• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Compact & Wireless Prototype Axial Light Box for Mobile Phone

3 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

Hi all, I have used axial light in the past for my coins and it is by far the best in my opinion, the setup I had rustled up out of card was too bulky and tended to need a large desk space and some setup time as well as a plug socket for lighting.

I have come up with this simple design which is currently printing, size was a big issue for me as it should be easy to take a picture of your coins without having a dedicated space or having to set up a rig so I have designed this around a small battery powered LED light that secures on the back, it is roughly 160mm in length, 80mm in height and 77mm in depth, apart from the height, it is no bigger than a mobile phone so nice and compact and no need for a dedicated space. Phone just simply lays on the top of the box to take a picture.

Glass is blue on the model to help see it better.

Not including 3D printer, full roll of filament or glass cutter as I already had them, the cost for entire setup is under £25, £3.18 for filament, £20 for LED and £1 for glass inside picture frame, I will try some 1 way mirror film and compare images.

I know I have jumped the gun without having it already printed and tested but I will update as I go, cheers.

Autodesk Fusion Personal (Not for Commercial Use) 28_04_2024 14_13_35.png

Autodesk Fusion Personal (Not for Commercial Use) 28_04_2024 14_14_29.png

Autodesk Fusion Personal (Not for Commercial Use) 28_04_2024 14_16_32.png

Autodesk Fusion Personal (Not for Commercial Use) 28_04_2024 14_27_47.png

Very nice and smart idea!

I am interested to buy one, but should have on the back side a 20/10mm rectangular hole. I'd like to use your device not for coins, but for spoons hallmarks.

I can't explain exactly how should be, but I'm sure you understood the idea. The hole's purpose is to push the spoon until catch the hallmark in picture.

Thank you!🤗

22 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I am interested to buy one, but should have on the back side a 20/10mm rectangular hole. I'd like to use your device not for coins, but for spoons hallmarks.

I can't explain exactly how should be, but I'm sure you understood the idea. The hole's purpose is to push the spoon until catch the hallmark in picture.

Thank you!🤗

This guy, honestly 😂 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Thank you!🤗

Cheers, yeh I get you, I wasn't planning on making them to sell, I am happy to provide the G Code to anyone to use, once I have tested it of course

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

Just now, Peacemaker said:

Cheers, yeh I get you, I wasn't planning on making them to sell, I am happy to provide the G Code to anyone to use, once I have tested it of course

I dunno what is a G code, I am still trying to understand what's G spot, to be honest...

But I was talking seriously, not as James.😊

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I am a serious buyer, not a tyre kicker like you!

But the magic box 📦 should have a hole as per my needs.

Is that a “Glory Hole” that you need @stefffana
😉

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Just now, stefffana said:

Yeah.... a kinda...to stick a spoon until see the hallmarks...

As long as you’re not sticking anything else in there lol 😂 

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Actually this item seems like a really good idea, and may be something that others may want to buy if it can be easily made by printing it on a 3D printer, and attaching a few components. Great little gizmo regardless, hats off for your creativity @Peacemaker 👍

Surprised there isn't spoon photo me machine with appropriate holes on market already 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, Peacemaker said:

Final result, I am only using a galaxy A50 on standard photo settings, its has a pro mode I will figure how to use but the colours and patterns on the reverse I could never pick up with a normal photo.

image.thumb.png.f2910dc031a0ca5728774d7dcc880c3a.pngimage.thumb.png.c33af57c57e754c7319f0901fae04eec.png

Just "Wow!"

Very nice result from your first try!🤗

13 minutes ago, Peacemaker said:

Final result, I am only using a galaxy A50 on standard photo settings, its has a pro mode I will figure how to use but the colours and patterns on the reverse I could never pick up with a normal photo.

image.thumb.png.f2910dc031a0ca5728774d7dcc880c3a.pngimage.thumb.png.c33af57c57e754c7319f0901fae04eec.png

Stunning detail in those pics 😍

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use