• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie Stacker of the Aged Variety

Hello @Dalriada83, you have just joined a lovely group of folks, so welcome to you - life will never be boring again 🌞

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Many thanks for the warm welcome good folk of the Aegis - apologies for the tardy reply but outrageous fortune slung my good lady wife a wobbly of the most unwelcome medical variety in extremely rude manner. As soon as things stabilise I intend to procure the much vaunted membership of this illustrious company and partake of the common weal of the Argent Riding. Meanwhile, wishing you all the very best of British.

Best Regards

Dalriada83

6 hours ago, Dalriada83 said:

Many thanks for the warm welcome good folk of the Aegis - apologies for the tardy reply but outrageous fortune slung my good lady wife a wobbly of the most unwelcome medical variety in extremely rude manner. As soon as things stabilise I intend to procure the much vaunted membership of this illustrious company and partake of the common weal of the Argent Riding. Meanwhile, wishing you all the very best of British.

Best Regards

Dalriada83

I am sure that we all wish Mrs. D. the very best and that she makes a speedy recovery💛

Maybe part of her recuperation can be trawling this forum on your arm, as long as she stays clear of the Naughty Boy Step, that would set any decent woman’s health back😳 xx

• 1 month later...

Hello Good Folk of the Aegis, I am happy to be back after Mrs. D has (mostly) recuperated - she managed to dodge Mr. Reaper one more time! It pays to keep a dubious address on file at the Doctors surgery - that way it takes the bugger that much longer to find you! As many of my ancestors will attest, pretending to be deaf and shouting "Who? Never 'eard of 'em!" at the cloaked harbinger only works for so long - I believe the record is held by Grannie MacGlaughlan at 4.2 seconds but only because Mr. Reaper was distracted by a sudden (and celestially unforseen) explosion at MacBlooter's distillery (purveyors of thinly disguised paraffin to the gentry since a week last Tuesday) next door, which sent twenty seven highly unskilled stokers searching for an introduction to the afterlife with unseemly haste. But enough frivolity - I trust all of you good people are in good spirits and cheer, basking in the Argent glow of that most lustrous of metals, beloved of all Gods of discernment. However, I must confess to a failing of character I indulged in almost immediately upon my return: starved of stacking to the point of distraction I gave in to an impulse purchase of . . . gold. There! I've said it! I didn't mean to succumb but I was faced with not one but two Gillick Sovereigns! Graced as they were with the youthful visage of her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom and all her dominions and dependencies, Empress of India etc. etc I just could not resist. Mind you, my bank account put up a spirited defence but I managed to beat it into submission in the end. My apologies fellow citizens of the fabled forum, I tend to ramble when I'm 'in my cups', so it's just as well i'm using a glass tonight. Take care and have a fun and silver streaked week!

Best Regards

Dalriada83 of the Empire, WTF (2nd. Class with Oak Leaves)

3 hours ago, Dalriada83 said:

Hello Good Folk of the Aegis, I am happy to be back after Mrs. D has (mostly) recuperated - she managed to dodge Mr. Reaper one more time! It pays to keep a dubious address on file at the Doctors surgery - that way it takes the bugger that much longer to find you! As many of my ancestors will attest, pretending to be deaf and shouting "Who? Never 'eard of 'em!" at the cloaked harbinger only works for so long - I believe the record is held by Grannie MacGlaughlan at 4.2 seconds but only because Mr. Reaper was distracted by a sudden (and celestially unforseen) explosion at MacBlooter's distillery (purveyors of thinly disguised paraffin to the gentry since a week last Tuesday) next door, which sent twenty seven highly unskilled stokers searching for an introduction to the afterlife with unseemly haste. But enough frivolity - I trust all of you good people are in good spirits and cheer, basking in the Argent glow of that most lustrous of metals, beloved of all Gods of discernment. However, I must confess to a failing of character I indulged in almost immediately upon my return: starved of stacking to the point of distraction I gave in to an impulse purchase of . . . gold. There! I've said it! I didn't mean to succumb but I was faced with not one but two Gillick Sovereigns! Graced as they were with the youthful visage of her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth II, Queen by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom and all her dominions and dependencies, Empress of India etc. etc I just could not resist. Mind you, my bank account put up a spirited defence but I managed to beat it into submission in the end. My apologies fellow citizens of the fabled forum, I tend to ramble when I'm 'in my cups', so it's just as well i'm using a glass tonight. Take care and have a fun and silver streaked week!

Best Regards

Dalriada83 of the Empire, WTF (2nd. Class with Oak Leaves)

Good morning and although I am delighted to see you back and buying the metal of the Gods, I am more delighted that Mrs. D is still on your arm!

I look forward to seeing you and watching your purchases 🌞

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/08/2023 at 07:57, Aldebaran said:

Maybe part of her recuperation can be trawling this forum on your arm, as long as she stays clear of the Naughty Boy Step, that would set any decent woman’s health back😳 xx

I've no idea what you're talking about.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Wha-Hey! I figured out the 'Thanks' button! This technology stuff is quite the thing when you get the hang of it. Whatever next? On-demand kinetoscope motion pictures? Amateur broadcast journalism? Who knows.? Well, I must be off and stoke up the boiler on my Austin Steam Carriage as we are off to The Globe on the Grand Union canal for our supper. Tally-Ho.

I sense my welcome to the forum is a wee bit late, but better late then never! You may have even joined before me but I extend a hand of welcome friendship.

I hope the forum has provided a bountiful hunting ground for god's shiny treasures (at a favorable rate)!

I'm glad to hear Mrs D has made a good recovery and hope she is still keeping well. Congratulations on jumping to Silver membership too, sounds like you have not regretted it.

I shall let you on your way, I should imagine your steam carriage is now up to pressure after an hours firing.

God speed good man.