• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Little Miss & The Mr Men - Damb Squib

Paul

48 minutes ago, JosephM said:

Decent low mintage for a 1/4oz gold as well. 

I looked at that one this morning and thought £600-ish for that was insane.

I just get the impression that they're trying to appeal to adults who have fond memories of the Mr Men books from their childhood and will buy the expensive gold coins to add to their coin collection on that basis.

I think the reality is the market is more like gifts a parent will give to their children and the expensive gold 1oz doesn't fit too well into that market. A 50p version of the coin would be much better for that purpose.

I have not bought any of these but have a feeling that in a few years they will be exchanging hands for obscene money. Especially the 1/4's.

I have just spent the best part of 2oz of gold on a piece of wood (my wife sanctioned this so all is well) my spending is therefore limited at the moment....

10 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

How I feel atm ! I got a 1/4 gold 

they are still in stock 3days later 

Not at all. I think it is still a good investment.

I wonder how many people are waiting for the Three Graces - once that has passed, I think a lot of disappointed people with a lot of money to spare will be buying into other things. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, LukeStacker said:

Even in the future I don't see these as a good buy, no one is really interested and it hasn't captured people. When the silver and gold are still available after 24 hours it's not a good sign. 

I reckon they should've released these as regular bullion. I'd be all over them 

Mr Bump, Mr Tickle and Miss Sunshine (good gold link to the sun 🌞) would have been my preference out of the 8 assumed characters, but I didn't buy purely due to the design and wasn't what I imagined, but hey, that's my taste.

I'm sure there'll be interest out there.

I think there should have been only 1 character on the coin, located more in the centre, made more prominent on the coin and be able to see the whole character.

I think the Mr Men text should have been smaller and all text running close to the edge of the coin. 

The dots around the edge of the coin is a little distracting and wouldn't have been necessary, if the character was made to be the true essence of the coins design.

Could have added some lines around the characters to similate movement.

And could have removed the hills and clouds.

Mr Disappointed 😞😥

Archived