• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Wallace & Gromit (50p?)

danmc82

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Having passed on the ‘Gruffalo & Mouse‘ this week, or whatever it was called,  I think I might give this one a go...I suspect this might sell better as more ‘adults’ will be buying this for themselves, as opposed to for the children. A few days to make up my mind...

I just hope the mintage figures are low. If he same as Gruffalo I might give a miss and buy later on.

16 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

I just hope the mintage figures are low. If he same as Gruffalo I might give a miss and buy later on.

my thinking too. If low, i'm probably buying just for the first in series scenario.

I can only imagine what happens when one of the big mints gets a licensing deal for Harry Potter!

1 hour ago, h103efa said:

my thinking too. If low, i'm probably buying just for the first in series scenario.

I can only imagine what happens when one of the big mints gets a licensing deal for Harry Potter!

Let’s hope it’s not the Royal Mint....could you imagine the possibilities! There would be a new 50p every week for years😂!

FWIW... I would guess the WAG gold 50p will have a mintage similar to the Gruffalo at 600. As a first in series I will probably risk adding this one to my collection...just got a feeling this is going to sell quickly....famous last words!

Hmmm...really not sure about this one....expecting the same mintage as the Gruff from the stubborn Mint...wouldn't give any advice to others but I won't even be interested personally in either silver or gold...if I did anything i would get the silver I think...now I am thinking of getting the silver, damn you lot LOL :wacko:

3 hours ago, h103efa said:

I think the mints should be talking to George R Martin. I'd quite like some Lannister gold.

3 hours ago, kimchi said:

Hmmm...really not sure about this one....expecting the same mintage as the Gruff from the stubborn Mint...wouldn't give any advice to others but I won't even be interested personally in either silver or gold...if I did anything i would get the silver I think...now I am thinking of getting the silver, damn you lot LOL :wacko:

Would a mintage of 100 sway you 😁

Same here and ditto with the mintages. I was never a fan of the devilish-looking Gruffalo, so anything else would be an improvement. 

Having seen the pics of the newly released 2020 privy sovereign, it also doesn't really inspire me .... don't know what it is but I'm not a fan yet. I will get one for my date run, of course. But not really impressed.

22 hours ago, danmc82 said:

Would a mintage of 100 sway you 😁

It wouldn't on the gold, but that's just me, I try to buy what I like even if that costs me a flipping profit (never once flipped but understand those who do, why not?). We are all different there :) I am just lazy/not profit driven I guess, I would be torn apart on Dragon's Den 🤣

These are the sort of coins I like to look at, abit different from everything else.

I love Sovereigns, but once you've got so many you dont get the same excitement you do with a new unusual coin.

7 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I want GOLD, not silver, maybe backed by Braavos. 

I don’t have any GOT coins/medals.  But I do have a couple silver coins which the NZ Mint had released for LOTR and The Hobbit.  And I have one of the actual prop gold coins used in Smaug’s hoard (it is not Dwarf gold unfortunately; just fake gold-painted metal made by the hands of Men 😭).

6 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I don’t have any GOT coins/medals.  But I do have a couple silver coins which the NZ Mint had released for LOTR and The Hobbit.  And I have one of the actual prop gold coins used in Smaug’s hoard (it is not Dwarf gold unfortunately; just fake gold-painted metal made by the hands of Men 😭).

Still a nice bit of movie history though. Pretty cool.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

How did you snag that? I thought it was all CGI!

8 hours ago, kimchi said:

How did you snag that? I thought it was all CGI!

Not all of it was CGI. 

I actually have a couple movie props, including a bottle of Dorwinion wine (from the escape scene in Thranduil’s dungeons) with a nice little label inscribed in Elvish and a cute red wax seal.

The coin though is really cool 😎 

I don’t have it with me right now, or I would have shared a pic. 

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Not all of it was CGI. 

I actually have a couple movie props, including a bottle of Dorwinion wine (from the escape scene in Thranduil’s dungeons) with a nice little label inscribed in Elvish and a cute red wax seal.

Did you work on the production?

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Not all of it was CGI. 

Very cool indeed, would like to see a pic one day!

Held off most new issues inc Gruffalo but my fingers are twitching on Wallace issue. Mintage won’t be rock bottom but I will be buying this one and grading it. Maybe a couple and sell one keep one.

One of my old friends was the producer of Chicken Run and I kind of feel it for W&G. Should be popular with those that are in the cash generation 

Archived