• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Wallace & Gromit (50p?)

danmc82

On 29/09/2019 at 21:13, danmc82 said:

Whos had the email? I suppose I'll have to add this to my collection. 

ei.jpg

What coin did you eventually settle for @danmc82 ? The BU?

Added 0 minutes later...

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

What coin did you eventually settle for @danmc82 ? The BU?

I went for the Proof (SIlver) and the BU. Managed to get it slightly Cheaper at the Coin Connection. Only bought one SIlver proof as I know these arnt for Flipping short term. I buy these for their aesthetic qualities 😄

I think the BU will do ok long term as they're not going into circualtion so got a few of them. I still havent received mine yet though. Did you get one yourself?

5 hours ago, danmc82 said:

Did you get one yourself?

Yes, like yourself I bought 1 silver proof which is for my adult daughter as well as just the 2 BU. 1 of the BU will be a gift for a cousin's daughter who collects circulated 50 pences when waitressing part-time (she's at Uni). She'll have a nice surprise when she gets it along with the BU Grufallo 1, both in their presentation packs. She wouldn't pick these up waitressing, that's for sure. I'd like to encourage her with her starter collection and develop her hobby if she wishes. I'll keep the remaining BU as the coin is not going into circulation.

You're right to joke about the aesthetic qualities of the Wallace and Gromit. It gives the appearance of only being silver proof on the obverse whilst having a W+G sticker on the reverse. There's no polished fields on the reverse whatsoever. How on earth do they grade that? Cheers Dan.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

35 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Yes, like yourself I bought 1 silver proof which is for my adult daughter as well as just the 2 BU. 1 of the BU will be a gift for a cousin's daughter who collects circulated 50 pences when waitressing part-time (she's at Uni). She'll have a nice surprise when she gets it along with the BU Grufallo 1, both in their presentation packs. She wouldn't pick these up waitressing, that's for sure. I'd like to encourage her with her starter collection and develop her hobby if she wishes. I'll keep the remaining BU as the coin is not going into circulation.

You're right to joke about the aesthetic qualities of the Wallace and Gromit. It gives the appearance of only being silver proof on the obverse whilst having a W+G sticker on the reverse. There's no polished fields on the reverse whatsoever. How on earth do they grade that? Cheers Dan.

Its good to hear you have a few in the family that collect coins. Even if only BU at the moment.

Grading is something I wont/dont bother with unless Silver Panda's. I like coins in their original packaging if possible.

Bring on the Sowman 2.

1 minute ago, AurumArgenti said:

I received my W & G coin's today and I'm well chuffed with them. 👌 Nice packaging and great design of the gold coin in particular.👍

Where did you order from? I'm still waiting for mine.

Just now, AurumArgenti said:

There should be a tracking number in the email?

No tracking number, just an order number. Cant remember ever seeing a tracking number from CC. Maybe I didnt spend enough 😁

Just now, AurumArgenti said:

Mind you, my coin's were delivered by gold carriage Drawn by unicorns. 😂

Wow, you must have spent over 150 quid to get that 😂

Mine will arrive, tied to an infected rats tail.

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 22:02, AurumArgenti said:

Ouch...😟 A gold Wallace and gromet 50p just sold for £805 on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F324006694499

If the seller honours the sale, which is another matter completely. Many seller's just ignore the payment and messages and let PayPal refund the buyer.

Unless the Seller managed to buy at discount so they may have even made a profit.

I'd be pretty annoyed though if I was the buyer and the seller didnt honour the sale. I've seen plenty of that over the years.

It was just speculation on my part and probably unfair. I wouldn't sell my gold W&G for that price that's for sure. I guess that's the chance you take on a auction setting.

It just goes to show the 50p market is over saturated at the minute. 

Personally I really like the W&G coins and hopefully in a year or two the market will bounce back if the Royal mint backs off with the 50ps for a bit.

£980 for a gold  is the very upper limit unless there's a rise in the spot price.

1 hour ago, AurumArgenti said:

It was just speculation on my part and probably unfair. I wouldn't sell my gold W&G for that price that's for sure. I guess that's the chance you take on a auction setting.

It just goes to show the 50p market is over saturated at the minute. 

Personally I really like the W&G coins and hopefully in a year or two the market will bounce back if the Royal mint backs off with the 50ps for a bit.

£980 for a gold  is the very upper limit unless there's a rise in the spot price.

Agreed, I also like the W&G design, although I didnt get the Gold, just the Silver.

You'd like to think, in 5-10 years theres a profit to be had on both metal varities.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived