• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

There’s A Sleeper On The RM Site….

48 minutes ago, Organics said:

Take a look at the Pamp Suisse faith series selling prices on eBay. That was also one of my reasons. That’s also the point. People are looking for something “more exciting” as you put it and are completely overlooking this. Just my two pence 👍

Pamp is a way more desirable brand that the royal mint. Honestly, these bars are garbage and won't be worth much on the secondary market.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just now, dicker said:

Minted bars are not my cup of tea.

Anything religious even less so (of any denomination).

Not sure this is a sleeper, but that’s just me.  

I would pay spot and melt it.  

I would pay less than spot and sell it for less than spot because that's all it's ever going to yield for sellers and buyers.

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

I really can not be bothered, life is too short

I’m with you there, what’s the point🙄

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

If you think you have spotted something that is a genuine sleeper, my advice to you is go in big. Put your money where your mouth is.

I have done so before and be amply rewarded (PM’s and Non-PM’s)

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, Organics said:

Oh don’t be like that. Just a bit of fun 🤷‍♂️

You’ve obviously sorted yourself out with it so just tell your ‘mates’ on here🤔😕

For sleepers the ones to look at are all the BU issues. I just spend about £30 on a Benjamin Britton 50p sealed pack and 1) I don’t even know who he is, 2) i don’t collect 50p coins!

Some of the Queens Beasts BU packs go for many times rrp 

8 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I would pay less than spot and sell it for less than spot because that's all it's ever going to yield for sellers and buyers.

@dicker @BackyardBullion I may be wrong, but I believe that you’re looking at this as seasoned veterans of precious metals, who are not interested in “anything religious” and not from the one time purchase, present giving, Muslim buyer. Detach yourself from all that and look at this objectively. I know from one of my previous business’s that when it comes to buying gifts for religious celebrations, price is sometimes the last thing on their mind. 

For example. It’s like when I started buying Banksy prints and originals back in 2000/2001, the seasoned art critics thought he was nothing but a graffiti artists damaging public property, and wasn’t worth the money. All points of view are off course valid but I’m sure glad I didn’t listen to them back then. I guess only time will tell. 

21 minutes ago, Petra said:

You’ve obviously sorted yourself out with it so just tell your ‘mates’ on here🤔😕

I have 👍

1 minute ago, Organics said:

@dicker @BackyardBullion I may be wrong, but I believe that you’re looking at this as seasoned veterans of precious metals, who are not interested in “anything religious” and not from the one time purchase, present giving, Muslim buyer. Detach yourself from all that and look at this objectively. I know from one of my previous business’s that when it comes to buying gifts for religious celebrations, price is sometimes the last thing on their mind. 

For example. It’s like when I started buying Banksy prints and originals back in 2000/2001, the seasoned art critics thought he was nothing but a graffiti artists damaging public property, and wasn’t worth the money. All points of view are off course valid but I’m sure glad I didn’t listen to them back then. I guess only time will tell. 

👍

26 minutes ago, dicker said:

If you think you have spotted something that is a genuine sleeper, my advice to you is go in big. Put your money where your mouth is.

I have done so before and be amply rewarded (PM’s and Non-PM’s)

I have 🙏

3 minutes ago, margin said:

For sleepers the ones to look at are all the BU issues. I just spend about £30 on a Benjamin Britton 50p sealed pack and 1) I don’t even know who he is, 2) i don’t collect 50p coins!

Some of the Queens Beasts BU packs go for many times rrp 

👍👍👍

5 minutes of my life I’m not getting back. I’m getting Tree onto you.😁

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 hours ago, Organics said:

Ok here you go, but before you press the link, please read my reasons behind why I think this will be a very good future investment. If you don’t agree for whatever reason that’s fine. Just thought I’d share and have a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. 

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-bars/gold-bars/kaaba-20g-gold-bullion-minted-bar/

1 - The Royal Mint have made not one, but two short YouTube videos about this. 

2 - There is also an article on the Royal Mint with the history of the Kaa’ba. So they’re putting their weight behind it.

3 - It has been on the site for circa a year. So quite possibly going to get removed soon. 

4 - There are circa 2.25 Billion Muslims in the world and gold is always an attraction and part of their history.

5 - There are two major religious festivals (Eid) every year for Muslims. With millions being spent on presents. Every year looking for something different. 

6 - Combine that with the most sacred of monuments in Islamic history, then surely it’s a winner

7 - A precident was set a few years back by the Pamp Suisse with their faith series. It’s now selling for circa double the original price and the Ka’aba was one of the releases. 

8 - I personally don’t feel the premium is too bad for a 20g solid gold bar. 

