• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Potential eBay scam please help

Micky9776

Just now, Scuzzle said:

I think the Royal Mail deliberately use those machines for signatures and make you use you finger to sign them purely so every signature is totally illegible so they can cut down on claims for missing packages.  Nobody casn actually make a fair representation of their actual signature on these machines using their finger.

The ones my posties use have a stylus attached on a cord, so quite easy to sign with.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I've bought alot of my silver off ebay and never had an issue with delivery to date but noticed the postie just casually signs the occasional bit of mail but the most shocking thing I had was a delivery from bullion by post which didn't require a signature.

Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciate it! 

So I get a few messages from her this morning, one saying she has not signed for it, then another saying that no one was in and no one could of signed for it and that it was left in her gas box outside and she was going to ask her neighbors if they had seen anything. Then another message saying she spoke to her neighbor and they seen the postman put 2 parcels in her gas box so her neighbor collected them out of the gas box for safe keeping! 

She then also sent me the photo of the red card that was put through the letter box (bad photo and can’t see any date times etc!)

So why didn’t the neighbor go let her know that she had taken them later that day or when she had seen the owner? I think it’s a bit fishy!  It again the postman wouldn’t leave a special delivery item outside as it could lose him his job as already said on here.

But I’m just glad the lost bar has turned up and she says she loves it. I have told her I am going to make a complaint to the bath delivery office and find out why this has been done, I will also send a pic of the red card to them.

Again thank you so much all for your help! This is why I love this place so much, everyone is so helpful and full of knowledge! 

P.s her gas box wasn’t a metaphor 😂

F3AEE36C-DE21-4436-AE93-96146ED714B3.png

1 minute ago, Micky9776 said:

My thoughts exactly @Goldhooked just another person trying it on, I bet it must get really annoying for your business if this keeps happening!

eBay buyers have always been the worst.  I sell the same products on multiple platforms (eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Fruugo, website) and the claims of “Ive not received my item” are far higher on eBay than all the others combined.  I also sell worldwide and the brits are far worse than any other country.  It’s as bad as shoplifting which most of them would never dream of doing but I guess sat behind a computer feels less risky to them.

Its not as bad nowadays, since Royal Mail introduced the 2D barcode for delivery confirmation.  It’s usually only the really stupid ones that try it on now.

Yea I know what you mean, and they are stupid to try stuff like this, and like you said they wouldn’t dream about shoplifting. This is why I don’t really like eBay to sell my items, too many time wasters. I sold a 1 oz silver coin last week, they paid for it then 5 mins later asked to cancel the order as they ment to press watch the item instead of buy it now! So I lost my £1 seller fee on that item, then this happens on the next item I sold lol

1 minute ago, Micky9776 said:

I sold a 1 oz silver coin last week, they paid for it then 5 mins later asked to cancel the order as they ment to press watch the item instead of buy it now! So I lost my £1 seller fee on that item, then this happens on the next item I sold lol

Ah, the classic “I didn’t mean to buy it, it was my baby/dog/cat/the weather/etc”.  Funny how they managed to go through a whole specific sequence of multiple screens, button presses and logins, all by “accident” of course!  It’s more common than you think :D 

29 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

She got scared after you mentioned contacting Royal Mail and the police and then came up with the excuses as to how it had now been found.

I see it all the time through my business - you can tell when they realise they’ve been caught out and start back tracking :D 

Totally agree with you there, make sure you block the scumbag now so they cannot buy off of you again and once they have left you feedback leave them some warning about SD parcels allegedly going missing.

Also complain to the Royal mail sending a copy of the card about their shoddy handling of an SD parcel, you might find out it wasnt them who wrote that on the card and can then confront the buyer.

6 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Totally agree with you there, make sure you block the scumbag now so they cannot buy off of you again and once they have left you feedback leave them some warning about SD parcels allegedly going missing.

Also complain to the Royal mail sending a copy of the card about their shoddy handling of an SD parcel, you might find out it wasnt them who wrote that on the card and can then confront the buyer.

Sellers are not able to leave negative feedback for buyers.  And if you leave a positive rating with a negatively worded comment, the buyer can have it removed.

Definitely a good idea to add them to your blocked bidders list though.

They wouldnt leave a card and sign for package on the recipients behalf, doesnt make sense, ive had postmen sign on ny behalf if it fits in letter box, which beats going up to depot, if theres a signature and you can prove package was addressed to buyer, you will be fine, hower, scammers will try all tricks kn the book, like box was empty, it was just a brick, this is when ebay really fails the seller and favours the buyer...

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

27 minutes ago, Micky9776 said:

So I lost my £1 seller fee on that item, then this happens on the next item I sold lol

You should get your £1 refunded by eBay if you cancelled the order because the buyer asked you to. Still annoying but you won't be out of pocket. eBay is a lot better these days than it used to be. I made a lot of money selling on eBay back in 2002ish. So much so that I nearly gave up my job back then to do it full time. I was living in Canada then and around this time the scammers started to pick up on the opportunities on eBay. It was quickly so over run with scammers that I was losing more money than I was making so called it a day and gave up. It is much better these days with things like the Global Shipping Programme for international sales and all the tracking methods now available for sellers to use. I do now sell on eBay as my full time job and rarely have issues.

@Goldhooked exactly 😂 Some people just don’t care and will say anything to get out of it 

and like @DaveWheat89 has already mentioned they would not leave a card and then sign it themselves. If I have sold a high value item what I normally do is video record the whole wrapping up of the item and then weight it so it shows I have included the item in the parcel just to cover myself in “nothing was in my parcel” scenario. 

She will definitely be going on my block list 😂 if anyone wants her eBay name just pm me

@AppleZippoandMetronome Yea I got an email in regards to the £1 credit so I’m happy with that. There will always be scammers in every aspect of life but hopefully you managed to make some good money before you had to stop! 

i would of liked more of your posts but I have ran out of likes for today 😂 

Ebay seems to be getting worse in the last year or two, especially for some reason anyone with London down as their location, I dread seeing this in a winning bidder as I know I'm not going to see any feedback and I might have a scam attempt against me, not saying it's everyone of course and I am generalising massively but it's just something I've noticed over the last year or two.

5 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Hi thought this would be the best place to put this. 

Need advice.

if someone has no feedback and it looks dodgy. If you cancel the sale will you then receive bad feedback?

Yes, they would be able to leave you negative feedback and you wouldn't have any good reason to have it removed.

Why do you think its dodgy?  If you are concerned you could try phoning eBay but I expect they will tell you to ship it with relevant tracking/cover.  Might be worth a ring anyway just in case there are any markers on the account.

Just now, JCRJM said:

Hi mate. The account hasnt paid for the order and has no feedback. 

You should really raise an unpaid case and wait for it to run its course.  It will either lead to the buyer paying, or it will time out at which point eBay will cancel the sale for you and put a strike in the buyers account.

Doing anything else might result in negative feedback which you probably won't get removed.

Here is eBay's help page on unpaid items - https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Archived