• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storage of your stack

Bagenz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, augur said:

Peli Boxes for storage of tubes and bars but for bullion I really like theses leather bags

IMG_8007.thumb.JPG.4aad8ae5e5cbedae54bdea9a77ef8e12.JPG

IMG_7918.thumb.JPG.1e2ee6e2c2a289480987f6f2f814d457.JPG

Is this your latest tax collection Augur? Very much remind me of when they'd go around and do that! ?

28 minutes ago, matrawr said:

Is this your latest tax collection Augur? Very much remind me of when they'd go around and do that! ?

It gives you a sense of how people were paid by weight for a job...

... it didn't matter what size of coins were in a bag for as long as it reached the weight (here 1.08 kg of sterling silver)

11 minutes ago, augur said:

It gives you a sense of how people were paid by weight for a job...

... it didn't matter what size of coins were in a bag for as long as it reached the weight (here 1.08 kg of sterling silver)

Ah right I thought they would ask for something like 20 silver pieces? Did they carry around scales or just if it felt the right weight?

Just now, matrawr said:

Did they carry around scales or just if it felt the right weight?

I thought for everyday business you were paid a certain amount of certain sized coins. But for bigger jobs you would just feel the weight. Maybe just me being romantic; I'm sure that the excitements of accountancy were already known in the Middle Ages  

A wad of cash isn't really lighter than gold (even £50 bills struggle to compare to a Britannia), and space wise in any case. Much easier to count, too. 

9 minutes ago, augur said:

I thought for everyday business you were paid a certain amount of certain sized coins. But for bigger jobs you would just feel the weight. Maybe just me being romantic; I'm sure that the excitements of accountancy were already known in the Middle Ages  

A wad of cash isn't really lighter than gold (even £50 bills struggle to compare to a Britannia), and space wise in any case. Much easier to count, too. 

I would've thought as soon as they started putting a value on coins they'd ask for so many threepence's or so many sixpences etc?

If someone was to store their bullion buried in their garden would these peli cases do any good?

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

25 minutes ago, Big23 said:

I rather have a simple one that works than a fancy one that doesn't :D

Firearm laws are heavily regulated in U.K, I’m sure these are not legal in the U.K hence why many big caliber firearms are deactivated & sold as collector items better than getting scraped In my opinion. Many collectors buy such pieces for the history, novelty etc very collectable indeed ?

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

4 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Firearm laws are heavily regulated in U.K, I’m sure these are not legal in the U.K hence why many big caliber firearms are deactivated & sold as collector items better than getting scraped In my opinion. Many collectors buy such pieces for the history, novelty etc very collectable indeed ?

Yeah, it's the same here in Austria... But I think it's better than in the USA...

Yeah. But I was shocked how easy it is to get a shotgun although we have strong laws as well. You just go to the shop, buy it and after 3 days 'cool down period' you pick it up. Only thing is you get registered and must not have any police entries...

Archived