Like I said above if you disagree no problem you don’t need to buy one. However it’s worth a consideration 🤔🤔🤔

I think I might agree with you. They are the fastest growing demographic in the UK and they need something to spend their free money on

1 hour ago, dicker said:

I would pay spot and melt it.  

But I definitely agree with you 😁

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

27 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I think I might agree with you. They are the fastest growing demographic in the UK and they need something to spend their free money on

But I definitely agree with you 😁

Care to elaborate. I’m sure there are many hard working, Muslim, U.K. citizens on here, who would love to know how they get their “free money”. 🤔🤔🤔

the forum didnt like your sleeper, apparently... way too sophisticated

could you provide us with another one, possibly more straigthforward, like a bullion listed below gold spot?

appreciated!!

Edited by refero

17 hours ago, Organics said:

Ok here you go, but before you press the link, please read my reasons behind why I think this will be a very good future investment. If you don’t agree for whatever reason that’s fine. Just thought I’d share and have a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. 

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-bars/gold-bars/kaaba-20g-gold-bullion-minted-bar/

1 - The Royal Mint have made not one, but two short YouTube videos about this. 

2 - There is also an article on the Royal Mint with the history of the Kaa’ba. So they’re putting their weight behind it.

3 - It has been on the site for circa a year. So quite possibly going to get removed soon. 

4 - There are circa 2.25 Billion Muslims in the world and gold is always an attraction and part of their history.

5 - There are two major religious festivals (Eid) every year for Muslims. With millions being spent on presents. Every year looking for something different. 

6 - Combine that with the most sacred of monuments in Islamic history, then surely it’s a winner

7 - A precident was set a few years back by the Pamp Suisse with their faith series. It’s now selling for circa double the original price and the Ka’aba was one of the releases. 

8 - I personally don’t feel the premium is too bad for a 20g solid gold bar. 

Like I said above if you disagree no problem you don’t need to buy one. However it’s worth a consideration 🤔🤔🤔

Eid themed gold bars are very much a thing as gold is a traditional gift for Eid, and Eid al Fitra (the holiday at the end of Ramadhan) is coming up in a couple of months.  Various Indonesian outfits make bars with this sort of theme and loads of outfits in the Middle East make Eid themed items as well.  

Here's an Indonesian one, for example.

https://www.logammulia.com/index.php/en/purchase/emas-idul-fitri

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 hours ago, refero said:

the forum didnt like your sleeper, apparently... way too sophisticated

could you provide us with another one, possibly more straigthforward, like a bullion listed below gold spot?

appreciated!!

I can see that lol 😝. I’ll make sure to share any good deals I find in the future on here……….or maybe not 🤔

2 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

Eid themed gold bars are very much a thing as gold is a traditional gift for Eid, and Eid al Fitra (the holiday at the end of Ramadhan) is coming up in a couple of months.  Various Indonesian outfits make bars with this sort of theme and loads of outfits in the Middle East make Eid themed items as well.  

Here's an Indonesian one, for example.

https://www.logammulia.com/index.php/en/purchase/emas-idul-fitri

Thanks for the link. It’s interesting that they were already sold out. Just wondering if the history of the Royal mint will make any difference to the long term price, like the Pamp Suisse series did 🤔. Only time will tell 👍

43 minutes ago, Organics said:

Thanks for the link. It’s interesting that they were already sold out. Just wondering if the history of the Royal mint will make any difference to the long term price, like the Pamp Suisse series did 🤔. Only time will tell 👍

I would think that the shortage is only transient.  With Eid coming up, they will most likely have another batch in stock before long.

I don't think bars like the Royal Mint one will be particularly collectible.  As far as I can tell they don't have any limited mintage.  PAMP seems to be able to attract a bit of a premium because of their brand, but I don't think a lot of people actually collect PAMP bars either.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

On 25/02/2024 at 18:48, Organics said:

I have 👍

I also don’t buy coins with male monarchs.  

Equally for as long as there have been Christmas raffles on the forum I give GBP50 to a charity of the winners choice as long as it’s not political or religious.  

If you think you have found a sleeper great, I support it.  I just don’t buy this sort of thing. 

6 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

I would think that the shortage is only transient.  With Eid coming up, they will most likely have another batch in stock before long.

I don't think bars like the Royal Mint one will be particularly collectible.  As far as I can tell they don't have any limited mintage.  PAMP seems to be able to attract a bit of a premium because of their brand, but I don't think a lot of people actually collect PAMP bars either.

As I understand it there are no limits on production, therefore no scarcity. Happy to be proven wrong!

54 minutes ago, dicker said:

As I understand it there are no limits on production, therefore no scarcity. Happy to be proven wrong!

I think so as well.  I certainly can't see any indication of anything like that on the website.  Normally, if it's a limited mintage, you'd expect the web site to say it, the lack of which implies that it hasn't got a limited mintage.

Edited by Silverlocks