• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Danbury Mint

morezone

I was scrolling through Facebook and an ad popped up for Danbury Mint.  I've never heard of them before but then I hadn't heard of The Coin Portfolio and The British Numismatic Treasury up until recently.  There's also The Westminster Collection but I'm sure most of us has heard of them.

I navigated to Danbury Mint's web page just to have a look and some of their stuff is well over priced.  Didn't look long but a bullion 2017 MS70 Kangaroo for £115+ postage.

My question is what other numismatic/coin dealers are out there?  I'm not talking your usual run of the mill reasonably priced dealers but rather those gimmicky ones aimed at the uniformed.

IMG_2661.thumb.PNG.fcb973f40fe4122f466a1c947e9e4ce9.PNG

IMG_2660.thumb.PNG.3f5326a37f8e9f62a14aebc9f19df6a6.PNG

How about Hattons of London with their 12-sided 2017 Sovereign £699 and limited to 1817 coins to mark the bicentennial anniversary... that's one missing on Numis list but then again it's not really a sovereign 

Web-Product-Sov650x500-23.jpg

12 minutes ago, morezone said:

My question is what other numismatic/coin dealers are out there?  I'm not talking your usual run of the mill reasonably priced dealers but rather those gimmicky ones aimed at the uniformed.

I got the works on Friday from the Windsor Mint; https://www.windsormint.co.uk/

An "ADVANCED NOTICE OF CREDIT EXPIRATION" as I had been "Specially selected to participate in a promotion to remember Princess Dianna"

At a guess my details have been sold by another coin marketing business.

They intend to withdraw the credit amounts and release the item reserved for me to another collector if I don't respond within the time limit.

Honestly, it is nice to feel valued by a coin business, but this one will take some beating in the gimmick stakes!

London Coin Co lists an impressive selection of proof coins and coin sets but comparing with other dealers their prices seem to be on average twice the going rate.
However their coins might be perfect FDC and guaranteed as such whereas some of our other well known dealers claiming FDC condition are definitely not; as personally experienced.
Checking the prices of accessories and shipping I suspect they fall into the "high end designer label" category of retailers.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

London Coin Co lists an impressive selection of proof coins and coin sets but comparing with other dealers their prices seem to be on average twice the going rate.
However their coins might be perfect FDC and guaranteed as such whereas some of our other well known dealers claiming FDC condition are definitely not; as personally experienced.
Checking the prices of accessories and shipping I suspect they fall into the "high end designer label" category of retailers.

I think @RegalStacker has contributed to some of their FDC stock, but had rather the worst possible experience...

London Coin Company doctor there photo's and are band from buying from the Royal Mint, I have a suspicion that they sell the same coin multiple times, as coins on there site are not all registered with PCGS and the coins and numbers have been photo shopped.

Numismaticsworldwide is part of the group including UK Coin Company which is the owner of London Coin Company hair dresser, he sell him the crap coins he does not want, there are at least 7 of them working the eBay shift watch them.

11 minutes ago, augur said:

I think @RegalStacker has contributed to some of their FDC stock, but had rather the worst possible experience...

Now you've woken Sherlock's bloodhound and seeking some juicy elaboration  !!

I've recently started getting ad fliers from them and have been wondering who could have sold them my address or which other company they could have a business relationship with.

The only new coin vendor I've recently dealt with has been Coin Portfolio,

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 hours ago, Pete said:

I ordered items from the LCC 2 weeks ago, didn't hear anything, e-mailed them and got a reply...we are on annual leave and will not be back until the end of August if you want to cancel your order that will be ok. Must be doing alright.

On 12/08/2017 at 17:18, RegalStacker said:

London Coin Company doctor there photo's and are band from buying from the Royal Mint, I have a suspicion that they sell the same coin multiple times, as coins on there site are not all registered with PCGS and the coins and numbers have been photo shopped.

Numismaticsworldwide is part of the group including UK Coin Company which is the owner of London Coin Company hair dresser, he sell him the crap coins he does not want, there are at least 7 of them working the eBay shift watch them.

This information pleases me! I've held an irrational yet intense dislike of London Coin Company for all of my stacking years, based on the ridiculous prices they charge for run of the mill stuff on eBay, which is basically preying on the new hobbyist / uninformed.

Now I can continue to dislike them but with added moral indignation. Thanks.

On 12/08/2017 at 17:18, RegalStacker said:

How can they sell the same coin multiple times?  Are you saying they don't deliver it to most buyers, deliver another or have counterfeit slabs?

On 12/08/2017 at 16:15, morezone said:

I was scrolling through Facebook and an ad popped up for Danbury Mint.  I've never heard of them before but then I hadn't heard of The Coin Portfolio and The British Numismatic Treasury up until recently.  There's also The Westminster Collection but I'm sure most of us has heard of them.

I navigated to Danbury Mint's web page just to have a look and some of their stuff is well over priced.  Didn't look long but a bullion 2017 MS70 Kangaroo for £115+ postage.

IMG_2661.thumb.PNG.fcb973f40fe4122f466a1c947e9e4ce9.PNG

IMG_2660.thumb.PNG.3f5326a37f8e9f62a14aebc9f19df6a6.PNG

There are so many bad ones out there, but some I tried in my early days, sorry but Westminster are one of them and London mint, who try hanging onto Royal Mints coat tails, he us in silver forum stuck together we could get  better prices, think numistacker could help paying less from the Royal Mint would help all buy more coins.

Archived