• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Losing Gold!? OMFG

Has anyone had the misfortune of dropping/losing/misplacing any gold at all? Oh my gosh, ive got a few 1g bars i leave nicely in a safe little packet which the wife moved and when ive looked my x3 is now x2 (wife wouldnt have nicked it she thinks theyre worth about 50p haha). I cannot believe the stress of the search, i felt frantic. Very odd, still fuming so probably not the best time to be posting but im interested in hearing any other horror stories?

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

That's nothing mate I lost ALL my gold AND silver in a boating accident. Terrible shame 😞

Ah mate i couldnt fathom it. im deleting this post actually its just a mega feel bad. im sorry to hell to hear you say that pal btw

Yes thats the spirit! ive phoned the local scrap yard to loan there mega magnet on a crane for the day, just ripping the lino up as we speak 

1 minute ago, GodsMoney said:

not in the state of mind to see humour hahaha but yes very funny cracking up now...still deleting this thread how the hell do you do it?

Can't delete a thread unfortunately. 

Just now, GodsMoney said:

Yes thats the spirit! ive phoned the local scrap yard to loan there mega magnet on a crane for the day, just ripping the lino up as we speak 

If it sticks to a magnet, your fooked

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, SilverDrum said:

This is now the lost and found thread @GodsMoney

I will go second. Lost a Sovereign at one of your house's, not sure who's....but if ANYONE finds a sov down the back of the sofa, it's mine. 

Just found 10 down mine, you'd need to be more specific. 

Just now, SilverDrum said:

One of them is mine. 

Sorry, recounted..only 9 here, hard luck.

Just now, Esjayc said:

I found a load in my hoover when I emptied it last night.

That hoover is mine.

3 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

This is now the lost and found thread @GodsMoney

I will go second. Lost a Sovereign at one of your house's, not sure who's....but if ANYONE finds a sov down the back of the sofa, it's mine. 

if my f&$king 1g bar turns up chaps please fess up let me know

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Sorry, recounted..only 9 here, hard luck.

That hoover is mine.

If it helps, it's a corded Shark hoover. I recently learned there is a brand called Hoover, who make appliances which are not hoovers. 

Anyway, back on topic...

Just now, Orpster said:

I lost a sovereign, assumed at the time I had not recorded one I had sold on my spreadsheet

Found it months later when I moved my desk, it had fallen down the back

Sounds like you found SilverDrum's

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Orpster said:

I lost a sovereign, assumed at the time I had not recorded one I had sold on my spreadsheet

Found it months later when I moved my desk, it had fallen down the back

ah dont it makes me feel ill. im so sorry for ever asking this question, glad you found it, what im hearing there is theres hope

Edited by GodsMoney

2 minutes ago, DavePa said:

I will look for your gold in my house. I might find the missing spare set of keys to my car in the process. Looked high and low and it is soooooo irritating 

Quite ironic, I just found a set of car keys that don't match my car.