• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver 20th Anniversary Britannia

Jester

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To top it all they add to the list the Britannia rooster privy, as you have said they are saturating the market with every possible coin imaginable. I guess everyone knows the Chinese lunar calendar by now ?

picked up 20 of the fork privy.  Come vacuum packed which is quite nice.  They've got the new obverse design in the field which sets them apart from the regular 2017 brits with the woodchip.  Not sure if these edge marked ones do but I guess they will be moving to the better obverse field from now on.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

• 1 year later...
On 05/06/2017 at 23:06, Jester said:

Please tell me it isn't so that Goldco.com is the sole distributor of the 1 oz silver 20th Anniversary Britannia in her chariot with the date 1997 - 2017 edge lettering.

https://goldco.com/product/1-oz-2017-silver-britannia-20th-anniversary-edge-lettering/

I've searched other U.S. dealers, international dealers and no one else seems to have this coin for sale. I've checked eBay, eBay UK...nothing. I'd buy from Goldco.com but their minimum order is $10,000 :blink:

Any info you all can share would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to pick up a few of these for the collection.

are you still looking jester i have one for sale  cheers chris 

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Coinlady said:

Response to 2017 UK Britannia 1 oz. 20th Anniversary - Uncirculated Silver  -

I do have 5 for sale if interested. Gift for investing in retirement.

coinlady

22CB91CA-6667-4234-8C61-601EFFFC6CC8.jpeg

I thought the 2017annivetsary coin had the trident privy on it?

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, Smoggy said:

I thought the 2017annivetsary coin had the trident privy on it?

How much are these ones

I have the anniversary chariot Britannia, I paid about £50 quid if I remember right.  Cost was due to them being sold at rip off prices in the US only then getting them shipped here.  The reason they are only available from that supplier is because they were a special commission I believe.  Expensive but I dont mind paying when its for my collection, it looks better in my date run of Brits than another standard pose.

Hello

I have read this thread with interest bt I am confused about my holding of Britannias which,

apart from a date run are as follows:-

Snake Edge    2013
    Horse Edge    2014
    Sheep Edge    2015
    Monkey Edge    2016
    Rooster Edge    2017
    Dog Edge    2018

Fleur de Lys    2017
    Oriental Border    2018
    Oriental Border    2019

Can anyone tell me what I am missing and whether I should get them?

Many thanks as usual

Frank

1 hour ago, Lucylucy said:

Hello

I have read this thread with interest bt I am confused about my holding of Britannias which,

apart from a date run are as follows:-

Snake Edge    2013
    Horse Edge    2014
    Sheep Edge    2015
    Monkey Edge    2016
    Rooster Edge    2017
    Dog Edge    2018

Fleur de Lys    2017
    Oriental Border    2018
    Oriental Border    2019

Can anyone tell me what I am missing and whether I should get them?

Many thanks as usual

Frank

There should be a pig edge, the dog edge is rare as hens teeth, also the 2014 mule.

7 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I have the anniversary chariot Britannia, I paid about £50 quid if I remember right.  Cost was due to them being sold at rip off prices in the US only then getting them shipped here.  The reason they are only available from that supplier is because they were a special commission I believe.  Expensive but I dont mind paying when its for my collection, it looks better in my date run of Brits than another standard pose.

Do you consider it part of the run if it's a private commision?, if so isn't the Falkland island and gairsoppa?.

3 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Do you consider it part of the run if it's a private commision?, if so isn't the Falkland island and gairsoppa?.

Thats something I have struggled with answering myself.  As far as Im concerned if its minted by the Royal Mint and its a Britannia then I consider it part of a legitimate run.  Falklands is not because it was not minted by the Royal Mint but Gairsoppa would be.  Only the royal mint can use the word Britannia on their coins which is why the Pobjoy mint got a bollocking and had to change the design to remove " Britannia Rules the Waves".  I have added the oriental boarders in my date run just because its more interesting than the regular Britannia.

4 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Thats something I have struggled with answering myself.  As far as Im concerned if its minted by the Royal Mint and its a Britannia then I consider it part of a legitimate run.  Falklands is not because it was not minted by the Royal Mint but Gairsoppa would be.  Only the royal mint can use the word Britannia on their coins which is why the Pobjoy mint got a bollocking and had to change the design to remove " Britannia Rules the Waves".  I have added the oriental boarders in my date run just because its more interesting than the regular Britannia.

So the private minted 2017 doesn't count, j bought a gairsoppa but gave it a say to my hairdresser as she had a new daughter...thought two women of power and shipwrecked silver would be good for her...I don't have the dog,or mule but have the rest, you might want to get in touch with Alun on here as I got a 44 coin box for them and it looks nice..I have a post of it...can last a couple more years before filled.

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

So the private minted 2017 doesn't count, j bought a gairsoppa but gave it a say to my hairdresser as she had a new daughter...thought two women of power and shipwrecked silver would be good for her...I don't have the dog,or mule but have the rest, you might want to get in touch with Alun on here as I got a 44 coin box for them and it looks nice..I have a post of it...can last a couple more years before filled.

Yeah, I have a few of Alun's coin boxes, they are top quality.

42 minutes ago, Marko said:

@DarkChameleon if you are looking for the dog privy, I believe Aurinum.de have them in stock. https://aurinum.de/2018-1-oz-Silver-Britannia-BU-w/Year-of-the-Dog-Privy-Mark-Dog-on-the-RIM

Thanks, I just ordered one...don't know why they are so rare, must have been a tiny mintage...I have found items with 99 mintage before these dog privys, there is,one on ebay for $130 buy it now..that's a joke.

16 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Thanks, I just ordered one...don't know why they are so rare, must have been a tiny mintage...I have found items with 99 mintage before these dog privys, there is,one on ebay for $130 buy it now..that's a joke.

How much was postage???

Archived