• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tombstone Nuggets, Anyone Interested In a Group Order?

SilverJacks

I recently contacted Scottsdale Mint with a view to making an order for Tombstone bars as I have found them quite hard to come by in U.K. Unfortunately, due to excessive demand, they have put a 100 oz minimum on international orders for silver. 

Exchange rate is decent right now at $1.40. 5oz bars works out roughly £130 including delivery, 10oz bars around £253 mark. Unfortunately, that's excluding VAT charges.

Their dispatch times were a little vague - usually 1-2 weeks but in busy times could be as much as 4-6 weeks (a little off putting). Could always ask for a more specific ETA...

With that said, is this worthy of the effort and would it gather enough interest to merit a group order? And if so, would a more established member be willing to set this up? Having spoken to Scottsdale, I think it would be quite straightforward in placing an order but understand I haven't earned my stripes amongst the forum to do it myself.

Food for thought, anyone's opinion is most welcome

22 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

I'd possibly be interested in the 1oz and a 10oz to complete the set 🤔 

I didn't see a 1oz listed but I did notice a 1kg... Would be 35 oz towards the requirement if anyone's interested 🙃

Depending on when you get the order together I’d be interested. I’ve been fancying some 10oz Scottsdale stacker bars but spent my feb budget on a qb proof and some Superman maples haha. If it’s March then I’ll have room in my budget for 2x 10oz bars 🙂

2 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

Got the 32oz and the 5

Screenshot_20210224_182408_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ah the yellow ones 🤩. I'm not sure where we would stand with the requirements if you were to throw that fancy coloured one in the mix 😂

4 minutes ago, Elliefran said:

Depending on when you get the order together I’d be interested. I’ve been fancying some 10oz Scottsdale stacker bars but spent my feb budget on a qb proof and some Superman maples haha. If it’s March then I’ll have room in my budget for 2x 10oz bars 🙂

Nice choices there. Well there's no rush. We could all see how things pan out and take it from there... Hopefully exchange rate and spot price could be kind to us in the meantime

Sorry to disappoint all but the logistics of sorting out VAT and all that jazz puts me off organising these kind of orders. 

Good luck if you want to give it a go!

BYB

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Sorry to disappoint all but the logistics of sorting out VAT and all that jazz puts me off organising these kind of orders. 

Good luck if you want to give it a go!

BYB

Fair one BYB. Maybe the VAT issue could potentially throw a curve ball? I have no experience of how it works or is applied.

Oh well, was a nice thought anyway

I spent all my likes earlier on peoples 3g dispatch confirmations lol, so thanks guys for your thoughts and opinions

9 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Fair one BYB. Maybe the VAT issue could potentially throw a curve ball? I have no experience of how it works or is applied.

Oh well, was a nice thought anyway

I spent all my likes earlier on peoples 3g dispatch confirmations lol, so thanks guys for your thoughts and opinions

Well, it's just another admin step to organize and calculate and collect payment for. 

I really don't know enough about import VAT to accurately know and tell people what to expect and how to anticipate issues.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

22 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well, it's just another admin step to organize and calculate and collect payment for. 

I really don't know enough about import VAT to accurately know and tell people what to expect and how to anticipate issues.

Heres a good video if you want to get up to speed on buying silver and vat changes

1 hour ago, silvernewbie said:

Heres a good video if you want to get up to speed on buying silver and vat changes

Seen it. Good shout though @silvernewbie much appreciated.

I haven't thrown the towel in just yet. Contacted FedEx and UPS to see if they can shed some light on VAT/import charges. Scottsdale didn't offer much info other than those are their two couriers...

• 2 months later...