• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

fake sovereigns on ebay

lots on ebay they are like sheep tell each other then ebay will be full of fakes and not as blatant as 1892 george spoil it for everyone ie sending coins other than listed sending parcel with nothing in it then saying oh i put coin in its becoming  you cant trust anyone not even the post office 😇

45 minutes ago, bazbigfoot said:

1892 GEORGE sovereign 

That makes it rare then. It's the only one I've seen. At 19 years before the first official one for circulation. This must be a pattern from the mint by an employee that had thought Victoria had been there too long and was planning on a royal love scandal knocking Edward VII out of the running. leaf frogging George V to the throne. Unfortunately, their crystal ball had an inclusion in it and they hadn't realised that it was Edward VIII that would run off with a bit of American Totty, leap frogging George VI to the throne. One for the collection.

Or are you suggesting it may be a little bit fake. Image result for shocked face

2 hours ago, bazbigfoot said:

i thought it was over priced but to be fair its unique a true collectors piece i'm thinking of making him an offer 😉

@bobskito the rescue! He has a talent with eBay lingo via messaging. The sellers become his best friend! 

I reported it Sunday. Wasn't expecting anything and had no reply from seller. However, I received an email from ebay that reads

eBay
The content you reported was removed

Hello ############,
Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

If you reported content that isn’t included in the below reference ID, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision. 

Your reference ID: 2-1-------4878 
Here are the listings you reported that have been removed: Item: 335208585927 sovereign coins/ gold coins 1892 King George V Australia

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

5 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

I reported it Sunday. Wasn't expecting anything and had no reply from seller. However, I received an email from ebay that reads

eBay
The content you reported was removed

Hello ############,
Thanks again for reporting the problematic content you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and removed the content. It may take up to 24 hours for it to reflect on the site. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

We let the content uploader know about this decision and the action taken. They may have the option to fix the content to make it visible again on site. They can also appeal our decision, and we'll review the case again and may reverse the original decision and action taken.

If you reported content that isn’t included in the below reference ID, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision. 

Your reference ID: 2-1-------4878 
Here are the listings you reported that have been removed: Item: 335208585927 sovereign coins/ gold coins 1892 King George V Australia

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

I reported as well and got the same email back from eBay. I wonder if they are starting to take more action when they receive multiple reports of fake goods 🤔

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

2 hours ago, Rat said:

I reported as well and got the same email back from eBay. I wonder if they are starting to take more action when they receive multiple reports of fake goods 🤔

It can't harm the efforts to report multiple times but from experience I'm not sure it makes all that much difference. We have the ebay binlord thread here and I know many of us have reported items before with no response from ebay. I think the biggest factor in this case was that he had no feedback. Once a seller has a number of positive feedback ebay take less notice. The higher this is, it would seem, the less likely it is that ebay will do anything. Regardless of if the feedback is for purchases or sales. One really bad case that was high lighted here not so long back turned out to be at it for years and was a local councillor. Loads of us reported him but nothing was done. Certainly for the items I reported but there were multiple lots that were fake, grossly over priced or just suspect. All we can do is keep trying. 

Interesting as I reported the item on Monday and got a pretty quick response from eBay to say no action being taken! Now appears the user account doesn’t exist