• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 circulating coinage

Where is it?

The mint have been on a roll, it cannot be denied. They're churning out sovereigns, bullion, commemoratives for both the late Queen and the new King. They're putting out Brits, Queen's/King's beasts, dead monarchs, the list goes on and on...

Where's the actual stuff we spend? You know the actual first purpose of a national mint? At least in my eyes.

When can I start finding a full range of Charles coins in my change?

Edited by SidS

2 hours ago, SidS said:

Where is it?

The mint have been on a roll, it cannot be denied. They're churning out sovereigns, bullion, commemoratives for both the late Queen and the new King. They're putting out Brits, Queen's/King's beasts, dead monarchs, the list goes on and on...

Where's the actual stuff we spend? You know the actual first purpose of a national mint? At least in my eyes.

I wouldn't expect it to be any time soon - there are plenty of 2022 and earlier QE2 coins still in the long store which would probably go out first (they won't be melted down).

Who knows, there might even end up being some denominations that don't have any 2023-dated coins minted for circulation!

2 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Got a bag full of the new 50Ps

No dates on them.

20230222_214722.jpg

20230222_214811.jpg

The date should be on both sides of the leek on reverse, see if able to locate it. By the way, where did u buy a full bag from?

Edited by Bruce06

8 hours ago, Bruce06 said:

The date should be on both sides of the leek on reverse, see if able to locate it. By the way, where did u buy a full bag from?

Got a friend whos got a friend whos mum is a store manager in a local shop 😄

On 20/02/2023 at 12:12, SidS said:

Where is it?

As has been said no time soon.

They only produce coins for circulation in fairly big batches based on when they consider it necessary. 

There are I believe a lot of shiny new Luzzie's in various denominations that will be used up as and when needed, ditto notes and postage stamps. 

Probably a number of 2023 coins will only exist in uncirculated form in a definitive year pack much later in the year. 

I asked some employees at the mint about this today and they said there would be 2023 circulating coins being made this year but whether they actually go into circulation this year is another matter due to the amount of QE2 coins still in the long store.

I'm still hoping the new £1 will end up trickling out though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally caved in and bought £20 face in sealed 50p off of eBay. I had tried several post offices to acquire some, but none were stocking them. Ended up paying double face, the cheapest I could source them.

I've pulled out the 20 best ones to keep. Ten others put on the maybe sidelines, the remaining 10 coins are pretty dinged and scratched and I'll be putting those into circulation shortly. Too much collectable c**p and not enough work-horses!

1 hour ago, SidS said:

I finally caved in and bought £20 face in sealed 50p off of eBay. I had tried several post offices to acquire some, but none were stocking them. Ended up paying double face, the cheapest I could source them.

I've pulled out the 20 best ones to keep. Ten others put on the maybe sidelines, the remaining 10 coins are pretty dinged and scratched and I'll be putting those into circulation shortly. Too much collectable c**p and not enough work-horses!

Which ones did you get?

If you live near an arcade, rather than putting the unexciting 50ps straight back into circulation, you could stick them all into one of those change machines that turns them into 10ps. At least then you get another free go at getting some exciting A-Z alphabet 10ps!

5 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Which ones did you get?

If you live near an arcade, rather than putting the unexciting 50ps straight back into circulation, you could stick them all into one of those change machines that turns them into 10ps. At least then you get another free go at getting some exciting A-Z alphabet 10ps!

Ha good idea!

I just got the 2022 ones with the old crown reverse.