be the first thing that pops up (video by Angel SilverFourtySeven fast-forward to ~03:15). It actually comes in a very cool "crate" as a box, with magnets attaching the lid 

Cheers,

Luker

post-207-0-93701000-1413040514.jpg

post-207-0-04940500-1413126160.png

Edited by Luker2

2014 NIUE (New Zealand Mint) 1 oz Silver Proof Black Rhinocerous  (Mintage 2000) from SilverTowne.

Pretty stoked myself to receive  after having come across an  unboxing video (the link to which I am unable to post today for some reason)

Cheers,

Luker

very nice design on this coin :)

loving the reflection the water pool