• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help a Newbie!

Espana123

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Many people buy from Mints, possibly thinking that direct will be cheaper, or safer; it's rather like the old adage "Nobody Gets Fired For Buying IBM".

You may think as a dealer, I would push the meltdown, tits up mantra, but I don't like to add to the hysteria.

Talking of "tits up":

Old Pennies and Hazel

This is Hazel Rose sitting on her assets!

I didn't know she was one of your staff! 🤣🤣🤣

You dont half get your staff to count the coins in a peculiar manner! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

I didn't know she was one of your staff! 🤣🤣🤣

You dont half get your staff to count the coins in a peculiar manner! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unfortunately, she is not one of our staff, we can't afford her.

She is however a local model, and a very nice girl.

She laughed when I mentioned we had to do a body search on the way out (probably thought I was joking).

Chards

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Unfortunately, she is not one of our staff, we can't afford her.

She is however a local model, and a very nice girl.

She laughed when I mentioned we had to do a body search on the way out (probably thought I was joking).

Cheers @LawrenceChard - I am now struggling to reply because - - > > Chris Evans Laughing GIF by mtv

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Many people buy from Mints, possibly thinking that direct will be cheaper, or safer; it's rather like the old adage "Nobody Gets Fired For Buying IBM".

You may think as a dealer, I would push the meltdown, tits up mantra, but I don't like to add to the hysteria.

Talking of "tits up":

Old Pennies and Hazel

This is Hazel Rose sitting on her assets!

@LawrenceChardCan I get a hazel thrown with my next silver purchase? I'd love to get a better view of said assets 😂😂😂🤣🤣😂

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I could have a word with her if you upgraded to a gold monster box.

Her fiance might not be too impressed, though.

I'm a silver bug me. How about a blow doll up version in deal? I can let her down gently like my previous girlfriends and they all came in boxes due to fact that I have a face made for radio!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I'm a silver bug me. How about a blow doll up version in deal? I can let her down gently like my previous girlfriends and they all came in boxes due to fact that I have a face made for radio!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, no blow jobs!

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Sorry, no blow jobs!

That's a shame I even have my puncture repair kit!

On 30/06/2020 at 08:02, Espana123 said:

Haha thanks both, yes makes sense. The world is clearly going tits up ahead and with hindsight the vault isn't a great idea. Physical it is.

Any tips on where to purchase from online? I know there's dealers on here so i'll look into that too

Do be aware that some dealers vary in the quality / grade of coins they sell.

For example, we just photographed some sovereigns we bought from a trusted, reputable, European dealer:

Damaged or Defective Gold Sovereigns Received from Major European Bullion Dealer - 8 Worst - Worst Sides

The actual coins look, and are, worse they they appear in the photos.

The same dealer rejected about 20% of a batch of Krugerrands we sold them a few years, despite all being normal and acceptable in my opinion, although we did agree a deal on the "rejects" at just 0.1% premium below the "good" ones. Knowing this makes it all the more surprising that their standards on sovereigns are so much lower.

Chards

6 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

That's a shame I even have my puncture repair kit!

This thread is getting a bit sexist and politically incorrect. I hope @Chris doesn't close it down.

On a serious note, does anyone know how many or the 10,000+ members are female?

I won't ask about LGBTQ.

Chards

8 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This thread is getting a bit sexist and politically incorrect. I hope @Chris doesn't close it down.

I won't ask about LGBTQ.

Good question! 👍

@ChrisSilver ???????????

• Founder & Administrator
43 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I won't ask about LGBTQ.

Yes there are some questionable posts, including your one here: https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/34662-help-a-newbie/?do=findComment&comment=399286

Though the majority of members are male, there are a lot of female members. And we ask all members to be polite and respectful to all members and to show decorum. 

Please also remember that public posts are public, some jokes may be best kept to private messages as to not offend others. 

Also to note the member with the name Chris is not me and not affiliated with the forum, they are just a member who has used that name. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

21 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Yes there are some questionable posts, including your one here: https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/34662-help-a-newbie/?do=findComment&comment=399286

Though the majority of members are male, there are a lot of female members. And we ask all members to be polite and respectful to all members and to show decorum. 

Also to note the member with the name Chris is not me and not affiliated with the forum, they are just a member who has used that name. 

