• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullionbypost experience

FFkook

Hi guys,

Can't seem to find it, but what are your experiences with ordering from Bullionbypost? Seems they ship for free to the Netherlands.. That would make the 1/10 gold coins more affordable for me. Are they trustworthy?

If not placed correctly here please help me out with that too ;)

I used them before I found this forum and cheaper silver from Europe, but I also got gold from them.

The only reason I stopped using them was because they sent me some rubbish silver Brits at a huge premium. But before that I was always happy with gold from them. Good shipping and service, and though I usually chose the 'best value' coins (on bullion) they were mostly almost 'as new'.

I'd recommend them for gold bullion, it's only because they treated me shabbily over poor quality silver stock I've decided not to use them again.

1 minute ago, mikeiones32 said:

I've bought the odd thing from them without any issues at all - got what I expected when I expected it.

Always worth doing a quick price comparision around though with other dealers to ensure your getting a good deal.

Yes, but they don't get cheaper then this if I add up shipping. Still pretty expensive and a big premium though, 129 euro for a 1/10 golden Brit... 

9 minutes ago, FFkook said:

Yes, but they don't get cheaper then this if I add up shipping. Still pretty expensive and a big premium though, 129 euro for a 1/10 golden Brit... 

In theory I could buy it for you and add it to your group order if you want - saves on double shipping

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

In theory I could buy it for you and add it to your group order if you want - saves on double shipping

Thanks for that, but this one has to wait out as I reached my maximum for this season, which I strictly comply to(is that even correct English?) 

Thanks anyway, really appreciate al your hard work! 

54 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Were the silver coins new then, what was wrong with them ?, they are too expensive for my liking when I had looked around the internet first.

I bought quite a few 'Grade A - as new, random year' silver Brits from them. They all turned up milked and scratched to high heaven. For once (usually they had been great on the phone) I was told to eff off basically as it's 'just bullion' despite their 'Grade B' being a pound cheaper a coin (and can't have been in worse condition).

I should have followed it up, but a few weeks later I saw them advertising in a newspaper some deal with a free Brit 'worth £28.99!' or thereabouts, so haven't touched them since.

They were decent when I got gold from them previously, but all this has been a couple of years ago now so I don't know.

Just now, SILVERFINGER said:

Blimey I would expect an A grade to be perfect.

I wasn't expecting that necessarily, but I certainly wasn't expecting the worst coins I've ever seen in my life, having paid a premium for their 'best coins'!

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I wasn't expecting that necessarily, but I certainly wasn't expecting the worst coins I've ever seen in my life, having paid a premium for their 'best coins'!

Did you put any pics of them on here at the time or photograph them, I am a bit OCD about stuff, want to see how bad they were as different people have different 'mint' 

9 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Did you put any pics of them on here at the time or photograph them, I am a bit OCD about stuff, want to see how bad they were as different people have different 'mint' 

I didn't bother - they are indeed only basic silver bullion. But if you want to see how bad 'Grade A' Brits from BullionByPost can be - and have never seen completely scratched and milked coins before - I'll try to lay my hands on them and post pics :)

I have bought a few things from them and they were fast effective delivered precisely what I ordered. That said, they are not the cheapest. 

I would recommend. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

I use them with gritted teeth. They've handed out my personal information to another buyer by mistake (but luckily they were on this website) which isn't great. I only found out because the user thought someone had half-inched the package and posted the info here, I doubt BBP would have alerted me to this fact themselves ...

3 minutes ago, Ares said:

I use them with gritted teeth. They've handed out my personal information to another buyer by mistake (but luckily they were on this website) which isn't great. I only found out because the user thought someone had half-inched the package and posted the info here, I doubt BBP would have alerted me to this fact themselves ...

Don't really understand, why would they share you info with another buyer, what went wrong then?

5 minutes ago, FFkook said:

Don't really understand, why would they share you info with another buyer, what went wrong then?

Presumably they just got mixed up with the order numbers. So when person A said 'where's my stuff?', BBP entered the wrong order number (which was mine, person B ) and said 'well here's proof of delivery so you've definitely received it', the proof of delivery included names and locations (including a scan of the signature of the person who signed for it).

Then person A comes on here and says 'thanks a bunch person B at X-town, county', which was my data.

I get that it's not going to be a regular occurance (you'd hope), but I avoid them unless absolutely neccesary from now on, it does not give me any confidence in their data privary procedures.

Just now, Ares said:

Presumably they just got mixed up with the order numbers. So when person A said 'where's my stuff?', BBP entered the wrong order number (which was mine, person B ) and said 'well here's proof of delivery so you've definitely received it', the proof of delivery included names and locations.

Then person A comes on here and says 'thanks a bunch person B at X-town, county', which was my data.

Holy bad, that really sucks indeed!

1 minute ago, FFkook said:

Holy bad, that really sucks indeed!

Mmm.

I did get a phone call from them apologising, but only after I sent them a bit of a snotty email documenting this whole thing.

Coin Portfolio Management also happily shared another member's info with me. I mentioned his username on here as they were aware lots of us were having problems with them and a certain silver proof, and they chattily gave me his full name, I reckon I probably could have got more info if I'd wanted (which of course I didn't). Shocking.

That stinks, if I ever had a transaction with a member on here I would never ever give out their personal details, even if I knew they had dealt with the person wanting the info in the past, its like when I sometimes get accosted on the high street, 'excuse me sir would you mind answering some questions for me' sure I say, as long as it isnt my name, address, phone number or email address you want, fire away, thats as far as most get.

The biggest sh'tbags I recently had fun with were oak furniture land, went to the shop with a friend was going to treat them to some furniture from there, got out my cash only for them to want to know everything bar my ring size, I said I just want to pay cash and take a mirror away today, you cant do that you said we have to have them made especially, so I wasnt happy about this but my friend didnt mind, so I paid for the item with my card as they wouldnt take the money out until it was ready to dispatch, imagine our surprise when my friend started getting mail with my name on coming to their address, scumbags, wont ever use them again, not even for someone else.

7 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

That stinks, if I ever had a transaction with a member on here I would never ever give out their personal details, even if I knew they had dealt with the person wanting the info in the past, its like when I sometimes get accosted on the high street, 'excuse me sir would you mind answering some questions for me' sure I say, as long as it isnt my name, address, phone number or email address you want, fire away, thats as far as most get.

I should emphasise I do not blame the member here at all, as far as they were concerned they were venting about person whom they believed had stolen their package - they were not aware at the time they had been given someone elses legitimate order information. It all belongs to BBP!

Archived