• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

25 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Has anyone used heritage auctions....if bought from the USA does it get expensive?

Some nice half shields in there 

I would recommend contacting them about the shipping quote in advance to not be surprised after the purchase. Don't know the rates for the UK but for here to Europe they charge $50-100 per shipment so could be similar.

31 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Being accused of funding an enemy regime is obviously worth £38 an ounce ?

"Of course it isn't, don't be silly. But £38/share, now you're talking!" - Joint conference call between Raytheon, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

43 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

This comment on LinkedIn was interesting. Anyone done this? I assume you would need a way to get Russian rubles?

"If you hate buying gold at the top, change your money to Russian Rubles and buy your gold at 20% below the high point. It’s still early."

spacer.png

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7183112077811552256?updateEntityUrn=urn%3Ali%3Afs_updateV2%3A(urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A7183112077811552256%2CFEED_DETAIL%2CEMPTY%2CDEFAULT%2Cfalse)

Yeah, really? And who is selling at that (other than certain countries 🤔)

43 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

This comment on LinkedIn was interesting. Anyone done this? I assume you would need a way to get Russian rubles?

"If you hate buying gold at the top, change your money to Russian Rubles and buy your gold at 20% below the high point. It’s still early."

spacer.png

The quip Clive Thompson is making in his own ironic style is that Gold is not making all time highs in every currency. The Rouble to gold exchange rate is not at its ATH due to its earlier very weak period od exchange following the strict sanctions applied following the Ukrainian invasion./ special operation. It's a statement reflecting more on the strength/volatility of the rouble than on the gold price. 

2 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Could one of youse let ‘em know? 

IMG_4551.jpeg

Ukraine nuclear war starting. Ukrainian generals have threatened that if not supported, war lost, it could resort to the nuclear option. 15 reactors across Ukraine left to bellow out radiation for months becomes a critical global issue. Over the last few days they've started multiple drone attacks upon the Zaporizhzhia reactors (so far the damage is slight/contained).

5 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Ukraine nuclear war starting. Ukrainian generals have threatened that if not supported, war lost, it could resort to the nuclear option. 15 reactors across Ukraine left to bellow out radiation for months becomes a critical global issue. Over the last few days they've started multiple drone attacks upon the Zaporizhzhia reactors (so far the damage is slight/contained).

Is it? Well I better bring in the washing! 
lol. 😂 im sure gold will save us then
have a rest 🤣

in March 22 when the Russians ‘attacked’ zaporizhzia uranium stocks nose dived. I bought a lot. Not seeing it this time. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

8 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

Whatcha smokin' ? :)

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Clearly they needed the bounce off the $2320 mark. As quick as its dropped, its climbed back up

Screenshot_20240408_193915_Brave.thumb.jpg.00a3ed22814e77708a9f61574bda9420.jpg

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

21 minutes ago, PhilB said:

The quip Clive Thompson is making in his own ironic style is that Gold is not making all time highs in every currency. The Rouble to gold exchange rate is not at its ATH due to its earlier very weak period od exchange following the strict sanctions applied following the Ukrainian invasion./ special operation. It's a statement reflecting more on the strength/volatility of the rouble than on the gold price. 

Ah, you're right. Well it's only Monday and I'm already being dense.

2 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I’m just going to say … unless they hit it with a huge directed missile strike or (much) larger… we’ll be fine John 😉it’s almost like it was designed for it. 🤷‍♂️

A political statement rather than total intent. If/when bunker busters are used the intent will be real. A aid/support us now, or bad things may happen pressure point (their front lines across 1000km length are pretty much on their knees).

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Who else panic bought iodine? 😐

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Mid west America has a total eclipse  …. End of the world!!!

Sounds like this random Mesopotamian local 5000 year ago 

IMG_4557.jpeg

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, Bratnia said:

A political statement rather than total intent. If/when bunker busters are used the intent will be real. A aid/support us now, or bad things may happen pressure point (their front lines across 1000km length are pretty much on their knees).

They aren't going to destroy their own country despite what the Russians say.

Ukraine are doing pretty well, anyone would have thought russia would roll ukraine at the start.. here we are 2 years later

3 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

They have already lost. It was never winnable. No matter how many Ukrainians the west were willing to sacrifice. 

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, Agaupl said:

They have already lost. It was never winnable. No matter how many Ukrainians the west were willing to sacrifice. 

Are we looking at the same map?

Just now, Upsidedown said:

Are we looking at the same map?

Not yet. I’m sorry. But anyone sane knows it’s over. Peace treaty soon. Stop the killing. It’s a shock if you listen to certain news I know. But even western news are dripping it in now. I don’t think it’s in doubt 🤷‍♂️

Aaaahhh😉

3 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Not yet. I’m sorry. But anyone sane knows it’s over. Peace treaty soon. Stop the killing. It’s a shock if you listen to certain news I know. But even western news are dripping it in now. I don’t think it’s in doubt 🤷‍♂️

Fail to see that as a Ukrainian failure when there is still a ukraine 2 years on.

They have done well to lose the land they have, could have been much worse