• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB Completer - 1oz Gold Bullion - Thoughts?

dicker

It says awaiting stock in the RM for the gold bullion. Are they going to produce more? If they dont then it is a record for a bullion coin to be sold out this early after issue.  I think “no longer available” means no more production? 

13 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

I wish I had bought the 1oz gold bullion last week before the surge in gold price 😲 😱 😂

13 hours ago, Bruce06 said:

Me2😭😅

Me three. 😭

I bought the 1oz Silver proof and it’s stunning. Now I’m emptying my piggy bank for the 1oz bullion. 😂

Except after my recent purcashes it looks more like this piggy bank....

184FAFA2-E846-4B95-B822-992023FBEB5B.jpeg

On 02/05/2021 at 21:02, Midasfrog said:

I wonder if the 1oz bullion gold will have a limited mintage run ? I like the design on the bullion and will be picking one up from Atkinsons , cheaper, free postage and a much better service than using the Royal Mint .

Not my experience.
Sometimes the RM is marginally cheaper and delivery is free as well.
Service from the RM has been excellent ( 48 hour typical delivery ) of late whereas Atkinsons have been slow ( 2 weeks ) but not complaining.
My dislike of using the RM is that when you go to checkout they need you to prepay and until the transaction has gone through the price has fluctuated so you have to send them more cash than the coin costs otherwise if you are short you have to repeat the process. End result is you have a few quid sitting in their bank and I don't know how easy it would be to get it refunded later.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Not my experience.
Sometimes the RM is marginally cheaper and delivery is free as well.
Service from the RM has been excellent ( 48 hour typical delivery ) of late whereas Atkinsons have been slow ( 2 weeks ) but not complaining.
My dislike of using the RM is that when you go to checkout they need you to prepay and until the transaction has gone through the price has fluctuated so you have to send them more cash than the coin costs otherwise if you are short you have to repeat the process. End result is you have a few quid sitting in their bank and I don't know how easy it would be to get it refunded later.

If you wait a few days you should be able to withdraw it 

Regarding the RM's ordering process for bullion coins - it's still a real pain in the behind, though - and not one that the other online dealers put you through.  I choose to buy from other dealers unless the RM is the only place that I can find the item that I want in the UK at that time.