Thanks, if anything I post does stray too far, I won't take offence if it is removed or censored, and I do remain aware that not everyone has the same sense of humour, tolerance, or latitude that I have. Historically, most of our staff have been female, and we happily share jokes, which I would not put in writing, and that my wife frowns on, but they are aware that they get treated with respect.

Thanks for the correction on your username, I should have known to put a double "ss"!

I had also been wondering if there was anything you could do to increase your female membership numbers, although 50 years ago, the proportion of female coin collectors was about 1%.

Chards

Do be aware that some dealers vary in the quality / grade of coins they sell.

For example, we just photographed some sovereigns we bought from a trusted, reputable, European dealer:

Damaged or Defective Gold Sovereigns Received from Major European Bullion Dealer - 8 Worst - Worst Sides

The actual coins look, and are, worse they they appear in the photos.

The same dealer rejected about 20% of a batch of Krugerrands we sold them a few years, despite all being normal and acceptable in my opinion, although we did agree a deal on the "rejects" at just 0.1% premium below the "good" ones. Knowing this makes it all the more surprising that their standards on sovereigns are so much lower.

As someone new to gold buying (3 months) , and although I like my Britannia perfect, sovs to me are just bullion for storing wealth.

Is there any particular reason not to buy sovs in less than perfect conditions? 

Thanks

I had also been wondering if there was anything you could do to increase your female membership numbers, although 50 years ago, the proportion of female coin collectors was about 1%.

Why does it matter? It's a free choice for anyone, thus including women, to stack or collect PMs - or to not do it.

Why can't we leave it like that but need social engineering programs, even on the silver forum? It's bad enough the Cultural Marxist Western governments have them in place.

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

As we were mentioned in one response, I will add our advice:

It is just one of our many advice pages.
I just noticed it fails to say:
"Our general advice is to buy at the lowest premium within reason."
But that should be added soon.

Thanks for all of your advice, it's been really helpful 

6 hours ago, Roy said:

Where you live and what coins are popular is irrelevant really.

Where you will sell is more important.

If you are buying gold as an insurance, a hedge with potential gains then I'd suggest buying CGT exempt coins and storing them in your home country (UK). You can keep them with family and friends or pay for secure storage. I choose both.

The bulk of my stash is in secure storage. I appreciate the potential risks as mentioned earlier and I'm ok with it. Smaller portions are left with family and friends; these portions are what I'd call the most liquid and can be liquidated if need be without too much trouble or knowledge (HGM etc.). If you need money call a friend, ask them to make a trade and get the cash in your bank account in a short time.

I trust (love) these people and if they need my help, then it's there to use.

I don't recommend travelling with gold in Asia, certainly not the Philippines or Vietnam, I don't know about Thailand. The import limits are low and strictly enforced. If you declare the gold, they will take it and if you don't, they will find it and take it. If you must carry some gold as insurance then buy jewellery and wear it.

Keep your gold in your home country, it may not be perfect but it can be worse. Gold corrupts absolutely.

Me? I use bitcoin 😊

Thanks for this - this is likely the way we'll go forward. It makes the most sense for our situation.  Chards storage is also a good plan for the interim. Will look into this. Cheers

2 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Why does it matter? It's a free choice for anyone, thus including women, to stack or collect PMs - or to not do it.

Why can't we leave it like that but need social engineering programs, even on the silver forum? It's bad enough the Cultural Marxist Western governments have them in place.

I was not trying to social engineer; it simply dawned on me that my only interaction here was all male. Personally I prefer female interaction, but that's another story.🙂

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I was not trying to social engineer; it simply dawned on me that my only interaction here was all male. Personally I prefer female interaction, but that's another story.🙂

I got/get you @LawrenceChard - I too was just interested for exactly same reason - 👍

I do know, I have personally interacted (for the animals - keep it clean 🤨) - with at least 4 known females on the Forum

I also know of several members that have femalesque nomenclature's and have turned out to be male! (what's in a name eh!) 😉🤣

so I reiterate "GOOD QUESTION" !

sorry you got lambasted 😉🤣👍 @LawrenceChard but some do find any bureaucracy  or reference there too winds them up! 😉

1 hour ago, 5huggy said:

sorry you got lambasted 😉🤣👍 @LawrenceChard but some do find any bureaucracy  or reference there too winds them up! 😉

It didn't bother me, we are all different. I don't know about social engineering, but there is too much "political correctness" around, and too many people trying to re-write history. Now we are definitely getting off topic. Any young ladies out there interested in viewing my testoons?

Chards

Archived