• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are people running out of money?

Just now, Leonmarsh said:

Exactly a limit and that is the difference in tsf of old and new people are happy to bum each other for a quid and postage 

🤔👍👍

3 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Exactly a limit and that is the difference in tsf of old and new people are happy to bum each other for a quid and postage 

I must confess to being guilty of this at times however I just see it as starting a negotiation, as a buyer I'll always look to start low and we can work our way up. As a seller I never take offence to a low offer, it's not a big deal to say no or make a counter.

My bugbear is people making low offers publicly, not sure why that just seems wrong.

At the moment pricing is weird too, you'll see someone offer a jubillee or memorial sov at 385 and the next person wants 400.  I usually assume that they do this to give room to negotiate down the way.

7 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I must confess to being guilty of this at times however I just see it as starting a negotiation, as a buyer I'll always look to start low and we can work our way up. As a seller I never take offence to a low offer, it's not a big deal to say no or make a counter.

My bugbear is people making low offers publicly, not sure why that just seems wrong.

At the moment pricing is weird too, you'll see someone offer a jubillee or memorial sov at 385 and the next person wants 400.  I usually assume that they do this to give room to negotiate down the way.

Offers are fine no issues but it's when you get spot or below offers 

If we're shrewd why would a seller accept a below spot offer doesn't make sense 

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

All depends on what you paid…. some people on here will have bought sovereigns that today would be seen as ridiculously low price (but not at the time!)😮🤔

What you paid is irrelevant isn't it ? 

It's what's a fair market price for the coin 

I.e bought a sov at 200 quid 10 years ago 

Melt value -370 now 

Being offered - 350 quid 

It can't be ok then yeah only paid 200 quid it at least has to be melt surely and a respectable premium for certain items 

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

What you paid is irrelevant isn't it ? 

It's what's a fair market price for the coin 

I.e bought a sov at 200 quid 10 years ago 

Melt value -370 now 

Being offered - 350 quid 

It can't be ok then yeah only paid 200 quid it at least has to be melt surely and a respectable premium for certain items 

That’s more than a fair comment, can’t argue with that🤔👍

1 minute ago, Petra said:

That’s more than a fair comment, can’t argue with that🤔👍

This is the community but I'm talking about a community dont try and bum each other 

It's like when you see some guy trying to sell something for an unexpected bill or family issue, like a pack of hawks people try to steal them adding to the stress of the person,  community ? No

I suppose the forum thread are people running out of money, perhaps sellers are hence the sales, when people need something the bad comes out in people, you see it everywhere family deaths, uncle knobhead pops up wanting the diamond ring, despite not haven't visited the person for 10 years 

1 minute ago, artalien said:

Things are getting tight. This is also the community that donated silver to the ones who got swindled.

Same old people donated the remnants of the community that was 

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

Same old people donated the remnants of the community that was 

There are all ways of looking at a thing. I'm a newb at 2 years. Sure I'll make a low offer but never below spot less it's junk or 50%. Not even 2 yet ✌️

Edited by artalien
youngster edit

19 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Wouldnt say people are shrewd there is a culture change on here for the worst, limited community, limited exchanges or swapsies just people want the lowest and frankly at time Insulting prices 

I had a message yesterday to sell my graded kroner MS64 at spot, a shrewd buyer would pay above that as the coin is worth over £250 all day long 

So not shrewd just rude never would that have happened on here a year ago 

Old TSF had better prices. It’s a buyers forum.

Today's job is to book a spring holiday, so, your choice is:

Buy a sov, drop it in a tube, lock it in a box nerer to see the light of day again,

or,

A week away from the cold, rainy, dark of Febuary Britain Spent travelling round Tuscany and the Italian contryside.

I know my choice.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

Its just how the market is at this current time. I have coins listed here & FB at spot or very close to & still no buyers or offers. Very strange but its just how it is right now. In a few months when people are paying less for hearing etc more money may be splashed.

Edited by shawy2510

4 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

Its just how the market is at this current time. I have coins listed here & FB at spot or very close to & still no buyers or offers. Very strange but its just how it is right now. In a few months when people are paying less for hearing etc more money may be splashed.

For the wider economy things are going to get worse before they get better. Most people still haven't felt the full bite of rate hikes (there's a 6-18month lag). The general masterplan from the central banks and treasuries is to cause a recession to tame inflation. If we get no recession in 2024 the central banks will either hold rates or raise them until they break enough of the economy to tame demand and inflation

Having said that the main problem in society is awareness. Only about 1% hold physical precious metals so the customer base is quite small. If we increased that number, which should be happening with the spectres of recession, de-dollarisation and war hanging over us, there would be no shortage of customers even in a recession. If we expect turmoil in financial markets and global instability, we should be piling into gold and silver. That message is suppressed though as corporations and government prefer the obedient consumer to the independent stacker

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative