• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member From UK!

Coolrico

Just now, SILVERFINGER said:

Well its a far safer starting out by buying on here than from ebay, especially if you are new to it, plus you will save a fortune and get help and knowledge.

Cheers guys!

That's why i'm here, fancy my chances a lot more on here than on the cowboy land that is ebay :)

Hi Guys,

Being new to stacking/collecting (only own a few ounces currently) i'm looking for a decent set to start collecting preferably one that doesn't come with a ridiculously high premium. 

I've noticed a lot of people are colelcting the Queens Beasts series, are these still viable to start collecting now ie trying to track down the older already released coins or are the premiums to much on these?

Any other sets worth while looking into?

Thanks in advance :)

Only collect something you really like the look of, that way if it does lose value and you are stuck with it, it does not matter so much, if you collect sets then you are bound to them until they end  regardless of whether you like all the coins in the series or not, do you have any personal hobbies or interests, for me it would be militaria, prehistoric animals and sharks, or if not coins, do what I am doing and collect all of a manufacturers silver bars that you like, I am after Baird & Co's cast bars next, if you look for a series that has already been out a while you are going to possibly be paying a premium on the previous released coins in the series.

34 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Only collect something you really like the look of, that way if it does lose value and you are stuck with it, it does not matter so much, if you collect sets then you are bound to them until they end  regardless of whether you like all the coins in the series or not, do you have any personal hobbies or interests, for me it would be militaria, prehistoric animals and sharks, or if not coins, do what I am doing and collect all of a manufacturers silver bars that you like, I am after Baird & Co's cast bars next, if you look for a series that has already been out a while you are going to possibly be paying a premium on the previous released coins in the series.

Great answer, much appreciated.

Thats what i thought with the queens beasts series will probably cost me a high premium to go back and collect the missed coins.

I am interested in pirates which funnily enough is how i got interested in silver! I bought the Perth Mint Black Flag series Queen Anne's Revenge (profile pic) and fell in love when it got delivered so that is one series i shall be following other interest are dinosaurs and mythology and generally anything that looks good lol. any series you know of related to these?

In regards to bars i do really like the look of the geiger square silver bars as they seem to have great detail on them and just a strange appeal about them.

The South African Dinosaur series that has just come out are totally stonking, they are proof like and really well made on the back and the front, I wasn't interested at first because they came on a card, BUT they are in a capsule and are just clipped into the card so you can take it off and save the card somewhere safe if you wanted to display the coin elsewhere, the series is a first in silver, and the second coin has only just been released, the first is still available, there is a small premium on this series, but the quality and design make it worth it, Martins pics of it don't do the detail justice.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2019-south-african-archosauria-dinosaurs-series-1oz-silver-bullion-coin/

Here is the next release with some much sharper pictures

https://agaunews.com/south-africas-rise-of-the-dinosaurs-silver-bullion-series-adds-a-second-design/

15 minutes ago, TheRegalOne said:

Welcome to TSF! :)

25 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

Hi and welcome to the forum from Sweden

Thanks guys :) 

24 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

The South African Dinosaur series that has just come out are totally stonking, they are proof like and really well made on the back and the front, I wasn't interested at first because they came on a card, BUT they are in a capsule and are just clipped into the card so you can take it off and save the card somewhere safe if you wanted to display the coin elsewhere, the series is a first in silver, and the second coin has only just been released, the first is still available, there is a small premium on this series, but the quality and design make it worth it, Martins pics of it don't do the detail justice.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2019-south-african-archosauria-dinosaurs-series-1oz-silver-bullion-coin/

Here is the next release with some much sharper pictures

https://agaunews.com/south-africas-rise-of-the-dinosaurs-silver-bullion-series-adds-a-second-design/

They are indeed beautiful coins! definitley going to be on my list thanks for the tip! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) Thank you for purchasing Platinum Premium Membership and supporting The Silver Forum project. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived