• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 25 silver britannias unopened

Condition: unopened 2019 silver britannias

Staring price £750

End of auction 10pm 3rd of May (22:00 UK GMT)

Winning bid is highest price in the auction period before timestamp 22:01. If unclaimed or highest bidder pulls out I'll contact second highest bidder.

Here to sell the other half of my silver britannia collection. The tube is from royal mint like my last sale, this tube is unopened and still sealed with the sticker.

Originally bought from the European mint in Estonia I want to say.

I can't remember if they are 2019 or 2018 coins! I have to replace the roof for my house and need the cash.

Good luck, happy to open the tube if buyers need confirmation of 2018 or 2019 coins.

Auction closes in 3days, 10pm May the 3rd. Highest offer wins.

IMG_20230430_225637405.jpg

IMG_20230430_225344456.jpg

IMG_20230430_225336789.jpg

IMG_20230430_225154345.jpg

IMG_20230430_225217503.jpg

Edited by Goldbrittanialover

6 minutes ago, NGMD said:

With respect,Britannias are going for around £625-650 a tube and I doubt you’ll have any takers. Search what people have paid in the past two weeks even at the silver spot peak. If I’m out of line, I’ll apologise.

Yeah Constantin was selling them for £25.50 each today, which is £4.50 less, or £112.50 less per tube.

Also, people won't really pay any more because there is some sticky tape keeping them unopened, what is more important @Goldbrittanialover is people knowing for sure what year the coins are, they may want to see them too :)

I see @NGMD, I was going off prices by bullion by post. I did a crude search at best, time is limited. Perhaps a deal cannot be made on here.

Yea @Solachesis, I also think good to see them but.... The other tube I opened see, and they all got these white marks all over them so effectively ruined them. If sealed I thought might not get the marks? I don't want to open it and find out so buyer might get a good batch or not. They aren't like my gold britannias! Haha. 

Perhaps this post was a bit folly on my part as I didn't look at every other auction/sale on here, apologies. I don't come here often only to sell bits off when I need. 

Probably won't sell the silver but I do have 3x 2020 gold britannias and I only really need one. Is gold selling closer to the premiums on the websites? 

I can't see any listings on here for £25.50 an once silver, perhaps I am missing something here with basic membership. Cheapest I can buy at the moment is still European mint at €28 euros an ounce :(. I'm sorry for wasting everyones time with this. 

I can't let them go for £637. Also, is anyone else frustrated at silver spot prices!!! Been waiting like 4-5 years to sell these and make some sort of return.

14 minutes ago, Goldbrittanialover said:

I can't see any listings on here for £25.50 an once silver, perhaps I am missing something here with basic membership. Cheapest I can buy at the moment is still European mint at €28 euros an ounce :(. I'm sorry for wasting everyones time with this. 

I can't let them go for £637. Also, is anyone else frustrated at silver spot prices!!! Been waiting like 4-5 years to sell these and make some sort of return.

I sell them for £25.50 KCIII 2023

Check my listing  or my website

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

My limited advice would be:

1/ Opening the tube wont make a difference - they are not vacuum sealed - if they are milky they are milky.. if not they wont be... no Schrodinger's cats here - let people see what they will be buying.

2/ Set the start price lower - they will sell for what people think they are worth... - add a reserve note if your worried about selling too low. start it off at your absolute minimum

Have fun :)

Edited by andrewse
duff info

13 minutes ago, Goldbrittanialover said:

Probably due to your membership. Go silver at least or you are missing out on loads.

Screenshot_20230501_090907_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9211fef979343391b9622bc35a312ac2.jpg

36 minutes ago, Goldbrittanialover said:

The other tube I opened see, and they all got these white marks all over them so effectively ruined them. If sealed I thought might not get the marks?

This is known as milk spotting. It seems none of the modern silver bullion is immune. 

13 minutes ago, Goldbrittanialover said:

I can't let them go for £637

As the seller it's your choice what to offer them at, equally buyers will choose whether or not they want to buy them.

The rules for auctions on silver forum state no reserves so best to start the action at the minimum price you would be happy to accept otherwise you could end up hurting your reputation if you didn't honor the final bid. If you don't get any offers at your asking price then hold for higher prices 👍🏼

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/34445-auction-hidden-reserve-prices-no-longer-allowed/

Thankyou for everyone's input, I will auction on eBay with the selling fees applicable to that site. 

A new post may come next few weeks for some gold bullion coins. But will have to take pictures and retrieve the coins from my safe first which is an hour's drive away. 

Thank you all for your input. 

Thankyou @modofantasma, I didn't realise that TSF members can get bullion at similar costs to VAT free here. Again sorry for not doing my research appropriately and wasting everyone's time. The last batch I sold sold very similar to the prices by Bullion by post. I was naive and stupid. 

Apologies again.

I honestly though £750 was a good deal compared to the bullion sites and I didn't not think I was asking way over what I could get for the coins. I accept I have probably ruined my reputation here a little. 

All the best and let's hope both gold and silver prices rise soon. 

Goldbritannialover

20 minutes ago, Goldbrittanialover said:

I accept I have probably ruined my reputation here a little. 

I wouldn’t say that at all. You asked some good questions and were open to feedback. I wish you all the best with the sale mate.