• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns just became worthless.......

Becca

So the end is upon us, the world has crashed and we are all sitting on our little tin boxes with huge smiles because we invested in PM rather than stocks or bonds or whatever.

The sovereign however is valueless only good for Tipit.

If this were the case which other coin would/should you of bought. Not because its shiny or because the world loves a panda but because its safe, and why ???

B

In The USA, without a shadow of a doubt, dimes (up to 1964, I believe)

In The UK, silver sixpences (up to 1946)

Three pence - thruppenny bit (up to 1944)

Both government issued, both small denominations. Both contain silver. Both still deeply embedded in culture and the respective national psyches, even the yuuffff 😂

Or, hallmarked cutlery. Selling the family silver.

If for some reason gold had no value in this end times scenario you propose, it is unlikely any coin would have value. 
So what coin would i have in this unlikely scenario?
None.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

25 minutes ago, Oldun said:

In The USA, without a shadow of a doubt, dimes (up to 1964, I believe)

In The UK, silver sixpences (up to 1946)

Three pence - thruppenny bit (up to 1944)

Both government issued, both small denominations. Both contain silver. Both still deeply embedded in culture.

Or, hallmarked cutlery. Selling the family silver.

Really 

But no one will know what they are :)

Both coins are respectively ingrained in the national psyche even now. Sixpences in the Xmas Pudding and at weddings, births etc.Although hallmarked cutlery would probably be better in The UK.

Silver dollars, dimes.....as old as pre USA is. Drilled into their culture.

8 hours ago, Becca said:

So the end is upon us, the world has crashed and we are all sitting on our little tin boxes with huge smiles because we invested in PM rather than stocks or bonds or whatever.

The sovereign however is valueless only good for Tipit.

If this were the case which other coin would/should you of bought. Not because its shiny or because the world loves a panda but because its safe, and why ???

B

Are you having second thoughts about that Harrington & Byrne sov deal? ;)

:)

The question was and still is 

9 hours ago, Becca said:

As @Oldun and the vegetable man spotted

Bitcoin,

but with that being said, if Bitcoin still had value PM would still have value too as we need PM to build the computers that mine the Bitcoin..

Scenario one: The Royal family is brought down in disgrace because it turns out they are a bunch of ritual toddler killing satanists.

I guess Sovereigns would go the same route as gold coins that Nazis minted. I don't know but I assume they have mostly or exclusively only melt value and maybe some rare ones still have numismatic value for numismatics that only care about what they always care about with coins, condition and rarity.

Scenario two: The held back zero point energy technology is unrevealed. Gold can be artificially created already now (CERN) but only a few atoms and with a gigantic usage of energy. With the zero point energy technology, gold can cheaply be produced in the same quantities as copper, now.

Numismatic Sovereigns keep their numismatic value. The same is true for all other numismatic coins - if you want to prepare for this scenario, only buy coins where the metal value plays no role in the total value. Much less liquid than currenlty gold bullion coins but still a way to preserve your wealth.

9 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

The held back zero point energy technology is unrevealed. Gold can be artificially created already now (CERN) but only a few atoms and with a gigantic usage of energy. With the zero point energy technology, gold can cheaply be produced in the same quantities as copper, now.

but if you had invented this technology, would you tell anyone else?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived