• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB Completer - 1oz Gold Bullion - Thoughts?

dicker

Love it, bought it - want more of it but cannot afford more 🙂

Sorry, my inner magpie took over then!

Its a great coin, perfect for those late to the game who cannot go and backdate everything. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I ordered one from Atkinsons who were slightly cheaper than the RM direct and I avoided this nonsense of adding cash to your account before ordering.
Atkinsons also accept credit cards with no extra costs so defers the pain by a month or thereabouts.
Hope to see it in a week

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

RM direct and I avoided this nonsense of adding cash to your account before ordering.

Is this new from the RM, now having to load cash into an account before you buy proof coins (or bullion) or can you still use cards?

Edited by GoldenGriffin

2 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Is this new from the RM, now having to load cash into an account before you buy proof coins (or bullion) or can you still use cards?

I hate it, Why they are going down some trading root I am not sure. 

I've just read the payment section, you only need to load up for bullion purchases, not collectable coins, where they do accept credit cards.

Is a bit strange to load up for bullion or use debit card but for collectable coins you don't need to.

Thought they'd changed their position and thought I had to start selling my bullion to load up my account for the next release 😅

Edited by GoldenGriffin

The proofs were cool but I don't know how I feel about spending £90 on something which will probably spot. Its not like the RM has good quality control so its a gamble on something which might go down instead of up in value. I wanted to get the 1oz proof but I just couldn't do it bearing this in mind.

I wish they'd make silver bullion versions to go alongside the bullion gold. I would've liked ¼oz but I'm guessing the design would've been lost. I'll be saving up and getting it from atkinsons as its cheaper and its a nice coin to get if you didn't manage to get the entire series 

I wonder if the 1oz bullion gold will have a limited mintage run ? I like the design on the bullion and will be picking one up from Atkinsons , cheaper, free postage and a much better service than using the Royal Mint .

The 1oz gold bullion is a very safe bet, and I can see them changing hands for 30% premiums like other QB soon.  

Snatched a 5oz gold, and waiting for a 1oz gold to be delivered.

What was a genius move by the Royal Mint was to send the launch email out around 9:15am-9:30am on the morning of the release once everything had sold out.  Gave me a right laugh! 

38 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 1oz gold bullion is a very safe bet, and I can see them changing hands for 30% premiums like other QB soon.  

Snatched a 5oz gold, and waiting for a 1oz gold to be delivered.

What was a genius move by the Royal Mint was to send the launch email out around 9:15am-9:30am on the morning of the release once everything had sold out.  Gave me a right laugh! 

I suspect the Mints incompetence in this respect isn't deliberate.

I generally get emails 10s of minutes sometimes hours after something has gone on sale.

Their IT doesn't seem to be the best generally. I just think it takes them a long time to email everyone after 9am. Although it probably isn't unreasonable for them to do it the night before.

On the flip side its probably better that everyone isn't swamping the site at the same time.

I knew something was going on sale that day, I thought it was the Royal Albert Hall domed coin. It was only on here the night before someone suggested what it actually was.

I've also got a 1 oz gold bullion coin on order.  I'm not interested in collecting the proofs and was never going to be able to join the bunfight for them on initial release.

There will be a 10 oz silver bullion coin version, that will be a beauty I reckon and I'll definitely be ordering one of those once it's released.  And if I can justify it, the forthcoming 1 oz platinum version as well.

8 hours ago, Touvex said:

did you get yours? both my orders came through and will pick it up tomorrow.

Yes got mine yesterday but it’s got some damage and not sure if I can get it replaced. Or should just keep it. It’s like someone pokes it with a pin. 

DFE0D1C5-331A-4F23-B6E2-48E721A00D19.jpeg

A6BBCB1E-3D03-4B27-9DE7-40B9FC687720.jpeg

1 hour ago, LolRasta said:

Yes got mine yesterday but it’s got some damage and not sure if I can get it replaced. Or should just keep it. It’s like someone pokes it with a pin. 

DFE0D1C5-331A-4F23-B6E2-48E721A00D19.jpeg

A6BBCB1E-3D03-4B27-9DE7-40B9FC687720.jpeg

Its a stunning coin 👍 I would class that mark as an acceptable striking imperfection it could still easily achieve a 70 if it was graded. 

@LolRasta

You might be able to get the mint to remint that - I believe it happened for some of the gold 3 graces that had issues. Might be worth talking with them and seeing.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion