• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Worth It?

Wannapop

Hey guys,

I'm new to stacking and just wanted to ask if it’s worth getting silver from the Royal mint that are made in limited amounts even with the current high premiums? I would I just be loosing money from it?

thanks! 

1 hour ago, Wannapop said:

Hey guys,

I'm new to stacking and just wanted to ask if it’s worth getting silver from the Royal mint that are made in limited amounts even with the current high premiums? I would I just be loosing money from it?

thanks! 

I'm new myself and finding the mints far to expensive, European mint has good prices same as silver to go

47 minutes ago, arcticfox said:

I'm new myself and finding the mints far to expensive, European mint has good prices same as silver to go

Don't forget the vat, and delivery company admin charges if outside the uk :)

B

You have to shop around for the best deals.
The RM was last on my call list but I did buy Una/ Lion bars this week because no-one else was offering a better price.
Remember to add 20% VAT to most site prices and also note that the headline price "From" usually means 500+ coins
Your cheapest source for popular bullion is this Forum so place a Wanted in the Trade section.

3 hours ago, arcticfox said:

Before Brexit those two places were my go to... now you have to add on VAT at 20% plus some couriers add a small charge. For bullion TSF is your best bet as you will get better prices then RM (although I do buy stuff from them, mostly proof items). On gold you can still get items from Europe as investment gold is VAT free

Prior to Brexit I bought quite a lot of my silver and gold from Goldsilver.be, but haven’t bought anything since the December.

If I was to buy gold from them again would I incur any additional charges?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

The RM was last on my call list but I did buy Una/ Lion bars this week because no-one else was offering a better price.
Remember to add 20% VAT to most site prices and also note that the headline price "From" usually means 500+ coins
Your cheapest source for popular bullion is this Forum so place a Wanted in the Trade section.

The Una bars is exactly what I was looking at too, I guess I might just have to go with RM then! 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

I also got the Una & lion bar, even though the high premium 60% I think.
Stacking it long term for recouping on watever % of  premium

2 minutes ago, Drawga said:

That’s what I would like to think too!!

3 hours ago, Drawga said:

Yes - relatively expensive for stacking silver.
I paid just over £361 for mine before silver dropped since.
Two nights in a hotel but who's getting out these days ?
Premium before VAT 53% in my calculation but not an outrageous price for a limited edition brand new "collectible" minted bar.
People are paying well over £30 per ounce + shipping for used regular bullion and I've seen 1 oz bullion coins on eBay get close to £40 delivered.

If you’re stacking stick to second hand bullion. 

stay away from rip off “premium coins” like all these “Una and the lion” coins. Stay away from anything like that as your paying a premium for something you won’t get back.

however if you’re collecting coins to keep or flip - look no further than the mint. 

It is mis leading to think only of the premium on Bullion.

I have just bought some Una silver 1oz bars from the RM at £34 each, massive premium.

But they are achieving £40+ on ebay 

Also they are limited edition

23 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

It is mis leading to think only of the premium on Bullion.

I have just bought some Una silver 1oz bars from the RM at £34 each, massive premium.

But they are achieving £40+ on ebay 

Also they are limited edition

That’s what I mean, it’s hard to know what to go by if you focus on the premiums a lot 

Archived