• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

About GoldSIlver.BE and shipping costs

Draconicus

Hello guys,

I do not order nothing from then for almost a year, and today I tried to order 2 silver coins, when I noticed that the only  option I have for shipment was by  FedEx paying 40€!

What the heck... why it's this so much expensive now? What changed here?....any one can explain what I am missing here?

I think In my first orders I usually pay around 17€ as shipment costs.   Why so expensive now?

Thank you in advance,

Paulo AKA Draconicus

19 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Für mich sind 9€ Versandkosten das Limit , ansonsten bleibt es eben.

Melken können die wo anders.

Maxe

Thanks God for Google translator:) :

-"For me, 9 € shipping costs are the limit, otherwise it just stays.
Milking can be where else."

I try to be rationnal and I usually order from GS using their free store option.I have a lot of my orders in vault. And from time to time, I ask for delivery, for  x orders and I have only paid delivery cost one time. Very competitive this way !

Of course, I can't get the coins immediatley, but I don't care

Goldsilver have good prices - the high cost of shipping is upsetting - storage is an option except for those in the UK as if Brexit occurs they may find they save on the shipping but have to pay more in VAT due to the delay in sending out the package.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

if Brexit occurs they may find they save on the shipping but have to pay more in VAT due to the delay in sending out the package.

it worths pointing it out of course for you in UK, as I have not this constraint

I originally started my orders from Silver2go in Germany then switched to Goldsiver.Be because they were cheaper but now it's looking like going back to Silver2go is going to be the way forward for any order under a couple of hundred pounds because their postage has remained the same as it used to be.

Edit - I'm hoping to pick up a couple of the latest Queens Beasts before any (more) Brexit turmoil kicks in.

what do people reckon is the cost of packing materials , insurance + delivery to mainland UK for GSBE ?

Genuine question.I

I'm trying to work out the differences to see if it's value for money and if they may be profiting from postage.

As like a few here , I have a few orders vaulted with them which I'll get delivered closer to the brexit deadline. I think €40 is a little steep but it pales in significance for UK vat silver . Hence why I vault orders to reduce the overall costs.

I ordered from them only once when I started and although the shipping cost is shocking it still worked out cheaper than UK dealers and I got free tube for every single coin that I ordered (maybe cause 1st order?) Anyways since I discovered silverforum nothing beats prices on here.

VAT kills silver stacking as a realistic hedge in the UK in my opinion. I have around 30 odd ounces but I am a collector rather than a stacker. 

Silver would have to increase 20% just for us to get our money back and that probably wont happen any time soon. Gold and platinum is the metal to stack but at the historic high of gold it's hard to recommend that either 

3 minutes ago, JackKlugman said:

VAT kills silver stacking    ...........

Silver would have to increase 20% just for us to get our money back and that probably wont happen any time soon.

Totally agreed

6 hours ago, Frenchie said:

I try to be rationnal and I usually order from GS using their free store option.I have a lot of my orders in vault. And from time to time, I ask for delivery, for  x orders and I have only paid delivery cost one time. Very competitive this way !

Of course, I can't get the coins immediatley, but I don't care

I'm the same.ive multiple orders in storage with them and before Xmas I'll have them delivered.im really just waiting on the latest 10oz queen's beasts.it makes more sense to me to do it that way as the postage is very economical then.

The Perth mint have lost me as a customer the minute I get my Maggie Simpson coin which is Pre ordered.

Then after that, I might buy their products from other dealers, but with them using Fed Ex ( rip off company ) its stupid. I am being charged with handling fees the same as I paid for the coin!

Archived