• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What’s wrong with this picture?

Mrpound

9 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I'm no expert but... is the mint mark "W" rather than the "S" as stated on the description?

Nice one I thought it was that some one had used a black marker on the case.

In all seriousness. It's not good. and these guys are the professional graders with a super keen and critical eye.

18 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I'm no expert but... is the mint mark "W" rather than the "S" as stated on the description?

6 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Nice one I thought it was that some one had used a black marker on the case.

In all seriousness. It's not good. and these guys are the professional graders with a super keen and critical eye.

How scary is it that they have made this **** up, we pay a lot of money to have coins graded by experts and this is the return 🥴

a side note it was submitted in a two coin set, the pride of two nations set.

26 minutes ago, Mrpound said:

Any one care to play

“what have NGC done wrong now?”

B2A2FC06-B847-47BE-BD29-D01BB2C7C1EB.thumb.jpeg.5290511387543bb7a6c088243ba95667.jpeg8389CACC-DE32-4860-871D-8773E201FF52.thumb.jpeg.07a5396d8cd79f7e8ad9522d19e778b9.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Looks like you got it right.

It is probably an easy mistake to make. Probably some junior or trainee entering the descriptions,and thinking S = Silver, even though S$1 means Silver 1 Dollar.

If it said "W", would it be Tungsten (Wolfram)?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Looks like you got it right.

It is probably an easy mistake to make. Probably some junior or trainee entering the descriptions,and thinking S = Silver,even though S$1 means Silver 1 Dollar.

If it said "W", would it be Tungsten (Wolfram)?

😎

What irritates me is the hassle it’s going to take for it to be put right.

will probably be another couple of months before I get them in hand.

As I assume they will have to send it back to that states to encapsulate it again 😠

some compensation should be in order but I doubt I’ll receive any 😂

@Mrpound They make mistakes like that all the time, I've seen piedfort graded sovereigns for sale on here many times with piedfort spelt as piefort & you are right you'll get no compensation for their f--k up & you'll have to pay to send it back yourself unless you are grading hundreds of coins.

Not really good enough but that's just the way it is with a lot of things nowadays.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

18 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@Mrpound They make mistakes like that all the time, I've seen piedfort graded sovereigns for sale on here many times with piedfort spelt as piefort & you are right you'll get no compensation for their f--k up & you'll have to pay to send it back yourself unless you are grading hundreds of coins.

Not really good enough but that's just the way it is with a lot of things nowadays.

Piss poor show, I’m hoping as I haven’t received yet nore have I paid I will be able to at least get them to correct their mistake 🤞 which should be the least they can do

That’s the reason I’m partial to British collectors - you’re not as hung up on graded and slabbed coins as they are in the US.  When I first started collecting the majority of coins were raw; graded but not slabbed.  
Now so many people are obsessed with perfect (70) coins and either NGC or PCGS slabs that it’s become a racket.  You submit to a grader, pay the bucks, wait six months for a return and hope for the best.

You see how seriously they take your business when you get a mislabeled item like Mrpound.  No thanks, I like mine raw.  (save the jokes)

1 hour ago, Sc391 said:

That’s the reason I’m partial to British collectors - you’re not as hung up on graded and slabbed coins as they are in the US.  When I first started collecting the majority of coins were raw; graded but not slabbed.  
Now so many people are obsessed with perfect (70) coins and either NGC or PCGS slabs that it’s become a racket.  You submit to a grader, pay the bucks, wait six months for a return and hope for the best.

You see how seriously they take your business when you get a mislabeled item like Mrpound.  No thanks, I like mine raw.  (save the jokes)

Can’t argue with anything you’ve just said unfortunately, apart from liking it raw 🤣 I do hope they try and sort the problem otherwise I won’t be subscribing or submitting again 🤨

I have contacted ngc, I will send them another form just for the coin in question and they have said they will get the label issue corrected and sent back to USA ‘RUSH’ job apparently at their expense ( as it should be ) we shall see how it goes, they also didn’t apply my £120 voucher to my invoice which they are correcting. So I’m not paying a penny until it’s all rectified.