• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Trial of the Pyx - Stacks Bowers (USA) coming up Feb 13-14th - ALL pre-slabbed

Two auction stateside coming up for 

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/auctions/3-17WPEC/historic-test-pieces-from-the-2023-trial-of-the-pyx-presented-on-behalf-of-the-royal-mint-session-a-part-1-lots-1001-1330

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/auctions/3-17WQY0/historic-test-pieces-from-the-2023-trial-of-the-pyx-presented-on-behalf-of-the-royal-mint-session-b-part-2-lots-2001-2990

650 lots - over two sessions End Feb 13-14th 

looks like ALL lots are now slabbed by NGC with with unique RM label & Anne Jessop signatures 

None graded numerically just all mass classed as Brilliant proof/UNC- yet all marked & handled to Bvlgari 

Strange British coinage ALL gets sent Stateside to get auctioned off 

Anyhow, one to follow see what daftness gets bid up by daftys 

Be interesting what the sovereign bits get bid up to 

Enjoy :) 

Very interesting, and annoying.

I am attending the Trial of the Pyx next month. Was hoping to pick up at least one coin from what was selected in the auction of this years trials. If this is the way forward that will add an element of stress to getting something.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Anyhow, one to follow see what daftness gets bid up by daftys 

Will be expensive, even if i got a 1/10th silver i would be happy 😅

78av.gif

2 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I am attending the Trial of the Pyx next month. Was hoping to pick up at least one coin from what was selected in the auction of this years trials. If this is the way forward that will add an element of stress to getting something.

You can get many trial of the pyx condition coins on here closer to spot.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Trial of the forum spot plus 5%

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

It appears they are auctioning sets? Find it strange that they feel the need to test whole sets of Britannias, a small gold one I have was one where there were very few sets sold, so why test whole sets?

Despite the internet the mint obviously thinks they can make more money by selling in the USA despite what must be a lot of charges🤔

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Yes i will be keeping an eye out for them in time. Just felt like it would be worth attempting incase it wasn't possible. 

Shall be fun to see the trial in person, any messages for Anne? 😅

78av.gif

21 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

How does one manage to attend the trial?

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

How does one manage to attend the trial?

Message the Goldsmith's centre. My partner has arranged it as a surprise, so the finer details i do not know. Let me know if you are coming, i will say hello...may even do the special forum handshake. 

78av.gif

28 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Message the Goldsmith's centre. My partner has arranged it as a surprise, so the finer details i do not know. Let me know if you are coming, i will say hello...may even do the special forum handshake. 

You’ll no doubt be herded into some sort of gallery….. can’t have you getting too close to the goods!🤔😮should be a good day out .. enjoy!🤔😁

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

You’ll no doubt be herded into some sort of gallery….. can’t have you getting too close to the goods!🤔😮should be a good day out .. enjoy!🤔😁

Will find out the fun way. Doubt they're gonna pass around any coins 🤣 but have seen from photos they do try to let the people see a little of what's happening at least. 

Shall give a full account of the day, and try to document however i am allowed. I've not seen much in the way of information, pictures, video, about it at all online. 

78av.gif

42 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Will find out the fun way. Doubt they're gonna pass around any coins 🤣 but have seen from photos they do try to let the people see a little of what's happening at least. 

Shall give a full account of the day, and try to document however i am allowed. I've not seen much in the way of information, pictures, video, about it at all online. 

👍👍