• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Music legends

1 hour ago, FunkyChicken said:

And the 1 oz gold version is sold out now. And I'm not sure what to think of the prices of the quarter ounce gold and 1 oz silver versions, and whether those will hold their value...

Seem to be some one ounce gold available now 

Edited by NewCoins

5 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Best one out the lot is the silver coloured...That design is the WHO I remember, the gold doesn't do it for me..didnt bother going for it...I heard there was supposed to be 12 different coins??????

Products coming soon:

• The Who UK 2020 2oz Silver Proof Coin – 550 available
  • The Who UK 2020 5oz Silver Proof Coin – 500 available
  • The Who UK 2020 2oz Gold Proof Coin – 150 available
  • The Who UK 2020 5oz Gold Proof Coin – 64 available
  • The Who UK 2020 Gold Proof Kilo Coin – 12 available

41 minutes ago, Praetorian said:

Products coming soon:

The coin connection had 2oz Silver for sale this morning... I know I got one 🙂

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I would have preferred a bigger silver. How can cc sell them but RM don't? Is it a pre order ?

It didn't say so... or I didn't notice it... but quite possibly it was... Very strange it doesn't even show on their site anymore

Edited by Rll1288

34 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

It didn't say so... or I didn't notice it... but quite possibly it was... Very strange it doesn't even show on their site anymore

There’s plenty of shenanigans going on with coin sizes and who (excuse the pun) the RM decides to sell the coins to. 

OK, I've got the Who 1/4 ounce gold coin. As a newbie, can j ask, what are peoples feelings on that retaining its value (give it to me warts and all) even if spot starts tanking? 

46 minutes ago, leotsend said:

OK, I've got the Who 1/4 ounce gold coin. As a newbie, can j ask, what are peoples feelings on that retaining its value (give it to me warts and all) even if spot starts tanking? 

The larger golds have done well in auctions that I have seen.

2 hours ago, Praetorian said:

Products coming soon:

I've got to say, I'm getting totally confused by all the varieties (not just of this release) that the Royal Mint is producing.

It looks as if the most desirable varieties of today's coins were held back for later!

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I've got to say, I'm getting totally confused by all the varieties (not just of this release) that the Royal Mint is producing.

It looks as if the most desirable varieties of today's coins were held back for later!

I am sure it's financially driven one way or another. Maybe they feel they can sell more of today's, with the later tranche being pretty much a guaranteed sell out.

I am one for simplicity and transparency. Its going to lose customers if they keep holding varieties back like the 2oz silver completer which still hasn't appeared direct as far as I am aware

6 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I am sure it's financially driven one way or another. Maybe they feel they can sell more of today's, with the later tranche being pretty much a guaranteed sell out.

I am one for simplicity and transparency. Its going to lose customers if they keep holding varieties back like the 2oz silver completer which still hasn't appeared direct as far as I am aware

The 2 OZ Completer was a LPM exclusive and the RM offered only 100 coins. I don't think we will see a new offer again at the RM

11 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I don't believe the Royal Mint ever sold any direct. I am still hopeful, perhaps wrongfully they will at some point. Time will tell.

You could register your interest on issue day

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

I wasn't lucky at the RM, but i bought from LPM

I've never been able to use the register interest button either..I just saw the link above for the 2oz,5oz,10oz silver completer coin...never seen it on the Royal mint direct so thanks for that...although all sold now lol..I personally believe the majority of these coins are already sold to their "Special clients" and we get the leftovers...... just my thoughts!!

Where and wats the mintage...just for info...???I'm not interested in these coins..just like the music legends....some have done well ,the higher end editions in gold mainly if you can achieve a graded PF70..But I still see people trying to sell the Queen/Elton and Bowie coinsafter there initial releases  with know takers.......For me the only type of precious metals worth collecting with possible increase in value is basically Gold n Silver bullion coins..affordable and liquid...you can sell these any day and any time..but as I see it these music legends series are nice but depreciate after a couple of months after purchasing unless you flip the within a few days to the collectors with "FOMO"...But not for me....to much hype with little return...e.g the who silver coins released today for £95 being flipped for £30 more on ebay...for me that's just a waste of time..taking off ebay and PayPal fees....is it really worth it???? But only my opinion....not saying don't do it..just not my thing....

• 1 year later...